“Great Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Rochester, New York
“Great Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My son and I stayed here Saturday night for a Cleveland Indians game. The location was great a short drive on the same road. The hotel was beautiful and very clean! The best smelling hotel I have ever stayed in. The room was large and very comfortable. Bathroom was awesome! When we came home from the game the people in the adjoining room were playing loud music and yelling. It was obviously a party. I called the front desk at 11:30 and spoke to Vanessa. She immediately took care of the issue and offered to move us to another room. By 12:00 my son and I were tucked into an even more spacious room on the executive floor....complete with a free breakfast. I was very impressed with the speed and the professional way that the situation was handled. Vanessa did a great job! I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone. I would give it 5 stars but I felt that the 24 dollar parking charge was a little steep. The parking service was great but tipping every time I got my car added up.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Sherice B, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Steve R,

We are extremely thrilled that you experienced great customer service from our staff, particularly from Vanessa. I will ensure your comments are shared with her. It is great to learn that you were pleased with the appearance, smell and layout of our facility as this is always our aim. Thank you so very much for your review and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Sherice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
glen ridge, nj
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We got a good deal on this hotel on hotwire, so we stayed here one night on the way to Chicago. The hotel is part of the Cleveland Clinic complex and is a bit isolated. Nonetheless, the lobby and restaurants are lovely, and the room was very spacious and well appointed. We had two beds, and the bed my wife and i were on had a pretty big divet in the middle, something i might expect at a Super 8 but not an Intercontinental. The other thing I found a bit annoying was there is no place to park your care. You have to valet. But then they charge you $24 for it. I don't mind paying for valet if it's my choice. But I would have been glad to park in the underground garage on my own. It's not like it's too far. Anyway, it was a good deal for me, but I would have been really miffed if I paid full price.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear martroon,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We very much appreciate your feedback. I am pleased that the lobby, restaurants and your room was to your liking. My apologies however for the issues you experienced while you stayed with us. Your feedback will enable us to take a closer look at such flaws and so again we appreciate your comments.

Thank you so much for your review.

Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We came up for the lake fr Columbus and this was a great experience! Room was very comfortable and tastefully decorated! Within a walkable distance to University Circle and an easy drive to downtown! We also accidentally ordered the wrong movie on demand called down to the desk and they removed the wrong charge for us! Overall a very relaxing time - only wish is there was a pool!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Bordese07,

Many thanks for staying with us and for taking some time to post a review. It is great to learn that your stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable. I am happy that you were pleased with the décor of our newly renovated guest rooms and that you found our location convenient for getting to the University Circle and Downtown.

Thank you again for staying with us. I hope you will visit again soon!

PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed at this hotel before an appointment at Cleveland Clinic. We previously stayed at the other InterContinental on Euclid which I think I would choose over this hotel if I came back. This hotel was a little fancier and has the bonus of an attached sky walk to the hospital so you don't have to go outside in bad weather. The hotel lobby is beautiful but freezing cold. Room service was fast and decent tasting. On the negative side - it's a little pricey and breakfast wasn't included. A buffet plus coffee with tip ran us $50 which is ridiculous. Table 45, one of the restaurants in the hotel, is also way overpriced. $14 for a plate of tomatoes that tasted disgusting.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sherice B, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear SueMpa,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking some time to post a review. we appreciate you highlighting some of the features of our hotel such as the skywalk to the Cleveland Clinic and the great service provided through Room Service. My apologies that you felt certain items were overpriced. We are constantly comparing the prices of our items with other such entities to ensure that we are competitively priced and so it is a little disappointing to hear that these were your sentiments.

I am pleased however, that overall you had a nice stay with us and again thanks so much for your review. We hope to host you again on a future visit to Cleveland so that we may provide you with a more valuable experience.

Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Must admit when the exit was closed off the highway to get to this hotel and the route took me through some "scenic" routes, I wondered what I might find. What I discovered was a gem of a hotel right next to the Cleveland Clinic, Museum of Art, and Case Western. The hotel staff was super nice, the accommodations were warm, and the room was very clean and comfortable. My only truly lament was the restaurant, Table 45. Food was okay, but service was below par for what I'd expect at a quality restaurant. Would consider staying here again, but would eat elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear JulesVerneJr,

Many thanks for your review and for deeming us a “Diamond of a Hotel”. That is quite an honor and we sincerely appreciate your kind comments.

We are extremely happy that you had a great experience with our staff and I will be sure to share your comments with them. It is also a great pleasure to learn that our accommodations were to your satisfaction. I must admit, it is a little disappointing to hear that service levels did not meet your expectations at our Table 45 Restaurant as this is not our standard and I do apologize. It is great to know that you would consider staying with us again but we hope to have the opportunity to sway your opinion of our Table 45 product on a second visit. Again, thank you very much for your review.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Had a stay with wife and family. It was clean and staff was very helpful. The room was bigger than expected, but would have liked for to have been vacuumed a little better and I don't think the air conditioning was accurate as it said. It stated it was 72 in the room, but I swear it was in the 80's easy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Sherice B, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear bristolsoxfan,

We truly appreciate you taking some time to share comments about your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very much valued.

It is great to know that you found our property clean, that our staff was helpful and that the size of your room was to your liking. It is disappointing though that you felt your room could have been vacuumed more closely and that you were having some issues with temperature control. I apologize on behalf of my team that this was your experience. On future stays we would love to hear of such issues right away so that we could work at a solution for you.

I am happy however that overall you had a nice stay with us and we thank you so very much for choosing the InterContinental Cleveland and for posting a review. We hope to have you back soon so that we may provide you with an even more memorable experience.

Yorktown, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Nice hotel! Had the Junior Suite and access to Club Floor on 14th floor. Room was very clean and comfortable. Club Room for hors d'oeuvres and breakfast was also very nice. Very easy access to appointments while at Cleveland Clinic. Stayed at the other Intercontinental hotel (Intercontinental Suites) and this one is much better and is physically attached to the hospital. Will stay here again if we need to return.

Room Tip: Junior Suite was nice! It is the farthest from the elevator at end of hallway if that matters.