“Good food at a good price” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good food at a good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit to Little Italy. We had a delicious dinner on a Monday night. The house salad was generous and the mussels appetizer had a great flavor. We ordered the three cheese spinach ravioli and a pizza - both were plenty to eat. We were so stuffed that we went for a walk and came back for dessert (chocolate mousse cake) on the patio. Prices are very reasonable and service was friendly. Small parking lot in back is a plus since parking is tight in Little Italy.

Visited July 2014

Spotsylvania, Virginia
“Delicious Italian!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We ate here before visiting Lakeview Cemetery and it was just splendid. The veal parmagiana was great, thin breading and great sauce. The white pizza is wonderful, best we've had in years and the chicken picata was every bit as good as the rest of the meal. I would return to try other dishes. Great homemade Italian food.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Awesome Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The helpful concierge (James) at the Glidden House suggested this restaurant (among several) in Murray Hill, aka Little Italy, and we ended up here. Walking in through the back door, my first impression was uncertainty - the place seemed loud and busy and its decor did nothing to inspire confidence.

And yet - this was truly an exceptional dinner. We were a family dinner party of six and we all loved our meals. In fact, we are Boston area folks who have dined at many North End restaurants (Boston's famous Italian section) and we all agreed that our food at Trattoria Roman Gardens bested anything we've had in Boston.

Don't go for the decor, or for a quiet, romantic dinner. But DO go if you want fantastic Italian food without frills and pretension. Oh, and the service was great too.

Noted dish - the absolute BEST eggplant parmesan that any of us had ever eaten. If you go, someone MUST order this entree, it's fantastic.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Putnam, Connecticut
“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

After spending the day in Cleveland, sightseeing etc, we decided to go to Little Italy to experience the wonderful Italian experience that everyone else raves about. We parked in a little parking lot down the street for $3.00 and walked up the street with the intention of going to Mama Santo's but there was a wait of over an hour. So, we decided to try Trattoria's. There was a short wait (ten minutes) and the place was packed (5PM on a Sat night). We were seated at a little table right at the stairs & in front of the servers station to the bar. I was told I could put my purse, sunglasses, hat etc on a table that had jars of spaghetti sauce for sale. The tables were very close together and the wait staff seemed like they had a hard time getting around the chairs. I was made to feel like we sitting were in the server's way. Our waitress wasn't very friendly- almost giving us the impression that we were bothering her. We got our wine and ordered our food, the waitress brought over some bread. My date had ordered a side salad which was not included in our meal and he was about half way thru when our dinner came. He had veal marsala which he said was 'just ok' and I had the chicken parm. I was expecting breaded chicken like the menu said, and I think it had a breading on it of some kind, but wasn't melt in your mouth delicious like I was expecting. To be honest, Olive Garden's chicken parm wins over this hands down! Our waitress never came back to see how we were doing and we had to flag someone over to try to get our check. We were not going to box our leftovers because we didn't have a fridge at our hotel- but I wouldn't have wanted to box my meal anyway. A different waiter brought our bill and our wine wasn't on the tab, so we told the waiter that our bill needed to be fixed and he rolled his eyes, brought our tab to our original server and my date could see him cussing out our waitress at the computer. We got the correct bill & were ready to pay & had to flag another server down to pay. We were never offered dessert (do they even serve it?). Overall, the restaurant was loud, really loud, and they made us feel rushed to turn over tables, but yet couldn't get anyone's attention when it came time to pay. Overall experience= MEH.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chesterland, Ohio
“Maybe they were just having a bad day”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I saw all the great reviews so I thought we would give it a try. We did the tour of the four museums that were free on Saturday thanks to the Cleveland Foundation. Little Italy is just a short drive away. Found Trattoria which had off street parking and pulled in - which was the best part of this dining experience. It was early evening and not very busy. Staff seemed to be standing around looking for someone to serve so I figure that service shouldn't be a problem. The hostess was friendly and we were able to get the booth we requested. The waitress came over and got our drink order but she didn't seem too happy about it. Now I don't need Pharrell Williams to sing me the "Happy" song but it would be good to see a smile out of a waitress every once in awhile. That didn't happen. But maybe she was just having a bad day. We ordered what I consider Italian staples - Lasagna and Chicken Parmesan. Wait time to get are food was normal. The Lasagna was vegetarian it was just OK. The menu said the Chicken Parmesan had a thin bread coating. I think Chick-fil-a might have a thinner bread coating. We asked for more bread - twice. There were only 10 people in the restaurant but it was still loud - how can that be? But maybe they were just having a bad day.

• Visited May 2014