“Unique flavors of delicious ice cream” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #43 of 1,684 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Ice Cream
Des Moines, Iowa
“Unique flavors of delicious ice cream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Orange blossom ice cream. That's probably all I need to say to justify the 5 star rating, in my opinion. But since I do tend to be a bit verbose on this site, I'll try to elaborate a bit more. :)

Now, to clarify, I didn't actually try this particular Honey Hut location, but the one I did doesn't have its own TripAdvisor page yet. The location I ate at is at Edgewater Beach. Which means you can buy an ice cream cone and wander along the beach while you eat it - which is exactly what I did. In the summertime (or late springtime when I was in Cleveland), there's nothing better than the beach and ice cream. Particularly when the ice cream is this good!

The main highlight for me, ice cream-wise was the unique flavor that I was able to get. I have never seen orange blossom ice cream on any menu before or since this trip. In fact, orange itself is rare enough outside a sherbet, now that I think about it. This one was good, smooth and creamy, with a very nice subtle orange flavor. Orange is easy to overdo, but this was just perfect. Refreshing, sweet and natural tasting, not at all like the aggressive imitation orange flavors you find in many frozen treats. A scoop of this ice cream in a sugar cone and a walk on the beach was just about perfect.

I'm sure the actual stores are just as good as the beach location, and looking at the website after my trip, I see that orange blossom was far from the most unusual ice cream flavor that Honey Hut offers. Sea salt caramel sounds particularly intriguing, as do banana peanut butter, pumpkin pecan, or blackberry chocolate chip, just to name a few. I wish I had a Honey Hut near me, just so I could try all the amazing-sounding flavors! Make this a must-stop if you're ever in Cleveland.

Visited May 2013

Sylvania, Ohio
“WE LOVE HONEY HUT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We love coming back to Cleveland during the summer and enjoying a stop at Honey Hut. No one makes a turtle sundae as good as them! My favorite is to have it made with chocolate pecan ice cream. Everyone at Honey Hut is always friendly and cheerful and we dont mind waiting in line for our ice cream!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“our local ice cream stand”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

So when we were looking for a house to buy, distance to a good ice cream place was important. Abundance of libraries were too so no judging. This place is just a few blocks away so most of our walks end up there. The waffle cones are what we always get-vanilla for me, usually orange blossom for him. The ice cream is pricey for the neighborhood but it's worth it as a treat. There are several picnic tables and benches to sit at under a pegola. There's a drinking fountain but DO NOT use--little kids stick their whole mouth on the spout. The people watching can be entertaining and I like to watch the bird eat icecream off the ground.

• Visited October 2012