“Long wait” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Westlake, Ohio
“Long wait”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The Sunday morning I went, there was a long, long wait..a little over an hour. The food was average and the prices were a little more than I planned on spending. There arent to many breakfast places in the area so, based on the wait - I'm guessing they are priced for convenience.

Visited April 2014

Port Clinton, Ohio
“Local is better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Whenever traveling, we really try to visit local establishments & stay away from the big corporate places. Read reviews on TripAdvisor (among others) and found that we just needed to visit Grumpy's. Headed here before attending the Cleveland Intl Film Fest for the day. Staff is very friendly & accommodating. Love that they use fresh & local (whenever possible) ingredients. Nice family-owned business that we're more than happy to support. Will return again if in the area. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dayton, Ohio
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I will be stopping in here the next time I am in the area. Quiet family owned place with great food and very good pricing. Our meals came out just the way we wanted.

Visited June 2014
ohio
“Different is GOOD!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Made a trip to Cleveland specifically to visit Grumpy's after reading of it in a newspaper review. Was by no way disappointed. Trendy and hip yet very cozy and service was attentive. The Pumpkin pancakes and Jambalaya omelette , both served with Cajun homefries were delicious and the portions were huge. Definitely will be a favorite stop when in the Tremont area.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
United States
“Cute restaurant, great service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I really liked this quaint restaurant, with local artist works hanging on the walls, which can be purchased. The server we had was very attentive and polite. I had the potato pancakes topped with BBQ pork and cole slaw, my husband had the meatloaf dinner with mashed potatoes. First off I just want to say I eat very healthy and also low sodium but this dish sounded really good so I was splurging that night. Unfortunately this dish was extremely bland, really. The only flavor I could pickup was BBQ sauce. I thought maybe I'm coming down with a cold or something but I took a bite of my hubby's potatoes and could taste the butter and milk in them so it wasn't me. I was very disappointed with my meal but I didn't have the time to deal with sending it back and picking out something else, we had an event to be to in less than a hour. My husbands meatloaf was good except it was rock hard along one side. He couldn't even cut it with a knife and fork. I thought they might have put the slice on the flat top to give it a crust but there was no golden brown crust color. It was maybe freezer burn, not to sure but he couldn't eat the entire long side of his meatloaf. Mashed potatoes were real and delicious and they topped the dish off with homemade gravy, yum. We might go back for brunch only because the service was fantastic and the brunch reviews are very positive. Oh, I had a cup of homemade spilt pea soup and it was delicious, with lots of ham and potato chunks.

• Visited April 2014