“Right At Cleveland Clinic” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Louisville, Kentucky
“Right At Cleveland Clinic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

If you are visiting Cleveland Clinic, this is the best option for you. A nice hotel right in the middle of the Clinic facilities. Most of the guests seem to be visiting the Clinic. If you don't have any business with the Cleveland Clinic, this is somewhat away from rest of the activity in Cleveland, and may not be your best option. The hotel is well maintained, and for my stay, I did not find the concerns raised by some other reviewers.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ExecutiveOffice_AS, Administrative Assistant at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear dadoc001,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Executive Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We loved our stay here. Our room was spacious. Everything was very clean. The mornings were very enjoyable with breakfast in the club lounge. Manya was very attentive. She made sure that everything was taken care of. Thank you Manya!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear lexibaby6,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We appreciate your wonderful remarks regarding the service you received from Manya, we will pass on your kind words to her. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Jekyll Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

our 1st room was filthy! White coverlet/sheet on bed was dirty, carpet looked as if it had poop stains! Management moved us to an other floor. That room was some better. Will never stay here again!!!! Only upside is the fact that it is a part of the Cleveland Clinic.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ExecutiveOffice_AS, Administrative Assistant at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear JekyllGal,

Thank you very much for letting us know your thoughts regarding your stay with us. It is only with guest feedback that we’re able to provide superior guest service worthy of our AAA Four Diamond designation. With that said, our management team would like to discuss your comments with you personally. Please email me at ashley.sewell@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed there also 3 years ago and it was a nightmare, but this time and last time we didn’t have a choice because my mom was in the hospital.
The night that we arrived, I opened the bed and it was full of blood! I swear all the sheets with blood, but since we traveled 8 hours to get there I didn’t call so I slept on the other bed.
The next day in the morning I went told the guy from de Reception and he apologized and told me that its going to be fixed that day.
I came back at night, and the bed was the same!! They didn’t change anything, not even the towels, or sheets, anything!
I called again and someone from Housekeeping came and told me that someone else supposed to make that room, and then the Housekeeping Manager came into my room and those 2 started to fight.
My room telephone never worked, it was disconnected at all.
And since the first day I left a coffee cup empty, they never washed it o changed it.
Is the worst Hotel I stayed in my whole life...please dont go unless you like to sleep with blood.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ExecutiveOffice_AS, Administrative Assistant at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear RaquiKamkhaji,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the InterContinental Hotel Cleveland. As you have already spoken with our Executive Housekeeper, I am disappointed that despite our efforts we could not resolve your issues prior to your post. We take great pride in our guest satisfaction, and I am saddened you left so discontented. None of the events you have described are up to InterContinental standards, and I sincerely regret that this past visit has ruined your impression of our hotel and staff.

I hope that you would give us an opportunity to readdress the matter by contacting the hotel directly so that we can better assist you. While you stated your intention not to return, I hope you will reconsider and give us the chance to change your impression of our hotel. I am confident if you returned you would have a more memorable and favorable visit.

Warm regards,
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed at the Intercontinental for 2 days while visiting the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Very modern and large hotel with all the conveniences - restaurants, gym, pool, etc. The staff were very accommodating and nice.

It is located right next to Cleveland clinic. There is not much around the hotel in terms of restaurants, etc. However, the quality of food at the hotel's restaurant was the equivalent that you would get at a top restaurant. Excellent breakfast and dinner.

You can take limo/taxi service from hotel to downtown Cleveland where the R&R Hall of Fame is located. However, it was pricey so instead took our own car. Hotel parking fee is pricey.

Room Tip: Inform front desk if you plan to use the mini bar to store your own items. I understand that it uses...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear lluvHoratio,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback of our property while visiting the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. We take great pride in preparing world-class cuisine using high quality, fresh ingredients and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience.

Your post mentions a pool at our facility and I just want to point out for other readers that we unfortunately do not have a pool on-site but guests have access to the pool at the Cleveland Clinic’s W.O. Walker Center.

We look forward to serving you again soon on your next visit to Cleveland!

Kind regards,
New York City, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Spent two nights here while attending a college alumni event. I usually don't stay in Downtown Cleveland since it's a good hour from Oberlin, where I was attending meetings, but my husband wanted to see the Museum and spend some time in the city. We found the hotel very nice overall. The front desk upgraded us to a club level room at check in, which was unexpected and very well appreciated. The club room had some nice snacks and a good breakfast. The desk staff in the club room could not have been kinder. The room was spacious, comfortable, and plush, with a great TV and a fantastic bathroom. The furniture is a bit scuffed and there is wear and tear in more than a few places. Housekeeping was prompt but the room never felt totally clean. This is a heavily trafficked hotel adjacent to the Cleveland clinic in a rather deserted part of town. The hotel is big, but never felt crowded despite hosting a convention while we were there. If you have a car, use the parking lot across the street (up to $10 daily) and skip the valet. Cabs are hard to find there and the dispatcher at the driveway wasn't able to get us one, and ended up offering us the house limo, at a price we didn't want to pay so we just called one ourselves.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ExecutiveOffice_AS, Administrative Assistant at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear STYLEONTHEGO,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Hotel Cleveland. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It is always nice to have the opportunity to treat our guests to a complimentary upgrade and we’re glad that you were pleasantly surprised. We do apologize for your disappointment with the housekeeping service and that you felt the furniture was worn. Beginning this November, all of our guestrooms will be renovated and we would love to show you what we've done! We look forward to seeing you soon.

San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Excellent. Manya and all the people working in the concierge floor are wonderful. I'm a visiting physician at the Cleveland Clinic, and I can highly recommend this hotel. The facility is great, and the friendly service is wonderful!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ExecutiveOffice_AS, Administrative Assistant at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear PaulDavidSanJose_CA,

It's wonderful to hear that you had an excellent stay at the InterContinental Cleveland, thank you for sharing your experience! Your accolades will be shared with our Club Floor staff. We look forward to having the pleasure to serve you again soon.

Executive Office

Been to InterContinental Hotel Cleveland? Share your experiences!