My husband is a patient at Cleveland Clinic and we have stayed at the Intercontinental at least 12 times over the past 1-1/2 yrs. It is definitely the place to stay if you are a patient/spouse, especially if you are there in the winter. You can park your car and never need it, as everything is connected by pedways from the 3rd floor of the hotel. Would not stay there if you are just visiting Cleveland, as it is not located in a good neighborhood and there is nothing to do nearby. Also, it is right in the middle of Cleveland Clinic. The staff always welcomes us and does their best to provide anything we need. Rooms are spacious and well appointed and we love the walk-in shower. We have learned to often avoid the hotel restaurants, tho, as they are expensive. They do offer room service, which is great when you are exhausted. There is an International cafeteria in the hospital,as well as 2 locations of AuBonPain, Starbucks, McDonalds, a Mexican "fast food" place and Subway. It is only a short drive to Little Italy and about a 20 minute drive to a nice shopping area and other restaurants. I agree with other complaints about the charge for internet. Seems like all "luxury hotels" are still getting by with this (disappointing). They do have 2 computers off the lobby that are available for email or to print a boarding pass. Some rooms "pick up" internet access from the clinic but many sites are blocked to keep employees from using computers to watch sports, tv shows, Skype, etc. All rooms have a mini bar that I wish they would convert to a refrigerator. Any item in there is outrageous and there is only one small spot for your use. If you join Priority Club, you always have a 2 pm check-out. We feel as tho it is our "second home" and will continue to stay there. It's about the next best thing to being in your own bedroom and I would highly recommend it to anyone go to the clinic. The convenience alone is well worth the $$$.
Tip: Buy a set of parking passes or pay $10 daily and park in one of the clinic garages if you are going to be there for a few days(one is connected to the hotel by pedway), as valet parking is $24/night.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Cleveland
- InterContinental Hotel Cleveland Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Cleveland is situated on the campus of the prestigious Cleveland Clinic, less than two kilometres (one mile) from the University Circle cultural and arts district. Legacy Village shopping and entertainment, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Progressive Field and the Historic Warehouse District are all within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Hotel Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.