“So rude!” 1 of 5 stars

216-241-4243
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Flying Fig is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 1,670 Restaurants in Cleveland
Good for: Romance, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: One Block North of West 25th and Lorain
Transit: Steps from the West 25th Street RTA station.
Canton, Ohio
“So rude!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Made a reservation for 8 people to dine before a show at Playhouse Square. It was happy hour and we decided to sit in the bar and have a drink before we ate dinner. We asked the bartender if we could sit in a booth and we took the chips off the bar after asking if we could. The hostess stormed over and grabbed the chips stating that they had "rules" about the chips remaining on the bar and that we could buy some very nice appetizers off of the menu. Drinks were expensive and the whole vibe was unwelcoming. We left without ordering anything, so I can't comment on the food. It's a shame we didn't get to try it! On the other hand, Great Lakes Brewery just across the street was very accommodating and got our business that night.

Visited October 2013

SappiNY
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

First time here for brunch last weekend. There was a group of four of us and we each tried different things. We all enjoyed our meal! I got the apple pancakes and they were out of this world. All the ingredients were so fresh. We will definitely go back. They appear to change the menu every month so looking forward to some different menu items. But I hope those pancakes are still there!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nyack, New York
“An unexpected find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

When we discovered the Flying Fig we actually were trying to go to a different restaurant across the street but were too hungry to wait the hour it would take to get seated. The Fig took us in right away. We were very glad they did.

The menu is not large, but almost everything is locally sourced (the farms are listed at the bottom of the menu), and treated with the respect and restraint good ingredients require. Where many restaurant dishes these days seem to have just one too many ingredient, the items at the Flying Fig were thoughtfully conceived and beautifully executed. They even make their own, very delicious, hot sauce.

The staff was very accommodating to our changing needs as friends unexpectedly arrived to join us. I would return with pleasure if I find myself in Cleveland again.

Visited October 2013
Brit in NC
“Enjoyed it. Great wait staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Fresh food. Snagged a table for two on a Friday night as a walk-in. They had a pork-belly, fried green tomato starter special that my wife loved. I had mussels and they were so-so. Main course was an excellent steak for me and my wife had a salad both of which were great. Fantastic wait-staff.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Should have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is the first time I've eaten at The Flying Fig in many years; I have been hearing very good things about it. I was quite disappointed. The ambience is fine and quite casual, alhough it was very loud. The menu was interesting with many small plate choices. I did have the beet salad which was delicious. The main courses were particularly disappointing. I had the special which was the pork belly. It should have been outstnading, the flavors were there, but the egg was over and the pork belly had lost it's crispyiness. One of the other members of our group had another special which was grilled shrimp; it had been described to us as large shrimp, which they were not. Also, it was quite overdone as well. As a side note, everything was charged for seperately; the blue cheese olives in our martinis, having the martini "up" also had an extra charge, bread was also an added charge. one of our party ordered a "signature" cocktail which she didn't like and sent back; we were charged for that as well. With all of our choices in this city, I probably will not go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere