“Great overall dining experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
fire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,562 Restaurants in Cleveland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Doing business, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Moreland
Transit: Shaker Square
Hartford
“Great overall dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was in town with a coworker and this restaurant was recommended by our client. We went on a Tuesday night and the place about 3/4 full, which to me is a good sign since this can be a slower night for a restaurant, The food was good. I started with the ceasar salad which comes with 6 spoons of chopped add-ons (egg, salmon, bacon, capers). I thought the dressing was a little mild for the salad, but I like my ceasar with the anchovies, so maybe I expect a stronger flavor. For my main course I had the Tandor pork chop and this was fantastic. Desert was the ricotta cheesecake which was not nearly as sweet as most others and had a distinct and refreshing cheese flavor. They also had a nice selection of wines by the glass. My co-worker is vegetarian and she had the veggie option on the menu. She said is was very good (and cleaned her plate).

The setting is modern with a nice energy and the service was efficient, friendly, and professional. We will be back the next time we are in town.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Clevelan
“Great ambiance and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Nice atmosphere, great food. My crispy duck confit was superb! Fire grilled items smelled good - can't wait to come back and try them!

Visited March 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The wife and I went here on the advice of a friend. Wow, it was fantastic. I had the Mongolian BBQ crepes which was an adventurous pick for me and they were outstanding. The crepes melded a couple of flavors and were just exquisite. The place was packed on a Sunday morning about 11:30 for brunch so I would recommend a reservation. The cinnamon rolls are a big hit as well. We will definitely go back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
shaker heights
“delicious, sustainable seafood, high-quality local ingredients”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Fire is a unique and delicious, upscale, Shaker Square favorite. Their salads and vegetables usually contain local items grown from farms near Cleveland. The service is friendly and there's ample staffing to take care of the diners. The atmosphere is modern yet romantic with a large open dining room and kitchen, a banquette, and bar tucked into the corner. The chef, Doug Katz, follows sustainable seafood practices and the menu changes seasonally. The food is well-prepared and interesting without being overly complex. You can get delicious mussels, a hamburger, or a variety of fish, meats, and baked items from their grill, clay and tandoori ovens. My wife and I love coming to Fire on a date night. Save a little room for the warm oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that come with your check.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Its OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Noit my favorite place, I think the fried chicken is marinated, which to me is just not right to do to fried chicken. It comes with waffles, which again is just not right. Many people love it however, just be warned if your a purist, you may be put off.

Visited January 2013