“Comfy and Luxurious” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Youngstown, OH
“Comfy and Luxurious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Good hotel and convenient if you are going to Cleveland Clinic. Rooms were big and inviting. The bathroom was huge compared to most hotel bathrooms, I liked the separate shower and tub. The bed was very comfortable and staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint was that I thought there was a continental breakfast when I booked the room, only to find out later that breakfast is included only on certain floors. For the price of a room, a continental breakfast should be included regardless of what floor you are on. I would recommend going to Table 45 for happy hour, good deals on food and drinks, after happy hour a little too pricey. Overall, still enjoyed my stay,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear CJ_Ytown,

Thank you for being a recent guest of the hotel and taking the time to share your experiences. We review all the comments and we certainly apologize for any confusion regarding the continental breafkast offered on the Club Level Floors. We look forward to your next visit to the hotel.

Regards,
Business Travel Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Good hotel & great location if you need to go to Cleveland Clinic. Very nice rooms most of them although some rooms have smaller bathrooms. Highly recommend to stay 14th floor which includes breakfast, snacks & drinks. Good Beds and Pillows and excellent TV entertainment. Taxis are hard to find but they have a good Limo Service. Excellent Restaurant. They charge nightly parking for guests. Bit Costlly for long stays but worth it. Any shopping or dinning out of the hotel is 15 to 20 min away.

Room Tip: Highly recommend to stay 14th floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Fred_1000_R,

We are happy you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and our restaurant. Thank you for sharing your "Tip" of staying on the 14th Floor. We look forward to having you as our guest again should you need to travel to Cleveland.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My first impression of the hotel was "sparse", but it turned out to be a beautiful hotel. It was quiet and the staff was friendly. The room was *very* nice and comfortable. We had a room right next to the elevators, but I never heard any noise from them. The amenities in the room were very nice; little details such as a close-up makeup (or shaving) mirror, q-tips and cotton balls, and even a sewing kit gave the room a welcoming touch. My favorite feature was the window that opened to bring in fresh air. I liked that there were two different restaurants onsite, but was disappointed when one of them was closed (for renovations, I guess).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear charitytraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your luxurious stay. I apologize the North Coast Cafe was closed during your visit for renovations. North Coast Cafe has re-opened and is now offering so many wonderful new options, such as a breakfast bar with omelet station, a newer sleek buffet area and dessert buffet. In an effort to be more green friendly, the restaurant also offers Nexus 7 Mini Tablets for our guests to access over 3,000 different newspapers from around the world.

We hope you will be able to return soon and dine in the restaurant. Be sure to make a reservation using Open Table.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I went her on a business trip and was very happy with my stay. When we arrived I was upgraded to the club level and was able to take advantage of the club lounge which provided breakfast in the morning and even drinks in the evening.

The room was very comfortable and large enough to work in. I had dinner at Table 45 several times during my stay and was not disappointed with the food. The staff was very accommodating and the place is connected to the Cleveland Clinic which made my stay very convenient. I will not think twice about staying here again.

Dear tcruz914,

We value and appreciate the comments you have shared with everyone. Thank you and we look forward to having you as our guest again.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Without trying to offend the good people of Cleveland, why would you go there in the dead of winter unless you had to. If you had to, it was probably for health reasons or business. In either case, you would not go wrong with this hotel. Good, clean rooms and fantastic staff.

I highly recommend staying on the executive floor. If there is a bit of a ding, it would be for the restaurant food. On the executive level, the food and beverages are generally as good as the restaurant food and you will save a ton of money. Actually Antoinette and the other overseers of the executive floor are worth the additional price, even if they didn't serve food. She in particular has the ability to remember you from long past visits and the unique ability to make you feel so very welcome under almost any circumstances.

Room Tip: Pay for the executive level.
Dear ArCDawg,

Thank you for being our guest recently and sharing your experiences with everyone. Our Club Lounge attendants, including Antoinette are very good at making everyone feel welcome and I thank you for recognizing her.

We look forward to having you as our guest again should you travel to Cleveland.
clearwater
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

First of all, we were supposed to stay at the InterContinental Hotel & Suites. But, they overbooked the hotel and upgraded us to the Conference Center. Our first impression of the hotel was great. The staff seemed nice and the room was nice and looked clean. The next morning we discovered hair in the shower before we even used it. They must be short staffed in that department because housekeeping didn't come around to clean our room until 5:00 pm the next day; we didn't even bother at that point. The beds were comfortable, but for an expensive hotel, the sheets were very low quality.
The day before we were leaving I asked the reception clerk about getting transportation to the airport and she told me that they have a service from the hotel for $40 and directed me to the bellhop station. He took my name and room number and said everything was all set for the next day. I called in the morning to have the car take us 15 minutes earlier than I originally scheduled and they said I wasn't even on the schedule. What?!! I couldn't believe it. But, they said they would have a car available, though. So, when I checked out I asked about the payment for the car service and I was told that it would be put on the credit card i used to check in. The driver was great and got us to the airport without any problem. However, he was told to collect $44 from me. First of all, I was told $40 not $44 and it was supposed to go on my credit card, now they wanted cash! The customer service at this hotel sucked! I guess unless you have executive level status you won't get correct information, they won't clean your room and they will forget that they scheduled you for a ride to the airport. The only good experience we had at this hotel was the room service. The food was great and the servers were polite, friendly and on time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear lynn t,

We understand your recent trip to the hotel was an inconvenience to you and your daughter and we apologize for all the issues you have mentioned in your comments. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We will address the confusion with the cost and process for the car service to the airport.

Turnhout, Antwerpen, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was there just 2 nights for business. It is in an excellent location for those who have business (lecture, conferences and others) with the clinic and with the university there or for those who are patients at Cleveland Clinic. The hotel room is very clean and well organized and very comfortable. Free internet is also very useful for business people. The restaurants serve good quality food with reasonable prize and good service. It is directly connected to the clinic with "Skyway" corridor, so, you do not need to walk outside during cold winter.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Aye M,

Thank you for being a recent guest and taking time to share your positive experiences. We certainly appreciate the feedback and welcome your next trip to Cleveland.

Business Travel Sales Manager

Been to InterContinental Hotel Cleveland? Share your experiences!