“Taste Explosion” 5 of 5 stars

216-241-4243
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Flying Fig is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 1,697 Restaurants in Cleveland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romance, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: One Block North of West 25th and Lorain
Transit: Steps from the West 25th Street RTA station.
Ottawa Hills, OH
“Taste Explosion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

We were torn between this restaurant and another for our anniversary. The Flying Fig did not disappoint! Our server was knowledgeable and friendly and offered great suggestions for our meals and our wine. Love the farm to table philosophy as well. Kudos!

Visited October 2011

Cleveland, OH
“Loud music is so unnecessary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

When will nice restaurants stop playing stupid music? Food was good, flatbread and green beans were yummy, burger a bit lame, but desserts were awesome. Hubby had special, swordfish, he said it was the best. Other guest had squash, but for the price, expected more. Roasted cauliflower was so good. We will be back, close to our top pick for bes in Cleveland, just need to lose the awful music!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Warren, New Jersey
“Pretty darn good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We came here after realizing Great Lakes Brewery isn't open on Sundays. We had the omelet of the day and pancakes with fresh pieces for a late lunch. Service was attentive, the food was very tasty and we left more than satisfied. I would try The Flying Fig again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
EVANSVILLE
“Glad I went, but I wouldn't go again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The Flying Fig features locally grown, mostly organic foods. The entrees ranged from lamb loin to braised short ribs to pork loin to chicken. They were all delicious, and I am glad we went there.....once. This is a trendy bar that serves outstanding, but, to me, expensive food.

Although different and tasty, I thought the meals were either overpriced or the portions did not justify the cost. $24 for three 1 1/2" inch diameter lamb loin medallions on top of pureed turnips was, I thought, overpriced. Add $9 for a small portion of mixed greens salad. Add $9 for three 2" long stuffed figs. $42 for a meal that, although excellent in quality and taste, still left me hungry.

The Flying Fig is what I would classify as a "yuppie" restaurant/bar. It is more of a "place to be" bar than restaurant. The bar atmosphere and accompanying volume made it all but impossible to have conversation with the person across our table. Yelling in order to be heard by my dinner companions made for a not so enjoyable experience. For the price of our meals (approaching $300 for 6), there should be a division between the bar and the "dining room." The volume level of the bar overshadowed the excellent food we had.

Again, I'm glad I went this one time, but I would not go again, nor would I recommend The Flying Fig for folks who just want a very good, if slightly expensive, dinner. By all means, go there if you want a lively bar scene, but there are, in my opinion, much better environments for an enjoyable dinner.

• Visited September 2011
Miami Beach, Florida
“Cleveland does it again, this time with a Fig!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I have been raving about restaurants in Cleveland as I visit often that secretly amazing city. This time we went to the Flying Fig, or "the Fig" as locals call it. The menu was inventive and interesting and the dishes masterfully executed. The menu changes often but if you are lucky to have the scallops on your day, by all means order them. And do not skip dessert, we had two because we could not make up our minds. All delicious. Again, a lady chef! I think Cleveland has the best female chefs in the country. The place is well appointed. A good wine list also, it even has two different albariños. Our waiter was casual and helpful with a great disposition. Prices very reasonable for the outstanding quality of the food. I would definelty recommend "the Fig" and will visit it again on my next trip at the end of this month.

• Visited July 2011