“It Was Good But....” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 1,667 restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Greek
“It Was Good But....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

It was good but, it wasn't the best gyro I've had. What it lacked in taste for me, it made up for in size. The regular size that I ordered was large, in my opinion, and jammed pack with meat, perhaps too much meat. The large cost about $8 and change. The tzatziki sauce was a bit unusual too in that it had a pink hue instead of the usual white I'm used too. Like I said, it was good, just not the best I've tasted, but the ambience of the West Side Market, a large indoor market located west of downtown Cleveland, certainly makes it worth the trip.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Cherry Creek, New York
“Yum!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Alright lets get it out of the way, the line is long. In fact it got even longer as we waited, but I would wait in that line all over again for a taste of that yummy meat and sauce. my husband and I split a jumbo gyro, it was a ton of meat, had to eat the meat down before we cold even take our first real bite. It was delicious! It was a Friday afternoon when we stopped and the service was friendly, one of the cooks was sure to let everyone know in line two times while we were waiting on meat to heat up, what was going on so people wouldn't get too grouchy. If you have the time and some patience check it out you won't be sorry!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Best Gyro this side of the Mississippi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

If you have a craving for a gyro, and you're in Cleveland... look no further.. This place has you covered. The meat is well seasoned, the Tzatziki sauce has you covered, and the Onions, whoooo. If you are extra hungry you can get a jumbo, but seriously, they already cram so much meat into a regular, I could not imagine trying to get more. If you never had it, try it.. it is really good. And if you are looking for the best fillafel, walk around the corner past the fudge guy and order one from Maha's!! you;re welcome

Visited August 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Very good gyro, not worth the wait”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I waited in line for over an hour as they "did not have meat"
The gyro is massive, and tasty, but not worth an hour's wait. I wish I would have gone to a less trendy place and skipped the very long line.

Also, the staff was pretty rude (Reminiscent of the "soup nazi" in Seinfeld)

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Very hot in line. Best gyro ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Way too hot in line for 40 min wait! The gyro and sauce is delicious! I am a local and have seen the line grow as they have been featured on many shows. The attitudes have changed and the rude signs have gone up! They are so rude and talk about customers as they walk away! I love the gyros but it pains me to give them business when they are so ungrateful for their loyal customers who put them on the map! A lot of people feel this way because I heard the chatter in the line!

• Visited July 2013