I have recently stayed in the hotel for couple of days on PointBreakes award (5000 points a night, a real deal in the IHG scheme). The hotel location is either the best thing in the world (if you need to visit the Cleveland Clinic - the hotel is connected directly to the clinic through internal corridors and walkways), or the worst thing in the world (if you are a tourist to Cleveland). The hotel is situated on the public transport line though and 5$ metro day card will get you anywhere you want to go. You can buy it on almost any bus station using the machines. The hotel charge 24$ a day for parking - better option is to park across the street at the Cleveland Clinic Parking lot #2 for 10$ a day (but no in-outs).
Check-in was prompt and with a smile. As a Platinum IHG member I got 600 points back (even on award stay), an an upgrade to the "ambassador floor". I got exactly the room I have booked so I'm not sure what the upgrade was apart from a higher floor.
The room itself is exactly what you can expect from IC. Modern, comfortable, with plenty of outlets and storage space. The bathroom was large and specious with a shower and a tub.
The IC almost lived to the standard - couple of (what in other places would be minor) things had detracted from the stay - coming back the first day the room had not been cleaned at 3PM. It took couple of calls and almost an hour to get the room cleaned. (I assume it was the result of combining two reservation together, but still the repose should have been faster). In addition the vents in the bathroom need cleaning badly. There is a light in the closet on movement sensor that keeps turning on every time someone passes by.
All in all, it was a very pleasant stay. If I need to stay in the are again this would be one of my choices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Cleveland is situated on the campus of the prestigious Cleveland Clinic, less than two kilometres (one mile) from the University Circle cultural and arts district. Legacy Village shopping and entertainment, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Progressive Field and the Historic Warehouse District are all within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Hotel Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Cleveland
- InterContinental Hotel Cleveland Ohio