“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Canaan, Connecticut
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We went to Cleveland for the first time to attend a concert at Severance Hall.Knowing nothing about the area I listened to the suggestion of the employee at the ticket office when ordering my tickets and then went about making reservations. One warning; be very specific as there are two InterContinentals and you may get booked as I did in the wrong location.After a bit of verbal wrestling I managed to book the correct location. Absolutely loosen your wallets for the concierge level. My room fantastic,service perfect, and more food, beverages and treats than desired.The hotel has a car service available which we used and our only complaint was getting stuck waiting at Severance Hall because they neglected to tell us 11pm was their last service run.
Overall a memorable stay and I will seek out InterContinental Hotels for future bookings.

Room Tip: Concierge level a must.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Korean first
Livonia, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Came in for one night stay in order to attend a surgical conference @ the Cleveland Clinic. The hotel was a preferred site as it was on location. 9 pm check in - one person. Saturday morning - there is no water - none! No shower, restroom, no teeth brushing! Had to leave - could not wait for the water to come on. My wife went to the front desk clerk - (again, it is a Saturday morning - one clerk - a waiting line, finally a second clerk @ 10 am), spoke with the management. No, they will not adjust my half of the bill. They can only adjust the cost of breakfast (well, 1/2 of grapefruit was $6.00, a cup of coffee - $3.95, the breakfast bar @ $18.00 had no on-the spot food preparation, such as omelet to order). There was no concierge for any guidance in touring the city - and the front desk clerk got into an argument with my wife about the quality of life in my city of origin. OMG! Never again! - no wonder that my cardiologist brother suggested that I stay in the suburbs -as he does when coming in for conferences!! And as I will do from now on. And please, change the carpets - there were red lines where some furniture was removed, the lounger was worn, faded and sad that its' footrest did not match. Would have been nice to have a coffeemaker - but, of course, in my case it would not have mattered - NO WATER!!!! oh, well - a disappointment to say the least!!!

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went to Cleveland for business this October stayed at the Intercontinental. This hotel is perfectly located if you are doing business in all around Cleveland Clinic Hospital, there is actually a connection to the skywalk in the hotels 3rd floor, I got upgraded to a suite on the 14 th floor with access to the lounge and it was worth it, if you could get it you will have breakfast, and or de oeuvres for lunch, snacks and dinner the ladies working the lounge make you feel especial. No pool but a good gym with sauna.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bethany, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Only comment is that bed was soft to my liking. Nicely appointed. Convenient walking distance to Cleveland clinic. Only stayed one night. Front desk checkin was very fast, need a picture id. Asked if I needed a wake up call and a reminder call.

• Stayed October 2012
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Okrent3209;

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the hotel. We certainly appreciate all the great feedback from our guests and we are certainly pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to having you as our guest again should you travel to Cleveland again.

Again thank you,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My very, very pregnant daughter and I arrived at this empty hotel around 12:30 on Saturday after a 6 hour flight in order to attend a 1pm funeral and memorial service. We were told our room wasn't ready and we could sit in the lobby until 3pm. I explained that we wanted to freshen up after the flights in order to attend the services - the clerk seemed dumbfounded. I, again repeated the desire and she offered an alternative room (suite) at a higher price. We accepted the offer, having no choice. Suite, it was not (sour would've been more appropriate), just a plain old room with less amenities that the one we'd reserved.

Later that evening, we went to dinner in the restaurant. Another disappointment - restaurant staff we very pleasant but the food was awful.

On check-out the next day, I shared our concerns with the manager and her response was like, 'yeah' that the way it goes. Couldn't believe it.

On check out the next dayThe hotel staff was very rude, restaurant staff very friendly but cuisine lousy - guess that's why it was empty.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear elt28970,

Thank you for bringing all these issues to my attention. I can imagine how frustrating this was during a time of grieving and how unsympathetic our staff appeared to be. Please understand that while the hotel appeared to be empty, we experienced lots of guests departing the hotel prior to your arrival. Our housekeeping department needs to be able to get all rooms clean and inspected for all of our guests’ arrivals by 3pm. While the front desk offered a solution; I realize this was not your choice. Please accept my apologies for all the displeasure you experienced during your short stay with us.

I hope we can regain your trust in us again should you travel to Cleveland again and give us another opportunity to show you we are the best option in Cleveland.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

It is very important for us to let you know that Antoinnette Peterson, Monica and Manyia made our stay very comfortable even on the darkest days when I did not know what the outcome of my husband's health was to be. Thanks God, my husband did very good. These ladies made everything they could to make me feel better. Antionnette, Monica and Manyia , keep it up. C. Colon. My Husband's name : Luis F. Colon Room 1419.

Room Tip: My only suggestion is to make the upgrade club lounge menu more diverse. Nevertheless, it was good...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Luis F C;

Thank you for taking the time to recognize the ladies in our Club Lounge that made your stay memorable! Antoinnette, Monica and Manyia have all recieved accolades for the wonderful support and genuine care they showed toward you during a difficult time.

Again thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The hotel had excellent service.Was very pleased with everything.They have the most comfortable pillows and bed.The meals served durning the conference was excellent ,servers were great.Front desk staff very helpful and taxi service also great

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Rod26,

Thank you for sharing your experiences of the hotel during your 3 day conference. We are happy you were pleased with everything.

We certainly look forward to having you as our guest again.

Business Travel Sales Manager

Been to InterContinental Hotel Cleveland? Share your experiences!