“Second time and still fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
fire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,670 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Moreland
Transit: Shaker Square
Hartford
“Second time and still fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I come to the Cleveland area once a year of so for business. When I travel I try to visit some of the better restaurants in the area. Last year I tried Fire and liked it so much that i came back again. I had a sweet potato and kale salad which was wonderful, a fantastic tandoor rib-eye, and the apple tart for dessert. My co-worker is vegetarian, and we will only go to restaurants that have a vegetarian option on the menu (I have called other restaurants and they say they can put something together, but that seems more like an after thought). I don't remember exactly what her dish was but it had roasted pears and polenta which she enjoyed very much.

I am looking forward to my next visit to Cleveland so that I can try something else at this restaurant.

• Visited March 2014

Cleveland, Ohio
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

What a delightful place for dinner! We had a relatively early reservation (6pm) and the restaurant was almost full already.

We had reservations and were promptly seated. I had the Alaskan cod which was beautifully charred on the outside and sweet and moist on the inside. Hubby had the scallops; there were only two but they were HUGE. The sides are thoughtful and complimentary.

Definitely expensive, but well worth the cost.

This is in Shaker Square where parking is a major pain; they do offer complimentary valet parking so make sure that you take advantage of this.

Visited February 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Finest restaraunt in Cleveland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Do not miss this amazing restaurant while in Cleveland. Great atmosphere are amazing food. The Chef is one of Cleveland's best!

• Visited October 2013
Broadview Heights, Ohio
“Excellent dinning experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Exceptional meal, innovative and fresh! Love the local farm to table menu. Charming location and a wonderful decor. We had a great dinner, appetizer cheese selection plate was amazing and the desserts were equally as delicious! The only complaint I would have is our server was not the greatest.. She didn't seem very engaged.. I read reviews that complained about the price but everyone in our party felt our meal was worth EVER penny!! I would defiantly return!!

• Visited January 2014
Cleveland
“Very disappointed; food just ok; poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

New Year's Eve - everyone has high expectations but Fire disappointed us. Our group was crammed in so much that one person ended up sitting sideways. Restaurant offered its regular menu with a few specials. Service was very slow and we had to ask more than once for some things. I thought that this was supposed to be one of the best restaurants in Cleveland - but the food was nothing special. A dinner portion of pumpkin ravioli was $29 and it contained just 5 ravioli that were dry & lacked sauce.

Why did the restaurant accept more reservations than it could accomodate? We felt ripped off. For 2 of us our bill was $150 and this included just 2 glasses of wine.

• Visited December 2013