Have stayed here a dozen or so times, all in conjunction with trips to the Cleveland Clinic. On this most recent stay, while I was checking in, another customer was at the front desk complaining that they had not received clean towels for several days, and there was only one washcloth placed in their room for 3 people. I made a mental note of this, and checked in my room. Only one washcloth. The other customer was being quizzed by the front desk staff: "did you report this to the front desk?" Customer: "no, I reported it to the housekeeping staff" desk clerk: "well you should have reported it to the front desk" Customer: "OK, I am reporting it to you now". This seems ridiculous. I would expect at this level of hotel that employees in the department involved should be empowered to handle complaints and remedy the situation.
I have been visiting this hotel for several years and used to think it was fantastic. Although now I find it getting a bit worn and dated. I have noticed on more recent visits that the bedding is growing thin and sometimes even torn. There is always a faint smell of body odor on the room floors and in the guest rooms. Not sure if this is a sanitary issue related to the clientele or a cleanliness issue of the hotel itself. Still a fine choice if you need to visit the Clinic, but for other stays to Cleveland -- especially if you need to be downtown, there are other fine choices such as the Marriott Key Center, Renaissance, or the Ritz Carlton, which are all generally less expensive than this hotel.
I am an ambassador member and usually get an upgrade to a Jr Suite which isn't much more than an average room with a very small sitting room. I almost prefer the regular rooms. This hotel seems due for a renovation and update. If that happens I will be glad to continue staying here. If it does not happen soon I will probably go with some of the other choices in the area more often.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Cleveland is situated on the campus of the prestigious Cleveland Clinic, less than two kilometres (one mile) from the University Circle cultural and arts district. Legacy Village shopping and entertainment, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Progressive Field and the Historic Warehouse District are all within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your InterContinental Hotel Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Cleveland
- InterContinental Hotel Cleveland Ohio