“Southern Hospitality,a different type restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of soho kitchen & bar

soho kitchen & bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In Ohio City
Wadsworth, Ohio
“Southern Hospitality,a different type restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

goal was to have a great dinner, to try somewhere new, before going to Playhouse Square. We had 6pm reservations. A few people were there when we went in. By the time we left @ 7;30 it was full
Restaurant is small, quaint, very clean
Not a huge menu but I think what they have they do very well. Our meals were outstanding

Different funky salads.
Hen House: deviled eggs sitting on the side, bacon, tomatoes, spinach
Dixie Caesar: Grilled, yes grilled, romaine, peanuts, avocadoes
both really good

Entrée Southern Fried chicken w mashed potatoes and gravy. Two large pieces, spicey, flavorful breading,really flavorful

Entree Shrimp and grits with sausage. Creamy, good, could have been risotto

Pecan Pie: not overly sweet, flaky crust
Portions were large. With each of us getting a salad we could have shared one dinner but sure wanted to try all we could

I will say our waitress had some attitude. We told her up front this was our first visit. We asked if there were any specials not on the menu. She responded" what you read is what we have here".
My husband asked her about beer on tap and she responded "did you look at the menu before you asked.

She did warm up, the other wait staff was very friendly. They filled water and coffee before it was empty. Cleared plates promptly and asked frequently how we were doing, did we need anything

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cleveland, Ohio
“BRUNCH SPOT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I love southern food, so this weekend we decided to treat ourselves to brunch. Damn, son! If shrimp & grits is on a menu, I'm getting it. I never thought I would have the best shrimp & grits at a restaurant in Cleveland, but it's true. My boyfriend got the chicken & waffles, and while he can't say it's the best of that entree he has ever had, he loved it here. They serve a tasty biscuit with jam + herb butter and they have great cocktails. I highly recommend the gin fizz and the bloody mary was awesome - served with a savory, bacon salt. SOHO has a trendy + home feel to it, and the bar was lively and fun. We are thinking about going back for the Kentucky Derby and would definitely like to try it for dinner!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Barberton, Ohio, United States
“Southern Cooking at it's best!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

First very trendy, clean, up scale. Small menu but great choices of southern dishes. Cat fish fresh crisp , homemade chips. Service was excellent. Nice beer selection. Not far from Westside Market in Cleveland Ohio City. Will go back and try some of the grits and soups. I don't think you will be disappointed. Give it a try. We were there for lunch. They were very accommodating letting me change up how I wanted my meal.

• Visited December 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Fun and Filling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Saturday evening with friends --- loud but comfortable. Good, friendly, efficient service. Knowledgeable staff. Great southern-type (I'm sure there is a better name for that) food - you could easily make a meal of the appetizers; fried green tomatoes were delicious. Tough making a decision but went with the ribeye steak and didn't go wrong. Shrimp and grits were also outstanding. Highly recommend the mac-n-cheese. Nice selection of beers.
Full meal, including appetizers to share with the table, a couple of drinks each, and dessert came to $100 or so including tip per couple.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbus, Ohio
“A great new year's eve dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Our group of six had dinner on new year's eve this year at Soho. Our friends live in Ohio City and are regulars. The food was excellent. Other than a rabbit bone shard in my mac and cheese, I have no complaints. The wine pairings were decent and a good value. While the food was hearty (and perfect for the snowy weather), we did not leave stuffed. While I only tried the new year's eve tasting menu, I would strongly recommend.

• Visited December 2013