“What No Bread” 4 of 5 stars

216-241-4243
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Flying Fig is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 1,669 Restaurants in Cleveland
Good for: Romance, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: One Block North of West 25th and Lorain
Transit: Steps from the West 25th Street RTA station.
Saratoga, California
“What No Bread”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I really like this restaurant. It is consistently serves good to excellent food. Our last trip was with a Groupon for four people. We had hoped to walk over to the Westside Market after lunch but we ran out of time. I expect we will make it to the Market next time.

I had the burger (always good), two had the salmon and loved it. My partner had the steak entrée. This was not the hanger stake of a past visit and we loved the current offering.

Dessert was a caramel moose? with caramel sauce. Whatever it was it was excellent!

My only disappointment was that bread was no longer served gratis and that they had changed bakers. As I did not order it I do not know the quality. The prior supplier provided the best French bread I have had in Cleveland. I will miss it.

All that said, I will return to the Fig. I do like it!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lakewood, Ohio
“Awesome brunch.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was my 4th time here but first time posting about my expierence.

I always want to go for lunch or dinner but I always end up at brunch and couldn't be more then happy.

To start off, I bought the travelzoo.com deal for $35. With that you get a fruit plate to share(grapes, melon, pineapple, apple), two brunch meals of your choice, and 2 alcoholic drinks each. The drinks are priced at $7.50 each so that is $28 right there and worth the price of the coupon.

I had the french toast and it was holy hell damn good. just full of flavors, awesome syrup which I really didnt even need, and strawberry. My g/f got the biscuits and gravy which she lived and I have had before and would agree....very good. Everything I have ever had at brunch JUST TASTES FRESH!

Always look forward to returning. Service also always great.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Canton, Ohio
“So rude!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Made a reservation for 8 people to dine before a show at Playhouse Square. It was happy hour and we decided to sit in the bar and have a drink before we ate dinner. We asked the bartender if we could sit in a booth and we took the chips off the bar after asking if we could. The hostess stormed over and grabbed the chips stating that they had "rules" about the chips remaining on the bar and that we could buy some very nice appetizers off of the menu. Drinks were expensive and the whole vibe was unwelcoming. We left without ordering anything, so I can't comment on the food. It's a shame we didn't get to try it! On the other hand, Great Lakes Brewery just across the street was very accommodating and got our business that night.

Visited October 2013
SappiNY
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

First time here for brunch last weekend. There was a group of four of us and we each tried different things. We all enjoyed our meal! I got the apple pancakes and they were out of this world. All the ingredients were so fresh. We will definitely go back. They appear to change the menu every month so looking forward to some different menu items. But I hope those pancakes are still there!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nyack, New York
“An unexpected find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

When we discovered the Flying Fig we actually were trying to go to a different restaurant across the street but were too hungry to wait the hour it would take to get seated. The Fig took us in right away. We were very glad they did.

The menu is not large, but almost everything is locally sourced (the farms are listed at the bottom of the menu), and treated with the respect and restraint good ingredients require. Where many restaurant dishes these days seem to have just one too many ingredient, the items at the Flying Fig were thoughtfully conceived and beautifully executed. They even make their own, very delicious, hot sauce.

The staff was very accommodating to our changing needs as friends unexpectedly arrived to join us. I would return with pleasure if I find myself in Cleveland again.

Visited October 2013