“Average” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Columbus, OH
“Average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Location of the hotel is great for Severance Hall or Case Western, but not great for downtown attractions unless you want to take a cab. The hotel is connected to the Cleveland Clinic, so it can be a blessing or a little depressing. Staff was attentive and there was a nice greeting. Room was extremely clean. The room was missing frequent guest amenities. We purchased Club Lounge access and we were very pleased. Antionette was on duty in the lounge and was supremely helpful in dispensing travel knowledge and knew everyone's names. She is a true asset to the property and has the grace and professionalism I wish I could find in more employees. Food was delicious in the lounge. We are on the fence as to whether we will return. It is certainly nicer than your average hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sherice B, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear ObanSkye,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. Our property is indeed close to Severance Hall and Case Western. We are operated by the Cleveland Clinic and as such this hotel is located on the Cleveland Clinic Campus and is connected to the main building via skyway for convenience to guests who have appointments at the Clinic. We are about 4 miles away from Downtown which is just about an 8-10 minute drive. There is also efficient transportation including taxi service as well as the RTA Health line which runs into Downtown. I hope you were made aware of such means and that your travels were not difficult.

I am happy that our staff was attentive and greeted you well and that your room was extremely clean. I do however apologize that you were missing amenities. In the future, please feel free to let our front desk know of any such issues so we can resolve them immediately. Thank you for highlighting the excellent service provided my Antoinette in the Club Lounge. I will be sure to share your feedback with her as well as the rest of our staff who made your stay comfortable.
We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a more than average experience the next time you visit Cleveland.

Sherice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Korean first
Springfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel is beautiful. Our room was very clean. All of the staff we met were excellent. We stayed on the Club level. Very private. We did not hear a sound all night....so quiet! It was very nice having the Club level dining and beverage area. View was great! The very best TLC was given by Manya in the Clubhouse. We would definitely return

Room Tip: Club level 14th floor
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Sherice B, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear SusanneRenee,

Thank you for giving our hotel an outstanding review. It is a great pleasure to learn that you experienced the high level of service we set out to provide. I will be sure to share your comments with Manya as well as all our staff. We look forward to hosting you and creating another wonderful experience for you the next time you visit.

Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The InterContinental is my absolute favorite hotel--anywhere! The beauty of the place, the ambience of every spot in it, and the over-the-top caring of the staff make it my go-to-place for business meetings in Cleveland all the time. So when I had the opportunity to bring my husband here for an overnight stay for his birthday, I jumped at the chance. When we arrived at about 1:30 in the afternoon on Easter Saturday, our beautiful deluxe room was ready--early. When we returned from a trip to see the sights in Cleveland, there was a bottle of wine, a cheese & fruit tray, and an assortment of the most divine chocolates on the planet waiting for our with congratulations and good wishes for our big occasion. Dinner at Table 45 was sublime: tortilla soup & arugula salad got our palates ready for the main course, the scallops melted in my mouth and the grouper with shrimp in a bouillabaisse sauce was a big hit with my husband. The wine, 14 Hands "Hot to Trot" was the perfect accompaniment suggested by our waiter, Brandon, and the aromatic & smooth coffee was the perfect finish with the Gianduja and Cappuccino Mocha Mousse Duo for dessert. To say our eyes were rolling back in our heads in pure delight would be putting it mildly! And although my husband is famous for never sleeping well the first night in any hotel, he slept like a baby in the sumptuous bed--as did I-- we both woke refreshed, and wishing we could spend the week here. After a lovely room service breakfast of omelettes & coffee (and those perfect little croissants), we were very sad to leave. We can't wait to find another reason to stay at the InterContinental again--this time for more than one night! From the welcoming valet captains who greet you as you arrive and send you on your way, to the gracious and helpful front desk staff, to the friendly & knowledgeable servers in Table 45 and the North Coast Case, to every hotel employee you meet--even on the phone-- these are the caring and professional people who made us wish we could wake up here every day. The InterContinental has our highest recommendation as THE place to stay in Cleveland--even if it's not for the tremendous support and care they're famous for to people from all over the globe who are here with their loved ones for the Cleveland Clinic. Those of us who simply appreciate world-class service and gracious hospitality will find a "home away from home" that you might not want to leave.

Room Tip: Our deluxe room on the 11th floor (1106) was quiet and luxurious.
Green Features: We felt totally nourished in this environment! Clearly the InterContinental Hotel Cleveland's environmentally friendly practices contribute mightily to this.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sherice B, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Maia B,

We thank you so much for writing us such a wonderful review! There is nothing more satisfying than to hear that we have provided the product and level of service that we set out to provide. It is a great joy to realize that we have met your expectations on every level possible and we would love to continue to create memorable experiences for you whether it is for your usual business travel or for another special occasion as you had recently.

We value you and we are happy we can be your “home away from home”. I will sure share your wonderful remarks with all our staff so they may see just how their professionalism and great service makes a difference in the lives we touch.

Thank you for deeming us “THE” place to stay in Cleveland. We look forward to taking care of you the next time you visit us!

Barrington, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We have been going to the Intercontinental for six years for medical reasons. It is like going home we are loved and taken care of as if we are truly family!!! I have traveled extensively and the hotel staff here lead by Bertrand,Tom,Antoinette,Monica,Manya,REx and all the men who greet you at the entrance to the hotel are wonderful!! The club level with those marvelous ladies I consider true friends! We have met several hundred staff members and they all are terrific. Noone wants to be away from their own family but they make this journey a better one by their love and commitment and work ethic.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Ellen Ann H,

Thank you so much for your feedback and your loyalty to the Intercontinental family. We aim to provide that home away from home feel in an effort to create ease and peace of mind for our guests. As such hearing that our hotel feels like home to you makes us very happy and very proud. We have a wonderful team at the hotel and I thank you for pointing out a few who made your stay memorable. I will for sure share your wonderful comments with our staff.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you on your next visit to Cleveland.

ncbeachlover5
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed at this hotel last week for my daughter's surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. We started at the Suites Hotel, which was what we had originally booked for the week, but had to move after one night. The rooms there were fine, the staff pleasant, but the heat situation was unbearable. Their two pipe heating/cooling method did not work for us. The front desk at the Suites Hotel and the Intercontinental were so helpful in switching our reservations over. We were able to get a room on the club floor, which was considerably more expensive but well worth the extra cost! The room has just been renovated and was clean, comfortable and cool. The rooms were very quiet from the other guests and the staff were very mindful of the "Do not disturb sign" on the door. The only thing I should note is the noise of the helicopters landing at the clinic, which I don't think you can fault as this is a hospital. Perhaps a room on the other side may not have been as loud.

The convenience of this hotel to the hospital is a key point. You never have to walk outside to get to any of the buildings. The morning of her surgery we walked over to the surgical center thru the skyways. That evening we walked to her hospital room thru the skyways. The clinic itself has everything you can imagine and all steps away from the hotel. There is a food court in the clinic with a Subway, McDonalds, Au Bon Pain, and Starbucks. However, you don't even need to leave the club floor to eat if didn't want to. Breakfast in the lounge was delicious with eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, yogurt, fruit, toast, pastries. The afternoon tea was also delicious with finger sandwiches and pecan scones. And, the evening cocktail hour a perfect retreat from the hustle and bustle of the hospital. There were always a number of choices of food, including vegetarian options. I had dinner there twice and was more than full when I left. The staff in the club were wonderful. Antionette made us feel at home and sent the most positive messages/vibes to my daughter the day before surgery. She even had a card waiting for her wishing her luck. We were on 14, the same floor as the club and it was so nice to have a place to go when my daughter was released and wanted to rest in the room. I knew I was on the same floor, just down the hall. I could read the paper, make phone calls and not disturb her.

We were told that we could travel earlier than anticipated. We had booked the room for the week, but the hotel let us check out early with no penalty. I hope our only visit back to the Cleveland Clinic is for her follow up and we will stay at the Intercontinental again. But, I would definitely recommend it to families of loved ones staying at the hospital. I need to mention before I close this review a few people who made our stay extra special: Anntoinette in the club for making us feel at home. Helene at the front desk who helped us in transitioning hotels and made sure all was perfect in the room. And, her sister at the Suites hotel, Lynnea, who also made the transition between hotels effortless.
I could not have been more pleased with the hotel, our stay or our experience at the Intercontinental!

Room Tip: We were had room 1424 the same side of the hospital as the helicopter landing pad, a room on the oth...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Ncbeachlover5,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay at our hotels. I am happy you found the rooms and the staff at the Suites Hotel to your liking. However I am disheartened that you found our heating/cooling system unfavorable.

It is good to know that you had a smooth transition to our Conference Center Hotel and that you had such a fantastic experience on the club floor. I will be sure to share your wonderful remarks with Antoinette, Lynnea and Helene as well as the rest of our staff at both our hotels.

Our aim is always to provide a comfortable and hassle free experience for our guests while providing excellent customer service and I am happy we were able to provide this for you and your daughter. I am also pleased that our location and accessibility to the Cleveland Clinic via skyway was convenient for you.

If you do venture to Cleveland for a follow-up at the Clinic we hope to have the opportunity to provide you with the same level of service you recently experienced with us. Again, thank you so much for your wonderful remarks!

Peachtree City, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Hello,
As my 10th trip to the Cleveland Clinic with different family members, I must send congratulations on the recent room renovation and soft goods update. All wonderful, fresh improvments.

In addition, 1000 thanks to the Ladies at the Club: Antoinette~ Manya~ Monica. Talking about giving Hugs of Hospitality each and every visit. I have no idea how they remember so many patient with your personal likes/dislikes; but it certainly was not just for my family. Many Guest/Patients are very far from home. To have such wonderful service / concern and repeat attention makes a hospital visit the best experience it could possibly be.
Gratefully yours,
~Barbara Fishman/Atlanta, GA/USA

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Sherice B, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Barbara F,

Firstly, I would like to say thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. I hope we have been able to provide you with consistently great service every time you visit. Also, thank you for recognizing our staff especially Antoinette, Manya and Monica. I will sure share your comments with them.

We look forward to providing you with the same excellent five star service you have recently experienced the next time you come to Cleveland.

Stony Brook, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

While I believe most people aren't staying at the Intercontinental Cleveland for a vacation, I do believe, like myself, we are probably on business or there for a hospital stay. Mine was a hospital stay. They put me in a room which had major construction above my head starting at 7:30 a.m. in the morning. I was only getting in from the hospital at about 7:30 a.m. after caring for a sick child and needed to sleep. I was never told that I would have construction above my head if I took that room. I complained and they said no more rooms were currently available.

Room Tip: Ask where they aren't having construction since the hotel is going through major renovations.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Sherice B, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Margaret D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. You are correct in saying that many of our guests are patients of the Cleveland Clinic as well as business travelers.

We are currently in the end phase of our guestroom renovations and as such that would account for the construction noises you heard. However, you should have been made aware and for that I sincerely apologize.

If you do have to come back to Cleveland in the future, please allow us to provide a much more pleasant and memorable stay for you in one of our renovated rooms.

Again, Thank You for review and I apologize that you had to experience those issues of noise.

ShericeB

Been to InterContinental Hotel Cleveland? Share your experiences!