“Delicious!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #183 of 1,548 Restaurants in Cleveland
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: STONETOWN is the newest concept from "Soul Republic United Restaurant Group". The same visionary team that brought you Zanzibar Soul Fusion, Jezebels Bayou, and re-created the Angie's Soul Cafe brand. We have created a special Southern influenced menu that we are sure will please the palate.The atmosphere is casual and relaxed. Come and dine, sit at the large bar and watch the game, or just get warm in front of the fire place on your laptop while enjoying our play list. I am sure you will find the experience pleasing to you.
Cumming, Georgia, United States
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

One of many downtown eateries, Stonetown is worth a try. The red velvet waffles were unique, but be sure to get the mac-n-cheese! It's an adult version of the kid favorite, and so so good!!

Visited May 2014

New Haven, Connecticut
“Comfortable & affordable in downtown.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

This is a southern themed space in the walkable downtown. Food is very good with shrimp, chicken, fish & ribs at fair prices. It is comfortable with excellent seating and a fireplace. Requisite TV's at very low volume and superior music at listening volume. Conversation is easy. Service is well trained, prices are entirely fair and the dinners were well prepared. It would be easy to return regularly.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank George M
“If you want service don't go there.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We had reservations and were seated promptly, but after at least 10 minutes at our table no one came by. So we relocated to the bar hoping for service. Ten minutes passed and nothing. The food looked great but we left because of the complete lack of service.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars
Terri F, Public Relations Manager at Stonetown, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear CJRunsForBeer, I am very sorry to hear about your experience that is normally not our way of operations. We are sorry for the inconvenience and disappointed that you left. Please email me at terrif@soulrepublicur.com. We would like the opportunity to make it up to you and get you that chance to try the delicious food you saw.
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good service and good food! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Went here for a family get together and was pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. More importantly I was surprised that I have lived here my whole life and have never heard about this newer installment to the Gateway District. Because I was attending an event our food was served buffet style and was still pretty good. The fried chicken wings and both the fried and blackened catfish were very good. The candied yams and collard greens were good, the mac n cheese, although prepared in classic soulfood fashion, left a little to be desired. I liked the concept of the stone rolls and they had good flavor, they were just a little doughy or floury this time. I would still definitely return on an individual basis as I see the potential for having a great dining experience. The staff was friendly and attentive also.

1 Thank TeniWalls
Ancaster
“Don't Walk By”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

After several visits to Cleveland in the past few months and walking by each time I finally got into this expansive restaurant and ended up kicking myself for not getting in sooner. The service from Caroline was excellent. As a lone chowman you often get bad service based on the fact the tip will be commensurate with the size of a one person bill. She was great and help guide my choices. The Soul Rolls should be featured in bold letters. This is a signature style dish meaning they are unique and worth getting the word out on. I then stepped out of my comfort zone and ordered the Turkey Chops. Not because I don't like turkey but I would never order it in a restaurant because it never comes out well. This was a hearty dish with a nice gravy and I spent most of the meal trying to figure out how to make this at home. The cut of meat was baffling to me as how they got turkey to resemble a pork chop. Tender, juicy, perfectly cooked. The sides were average with a white rice that could have better complimented the turkey dish as wild rice or basmati, and the Mac and cheese was just a bad compliment choice from me but wasn't overly popping with flavour. I could have avoided my only other criticism by simply choosing another seat but, looking at people working out while you are dining turns out to be not high on my list of things I like. I'll be back.

Visited March 2014