“very clean hostel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Cleveland Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cleveland
The Cleveland Hostel
Save Saved
You added The Cleveland Hostel to your Saves list
2090 West 25th Street, Cleveland, OH 44113   |
lansing mi
“very clean hostel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Great location..very clean.Privite rooms also.We had a privite room.very basic but clean. Ohio city and market right there.Nice kitchen and rooftop.Prices are good also.We went to the indians game and just walked over the bridge (long) but took about 15 min. from the hostel.many great dining choices and brewpubs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I arrived late on a Friday night, and the front desk crew left a key for me in the lobby. The room was spartan as I expected, but it was large, comfortable, and more than I had expected. The thing that surprised me most was the level of cleanliness. It was hospital level clean. I had booked for 4 nights, and because of a family emergency, only stayed one. I paid $32 for the night I stayed, but lost the $82. deposit. I know that's how it works, but it would have been nice to have taken my one night out of the deposit. They profited nicely due to my bad luck. That said, I would stay there again. The view from my room on the third floor was fantastic, and only had to deal with a little bit of sidewalk noise from the 3:00AM partiers. Had I not been so tired, I would have joined them.

Room Tip: I never saw the shared dorm rooms, but the private room is very nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Not gonna lie. Never stayed in a Hostel before and was kind of worried after seeing the movie. LOL.

We stayed in 33. Private room. Private bath. We could not find any housing even close to this price. Three nights for about 260. Excellent!

Our room is clean, the bed is comfy, room is sparse but who cares. We aren't here to hang out in our room. We are here to explore. If you need a tv, don't stay here. There isn't one.

Front desk staff has been delightful and helpful. Parking is directly across the street at the end of a strip mall. And so far Ohio City has been delightful. A foodie/Beer lovers paradise for us.

Hostel is situated catty corner from the AWESOME West Side Market.

Truly could not have found a better place to stay. Feel safe here even though Ohio City is bordering on some clearly unsavory areas, so far, I have not felt unsafe at all.

Do yourself a favor and stay here.

Oh, NO ELEVATOR so if you don't like walking or cant walk, this is NOT a good place for you.

So, to recap, NO ELEVATOR and NO TV.

But awesome everything else!

Room Tip: 33 P/ Private bath
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We were staying at Columbus and decided to go to Cleveland without expectations but the city and the hostel surprised us , both amazing!!!! The kitchen is very big, the mattress is excellent! and the price is great! We are so happy!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Arrived late to the hostel on a Friday, so the staff provided the combination to the door via telephone. I departed on Saturday. The parking lot is near a shopping complex which seemed to have a bunch of low-end shops. Apart from this, I could not rave about this stay enough. From check-ins, to the rooms, the lobby decor, everything made you feel very comfortable. The price could also not be beat. It was a perfect walk to the rest of the locations in the Westside Market District, which added to the experience. It was truly a delight for a brief stay. The shower in the bathroom could have been cleaner, but this was not a major concern due to the brief nature of my stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Brampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Got to the hostel very late on Friday and left on Sunday. We had small hiccup with key which was mixed up with our neighbours but we managed to sort that out. The rooms were big for a hostel and the beds were comfortable. My friend and I had room 32 which was a 2 bed room. I will say we did not see much of our hosts at any time so it was hard to ask advise. Also I was surprised the hostel did not have any activities to get the guests together especially on a weekend. Beyond that it was an enjoyable weekend

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor will get a load of bleed through noise from the rooftop terrace.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

It pleased me immensely to learn that Cleveland had a hostel, but it made me even happier to find out that it was such a great hostel! The rooms and everything is clean, the kitchen and eating area is great, and the roof top deck is an awesome addition. It is right in Ohio City, a wonderfully walkable neighborhood with bars, breweries, West Side Market, and easy access to downtown. The were many little things well liked: chalkboard paint on eating area walls, doors made into tables, and other creative touches. If I have one complaint, it is that the kitchen needs to be a little better prepared, i.e. towels and coffee filters (they do provide coffee and coffee maker).
P.S. Sunset and sunrise from the rooftop deck are both nice experiences!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Cleveland Hostel? Share your experiences!