“Conference” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Conference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was there for a conference two weeks ago. Very close to the Cleveland Clinic. They had a few restaurants which had ok food. The service was ok, nothing to boast about. Bed was fantastic, had good night sleep. Large bathroom. Check in and check out was easy. The sad part was there was no store around to buy anything, not even to buy water.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Buggsie1221,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate and value all of our guests opinions and use them to make improvements to the services we provide.

Business Travel Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Korean first
Pasadena, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last week for one night. While the room was nicely appointed, the room was a bit worn out. There were stains on the carpeting both in the room and in the hall ways. The bigger issue surrounded a security incident which was totally ignored by the hotel staff. I was working in my room the morning after my arrival at around 7:30 am when my door opened to my surprise. At first I thought it was the housekeeper (even though there was no knock). Instead it was a man (unknown) that thought he was checking into the room. I immediately notified the front desk and asked for the manager. The front desk staff said the mgr was in the hotel and they would have him contact me. He never did. I stopped down by the desk twice and tried to find the manager. He was never located. I even gave them my cell phone number. He never called. This is simply not acceptable.

Room Tip: Keep your door dead bolted
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Gordonm1,

Thank you for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention. I have requested that one of the front desk managers reaches out to contact you directly.

Again, I sincerely apologize this instance occured.
Regards,
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I visited Cleveland for appointments at the Cleveland Clinic. The Intercontinental couldn't be more convenient. We got off to a rough start as I was told when I made the reservation that I would have a suite on the Club level. I asked several times for the reservationist to confirm this as I questioned the wording of the room description. She checked with a supervisor and assured me I had reserved a Club suite. When we checked in, we were told that the room was not a Club room and to upgrade would cost $79 per night. After a lengthy negotiation and our threat to go elsewhere, the front desk manager honored their commitment for the Club room at no additional charge.
Although I had insisted on the Club level, the Club itself was disappointing. Items at breakfast were stale and cold; afternoon tea sandwiches were dried out and the variety was uninspired.. Certainly not worth the proposed $79 upgrade.
The room itself was very nice. Comfortable with a broad view of the city. Housekeeping was inconsistent, replenishing towels and toiletries sporatically.
Overall, the hotel has some tweaking, particularly in the food area, to earn its 4 stars.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear JoyceK,

We apologize that your stay was less than what you expected. I have shared your comments with our managers to discuss providing better service to our guests. Thank you for sharing your comments and we hope that you will choose to stay with us again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I had a very positive service experience at this hotel. I woke up feeling very dry after traveling and, at 6:30 AM, Stacey Doberdruk at the front desk opened the gift shop for me so that I could get some Chapstick and eye drops. It was really an example of above-and-beyond customer service--this hotel has earned my loyalty!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Laughalot135,

Thank you for the wonderful comments! Stacey has been recognized for her outstanding service.

Sincerey,
Centerville, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you are going to Cleveland Clinic and you can afford to stay here, just do it! This is by far the best place to stay for Cleveland Clinic visitors. They have a special Clinic rate, but the place is a lot more than other hotels that also court Clinic visitors. You definitely get what you pay for. We stayed on the concierge floor. Great for winding down in the evening. Unlimited wine and top shelf cocktails. Gourmet snacks.

Room Tip: Ask for specials at the desk. Concierge floor is worth the splurge.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sheila O,

We value and appreciate the comments we receive from our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share yours.

We are pleased you enjoyed the hotel and our Club Floor.

Larchmont, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend for personal reasons. We purchased our rooms through Priceline and saved quite a bit of money. Check in was a little difficult but once we got it all straightened out, everything was fine. I do want to say that this hotel only has king sized beds or two twin beds. There are no double queen rooms.

Our room was a handicapped room, although we did not need it. It was very nice and large for a hotel room. The bathroom was quite spacious. My son had a regular room and his room and bathroom was also spacious. It was fairly clean except it was in need of a little dusting on the bedside tables.
The towels and sheets were very scratchy. They were some of the worst I have ever seen. I love the lemon verbena shampoo, conditioner & soap. Great scent!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Every time we returned to the hotel, we were greeted warmly. The valet staff was very friendly and it did not take long at all to get our car. The Head Bellman was very friendly and helped us with our luggage when leaving.

We ate breakfast at the hotel both mornings. They offer a really nice breakfast buffet that had most everything on it. The only things it did not have was waffles, pancakes or french toast which was fine with us because they are usually soggy on a buffet. You could order these items off the menu if you wanted to. The buffet had fresh fruit, homemade breads, yogurt, granola, oatmeal, eggs or omelets made fresh in front of you, bacon, sausage, a smoothie of the day, potatoes, etc.

I especially would like to give high praises to the man who cooked the eggs and omelets. He did a super job and was so nice and friendly and enthusiastic. He would even bring your food to your table so you didn't have to wait. Our server was terrific too.

If it were not for the awful towels and sheets, I would give this an excellent rating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear sbcommish,

We are greatful to have been a part of your weekend stay. Thank you for sharing your comments as we use them for improving our services and amenities.

We hope to have you as our guest again.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I'm mostly a Marriott person. Their beds are comfortable, staff professional, and they are consistent. This week I stayed at the Intercontinental. This was by far the most comfortable place to stay. The staff is exceptional, and the restaurant in the hotel is good. It's less expensive than the Marriott, and the shampoo bottle on the room was 4 times bigger than the Marriott. I forgot that this hotel is part of Priority Club. Highest recommendation. ★★★★

• Stayed April 2013

Been to InterContinental Hotel Cleveland? Share your experiences!