“THE BEST Corned Beef Sandwich” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout
Cleveland, Ohio
“THE BEST Corned Beef Sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

To Me, Slyman's is synomous with corned beef! Why go anywhere else when you get the whole experience here. The sandwich is bountiful with mounds of meat that you have to share your sandwich. The rye bread is fresh and even has old fashioned flavor. The whipped cream of this place is the atmosphere - you have to wait in line, watch the crazed staff and feel like you earned your place to walk out the door. Truly, some of my favorite lunches were getting that sandwich to go. They used to have an adorable man at the counter who was always a bonus. I guess it's time for me to go back and see if he's still there to smile back at me. It's not just corned beef when you go to Slyman's!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

94% Recommend
Cleveland, Ohio
“Biggest and best corned beef sandwich...ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

$10 for a sandwich seems pricey, huh? Well, if you can get two or three meals out of it, then it's not so bad! The breakfasts are awesome too! I took my VP there for a business breakfast and she was eating the corned beef from my plate.

• Visited February 2013
San Jose, CA
“Open just Mon-Fri, for the best Corned beef in world, sorry NY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We have been to NYC's best corned beef places, and they are fine, but Slyman's Deli beats them all. Cleveland - also with Jack's and Joe's Deli - has to have the finest quality corned beef sandwiches in the USA! Only open Monday through Friday around lunch time, in an off beat area but worth it. Get there early.

• Visited September 2012
Ohio
“Great Corned Beef!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My sister and I drove down from Findlay, Oh, specifically to try out the corned beef sandwich (which I have not had a good one since I left Chicago). WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED! Though we had to stand in line outside in the cold (with a few locals and tourists who made great conversation!), the wait wasn't bad at all, (about 15 minutes max, and this was about an hour before closing) and the sandwich was delicious! For $12, we got the regular corned beef, and my sister had an order of fries. Once we ate as much as we could (and took the rest with us), I heard about the 'ends' (I think it was called) for $7.00, which was a big container of shredded corned beef, perfect for corned beef hash. I also took a half pound of sliced corned beef for later (hey, it WAS St Patrick's Day weekend), and the server threw in a few slices of rye bread for free. It was all worth it!

• Visited March 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Not just for St. Patty's Day.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

A Cleveland experience. Infamously huge corned beef sandwiches. Patronized by a diverse crowd who all know good food when they eat it.

Visited April 2012