“I'm not a vegetarian, but I love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 1,673 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Vegan
Clevelan
“I'm not a vegetarian, but I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I am not a vegetarian, but the food here is excellent! It is unique, filling, and delicious. The natural sourcing, friendly staff, and convenient location make this a great lunch spot for me!

Visited November 2012

Waterloo, Canada
“Delicious vegan meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I scoped out this cafe prior to our visit to Cleveland from out of town. Advertised as one of the only vegetarian restaurants in the city, it was well worth the visit. We both had delicious vegan burgers. My husband enjoyed the black bean salsa as a side; however, neither of us were a fan of the Asian pasta salad (too bland). The burgers more than made up for an unsatisfying side.

The service was good, the price was reasonable, and it was right downtown. We would definitely visit again if we lived in the city.

• Visited March 2013
Lake Ariel
“Fantastic vegetarian/vegan cafe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food! The menu has a nice variety that should please almost everyone. The soup was outstanding. This is my new favorite place to eat in Cleveland.

Kissimmee
“Healthy food, excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We always thought this vegan restaurant was a smoothie shop based on the outside appearance. We stopped in on Valentine's Day and had an excellent four course meal for two for $35 including non-alcoholic drinks. Started with lettuce wraps with tempeh, green salads with delicious dressing, vegan "chicken" parmesan with pasta, and chocolate lava cake for dessert. While we were there, many people stopped in for bakery items- seems like the red velvet cupcakes were a big seller and for pizza. Small dining area but it was a nice visit. Highly recommended for vegetarians and vegans looking for more dining options.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Shaker Heights, Ohio
“YOU'RE IN FOR A TREAT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Ok, we have lived in Cleveland for 20 years (on and off) and thought we had experienced every really good restaurant in the area. Wow, what a surprise when I came a cross the name of a vegan (of all things) restaurant, The Flaming Ice Cube. My husband and I checked out the website...looked over the menu, and fell in LOVE with the idea of "compassionate" cuisine. So we thought we'd give it a try. WOW!! Everything here is homemade and GOOD! Here are the best things about this place: FANTASTIC VEGAN burgers, fabulous smoothies, and amazing side dishes!! We each had a vegan burger...mine with pesto, which was out of this world delicious, my husband had a plain vegan burger, also GREAT! Didn't have room to try all the appetizers, soups, pastas, pizzas, and desserts etc. etc, but we will definitely be back. Don't be shocked when you walk in the cafe...it's small, only about 8 tables. The waitress is also the cashier, and take out person. Just sit down and relax. The worst part of our experience: Had to trek downtown from the suburbs and pay $10 for parking since it street parting is almost nonexistent. Regardless, we LOVED the Flaming Ice Cube and know you will too. PS. We are not vegans.

• Visited January 2013