“luxurious” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cleveland, Ohio
“luxurious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My first impression of the hotel was "sparse", but it turned out to be a beautiful hotel. It was quiet and the staff was friendly. The room was *very* nice and comfortable. We had a room right next to the elevators, but I never heard any noise from them. The amenities in the room were very nice; little details such as a close-up makeup (or shaving) mirror, q-tips and cotton balls, and even a sewing kit gave the room a welcoming touch. My favorite feature was the window that opened to bring in fresh air. I liked that there were two different restaurants onsite, but was disappointed when one of them was closed (for renovations, I guess).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear charitytraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your luxurious stay. I apologize the North Coast Cafe was closed during your visit for renovations. North Coast Cafe has re-opened and is now offering so many wonderful new options, such as a breakfast bar with omelet station, a newer sleek buffet area and dessert buffet. In an effort to be more green friendly, the restaurant also offers Nexus 7 Mini Tablets for our guests to access over 3,000 different newspapers from around the world.

We hope you will be able to return soon and dine in the restaurant. Be sure to make a reservation using Open Table.

Business Travel Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I went her on a business trip and was very happy with my stay. When we arrived I was upgraded to the club level and was able to take advantage of the club lounge which provided breakfast in the morning and even drinks in the evening.

The room was very comfortable and large enough to work in. I had dinner at Table 45 several times during my stay and was not disappointed with the food. The staff was very accommodating and the place is connected to the Cleveland Clinic which made my stay very convenient. I will not think twice about staying here again.

Dear tcruz914,

We value and appreciate the comments you have shared with everyone. Thank you and we look forward to having you as our guest again.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Without trying to offend the good people of Cleveland, why would you go there in the dead of winter unless you had to. If you had to, it was probably for health reasons or business. In either case, you would not go wrong with this hotel. Good, clean rooms and fantastic staff.

I highly recommend staying on the executive floor. If there is a bit of a ding, it would be for the restaurant food. On the executive level, the food and beverages are generally as good as the restaurant food and you will save a ton of money. Actually Antoinette and the other overseers of the executive floor are worth the additional price, even if they didn't serve food. She in particular has the ability to remember you from long past visits and the unique ability to make you feel so very welcome under almost any circumstances.

Room Tip: Pay for the executive level.
Dear ArCDawg,

Thank you for being our guest recently and sharing your experiences with everyone. Our Club Lounge attendants, including Antoinette are very good at making everyone feel welcome and I thank you for recognizing her.

We look forward to having you as our guest again should you travel to Cleveland.
clearwater
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

First of all, we were supposed to stay at the InterContinental Hotel & Suites. But, they overbooked the hotel and upgraded us to the Conference Center. Our first impression of the hotel was great. The staff seemed nice and the room was nice and looked clean. The next morning we discovered hair in the shower before we even used it. They must be short staffed in that department because housekeeping didn't come around to clean our room until 5:00 pm the next day; we didn't even bother at that point. The beds were comfortable, but for an expensive hotel, the sheets were very low quality.
The day before we were leaving I asked the reception clerk about getting transportation to the airport and she told me that they have a service from the hotel for $40 and directed me to the bellhop station. He took my name and room number and said everything was all set for the next day. I called in the morning to have the car take us 15 minutes earlier than I originally scheduled and they said I wasn't even on the schedule. What?!! I couldn't believe it. But, they said they would have a car available, though. So, when I checked out I asked about the payment for the car service and I was told that it would be put on the credit card i used to check in. The driver was great and got us to the airport without any problem. However, he was told to collect $44 from me. First of all, I was told $40 not $44 and it was supposed to go on my credit card, now they wanted cash! The customer service at this hotel sucked! I guess unless you have executive level status you won't get correct information, they won't clean your room and they will forget that they scheduled you for a ride to the airport. The only good experience we had at this hotel was the room service. The food was great and the servers were polite, friendly and on time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear lynn t,

We understand your recent trip to the hotel was an inconvenience to you and your daughter and we apologize for all the issues you have mentioned in your comments. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We will address the confusion with the cost and process for the car service to the airport.

Turnhout, Antwerpen, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was there just 2 nights for business. It is in an excellent location for those who have business (lecture, conferences and others) with the clinic and with the university there or for those who are patients at Cleveland Clinic. The hotel room is very clean and well organized and very comfortable. Free internet is also very useful for business people. The restaurants serve good quality food with reasonable prize and good service. It is directly connected to the clinic with "Skyway" corridor, so, you do not need to walk outside during cold winter.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Aye M,

Thank you for being a recent guest and taking time to share your positive experiences. We certainly appreciate the feedback and welcome your next trip to Cleveland.

detroit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Our reason for choosing this hotel is purely out of convenience. We had to visit a relative who was hospitalized at the Cleveland Clinic. When I found out this hotel was literally right next to CC, and had a skyway passage from the hotel to the hospital, I was sold. Like others have said, it's ridiculously convenient to visit the hospital from this hotel. Made our reservation online the night before our arrival. Arrived about 2 hours before check in, took a chance and found our room was ready so we were registered and checked in quickly. Had a room on the 11th floor. Very nice, elegant really. The bathroom was phenomenal, the bed was beautiful, comfy, furniture appropriate, view was great. Had a refrigerator, but no microwave. Fine if you're only there one night but if you have leftovers from dinner, no way to warm them up - small inconvenience. Lots of offers of assistance from staff, bellmen, housekeeping. Valet parking is $24 added to your bill. You really don't need your car as the hospital is right there. Ordered room service, only took about 35 minutes. The gentleman who delivered it was super nice, set up the table for us and everything. The food was really good. Would've spent the same amount had we found a nice restaurant nearby. We needed to check out but still visit our relative so we stored our luggage, coats, bags with the bellman after we checked out. He was a very delightful, pleasant and accommodating gentleman. When it was time to go home, he summoned our car, retrieved our belongings and helped us like we were celebrities. If I ever find myself having to go to the CC again, I will 100% most definitely book a room at this hotel again and recommend it highly. If you are there to visit the CC, wear comfy walking shoes - that place is HUGE and you will do a lot of walking to get around the hospital.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear lilyofthevalley4,

Thank you for staying at the InterContinental Hotel and sharing your wonderful comments with us. I have shared your comments with the employees and congratulated them on making you feel like celebrities.

We look forward to your next trip to Cleveland.
Peachtree City, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My family are repeat patients at the Cleveland Clinic. Love the convenient, attached skywalk to the clinic and the Club Level service/food. When you are on the run for Clinic appointments, the 3 food presentations are convenient and delicious. The Staff on Club keep the food presentations stocked and the best part are the "hugs of hospitality/concern" that the staff gives. They know many Guests may be staying alone and are a long ways from home.Our family is always greeted with a hug and "Welcome back". If you enjoy a lawn view; ask for the rooms on the "lake side". Club level Guest rooms seem a little nicer than the non-club rooms in terms of furniture, bath amenities and well worth the extra cost.
If you have to be a patient at the Cleveland Clinic, the Intercontinental Hotel staff from the moment that you pull up to the front door; all make you feel welcomed and comfortable, as if you were at a resort setting.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Barbara F,

Thank you for being loyal guests of the InterContinental. Your genuine comments regarding the Club Level attendants are recognized and have been shared with everyone.

Again thank you.
Business Travel Sales Manager

Been to InterContinental Hotel Cleveland? Share your experiences!