“Should have been better” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Flying Fig is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 1,565 Restaurants in Cleveland
Good for: Romantic, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: One Block North of West 25th and Lorain
Transit: Steps from the West 25th Street RTA station.
Cleveland, Ohio
“Should have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is the first time I've eaten at The Flying Fig in many years; I have been hearing very good things about it. I was quite disappointed. The ambience is fine and quite casual, alhough it was very loud. The menu was interesting with many small plate choices. I did have the beet salad which was delicious. The main courses were particularly disappointing. I had the special which was the pork belly. It should have been outstnading, the flavors were there, but the egg was over and the pork belly had lost it's crispyiness. One of the other members of our group had another special which was grilled shrimp; it had been described to us as large shrimp, which they were not. Also, it was quite overdone as well. As a side note, everything was charged for seperately; the blue cheese olives in our martinis, having the martini "up" also had an extra charge, bread was also an added charge. one of our party ordered a "signature" cocktail which she didn't like and sent back; we were charged for that as well. With all of our choices in this city, I probably will not go back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Cleveland, Ohio
“A lot of unique entrees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was close to a 5 rating, but my meal, or my wife's didn't quite WOW me the way a 5 should. The appetizers were a solid 5 though for the flat bread and calamari and shrimp. The staff was very courteous and mindful to our needs. Nice atmosphere, particularly outside. Will definitely go back again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Melts in Your Mouth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The best pancakes I have had in years. The pancakes, have the most lovely peaches inside. The Migas are also out of this world. A must go.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toledo, Ohio
“Farm to Table Greatness!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Friendly service staff.Probably the best brunch I've ever had. My fiance had the Migas and I had the best biscuits and gravy ever! Cheddar and chive biscuits and sage sausage, a truly wonderful way to spend a Sunday. We'll be going back every chance we have. The only downside- a little worn around the edges and could use an update on the tables/booths.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Well played, owner of Flying Fig... well played”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

The food here is really good, some may consider it a little pricier than other places nearby but the taste and quality of the food here is just amazing. Try it once, take your woman on a date,, take your man on a date.. You will not dissappoint

Visited May 2013