“Good for Clinic Visit” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hunt, Texas
“Good for Clinic Visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Ok, if you have a Cliveland Clinic visit this is the place to stay, especially for heart patients. Direct connection to Heart Institute easy and comfortable for you and accompanying family members. Yes, it is on the expensive side but location, location, location! Join the Ambassadors Club worth the $150 annual fee. Try for the concierge floor for a nicer experience.
Downside is distance to quality venues for eating and shopping, however their concierge service is pleasant and helpful. Downside is the rooms are a bit worn, and housekeeping a bit spotty for the cost. Everyone is pleasant but when you are paying for convenience and higher prices you expect more. No pool! For cardio patients this is s shame. Limo service from the airport is excellent. The International Patient Service Center is located in this building and fantastic for those from abroad. Internet service is free for Ambassador Club members. Good restaurants, excellent breakfast buffet. Remember you are choosing this hotel for the Clinic, not for a vacation.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and the bathrooms are excellent, great separate showers and good lighting
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Dear P H,

Thank you for sharing your experiences during your stay. We are pleased with your positive review and comments of our location, hotel restaurants, and excellent breakfast buffet.

We are currently in the process of planning a renovation for all of our guestrooms. The housekeeping issue has been brought to the attention of the manager, as this is not a representation of our service quality.

234 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
Mentor, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

My main recommendation is to avoid this hotel at all costs. First of all, the basics: You're paying $100-200 a night for a hotel room in CLEVELAND, and you don't get free internet. Internet is free at any $39/night Red Roof Inn. The staff seem to really enjoy NOT helping the guests. My stay was in January, and when I arrived in my room, the heat was off and the window was open. The room was FREEZING. When I went to check out through the TV, I noticed a charge of $25 for parking, and I did not park with the hotel. I called the front desk, and they said "no problem, the charge will be removed." I stopped at the front desk before leaving, and they said that the $25 charge had not been removed and basically laughed at me for thinking it would be. I asked to talk to a manager, who said that she wasn't going to do anything, and refused to remove the charge. She offered for the sales manager of the hotel to call me back the next day, and I left my number to discuss the problem. Of course, no call back a week later.
DO NOT TRUST THIS HOTEL WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD # OR YOUR BUSINESS

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Dear eight_tracks,

We are apologetic that you did not enjoy your stay. Please contact me directly to discuss further.

216-707-4100
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stayed here for the New Year's Eve package, I flying-in from Dallas. Nice hotel, staff was good, food was good. Would give the hotel five stars, except for the bed bugs that hitched a ride back to Dallas with me. Very disappointing and quite unpleasant to deal with!

Room Tip: Watch out for the bed bugs! They bite....
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Richard S,

Thank you for your concern regarding a potential problem. We have a strong preventative maintenance program in place with a certified pest control vendor. Our employees are trained to look for any type of suspicious activity as well.

While we take all reports seriously, our records do not reflect your assessment of the situation. Please contact us to disucss.

216-707-4100
New Brunswick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

The hotel is about 30 min by taxi away from the airport and right opposite the main buildings of Cleveland Clinic. I was told that the hotel building actually belongs to the Cleveland Clinic, but it is run under the "Intercontinental" brand. I stayed in the hotel for one night, arrived just before dinner, used their restaurant called "Table 45", and checked out early in the morning the next day.
The entire stay was short but really very good. The architecture is pleasant, the entire place has a nice and elegant atmosphere. Staff at check-in was helpful and polite, my business dinner at the restaurant was tasty and delivered promptly with helpful and friendly servers, the guest room (on the 11th floor, Priority Club room) was exceptionally well laid out and exceptionally clean with a good shower and nice bath condiments. Comfortable bed. In short, absolutely no complaints. I recommend this hotel highly.
There is however, one negative point I have to mention: The sofa in my room was already rather worn down and the fabric looked bleached or stained. This is the only point that may need some improvement.....

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Dear lots_of_travel_4_me:

Thank you for taking time to share your overall positive experience during your recent stay. I apologize for the worn sofa in your guest room. We are currently in the planning process for renovations in our guestroom, which will include new furniture.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

We recently stayed at the Intercontinental for a medical consult at Cleveland Clinic. The room, service and food were excellent. The room was quiet and nicely appointed, as was the bathroom. We will be staying there again for 4 nights for another appointment at the Clinic. Excellent place to stay adjacent to the Clinic. Only complaint is the charge for wifi, which is totally unreasonable and something perhaps they will change soon, at least for Clinic patients who need to keep in touch with family. Everything else was great and I will definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room faced Carnegie Ave. and there was lots to watch out the window.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Jeanj;

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and certainly look forward to your next visit. We are pleased to know your experience was excellent. As for the WIFI charges, we are upgrading our internet services and within the next couple months we will be able to provide complimentary internet access in the guestrooms.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I stay at this Intercontinental once or twice a year for more than five years now. The hotel overall has maintained and improved room comforts; technologies and food service. But it is especially the Club lounge and their attendants that make the hotel especially superb.
All the attendants are of the highest level but one in particular is remarkably gracious, welcoming and warm. Her name is Manya Dailey and for her alone I will always return.

Room Tip: The concierge floors are especially superb.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear artsmk,

We are pleased to have you as a continual guest at the hotel during your visits to Cleveland. I will certainly share your wonderful comments of Manya’s gracious and warm attention she extends to you. Thank you for sharing your experiences as our guest.

Shanty Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

I had to have a medical procedure at the Cleveland Clinic and the Intercontinental Hotel was suggested as a place to stay as it is connected to the clinic via skywalk.
Our room was above average and very quiet. I didn't like the fact that I had to pay an additional amount of money for wifi/internet. Most hotels have this service now and the hotel should reconsider charging the additonal $10/day charge for this service.
I was satisfied with the hotel and staff overall but I was really impressed with the Table 45 restaurant.
My wife and I really enjoyed our meals and the prices were the going rate.
If you are going to the Clinic...this is where you want to stay!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to InterContinental Hotel Cleveland? Share your experiences!