“Excellent blend of atmosphere,food quality an service.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cowell & Hubbard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 1,684 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, French, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 44115
Canfield, Ohio
“Excellent blend of atmosphere,food quality an service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The good experience started before we visited as I sent the restaurant several e-mails regarding our quest being gluten sensitive as well as asking if our children had special options.They responded quickly and promised they would deliver anything we needed.They did not disappoint! Immediately upon sitting down to our table they were very receptive.Once they found out about our guests needs they sent out gluten-free bread that she loved.When she asked them info on the bread they brought out a wrapped loaf and helped her write down info about it.For our children when they ordered a hamburger to split...they brought out 2 plates each with half of a burger and piled high with fries.Our entrees were excellent.I had the Seared Scallops which were served with lima beans,brussel sprouts in a chardonnay cream sauce.My wife had the duck which was good per her report..."just not as good as the duck you(me) make".Water goblets were always being filled and refilled,bread added to our plates.Staff came over frequently to make certain our needs were met.Finally the ambiance is quite chic and inviting.I would definitely dine here again.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cleveland, Ohio
“Updated review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I am posting this review to update a poor review I previously posted for this restaurant. Upon posting my review, I was contacted by the restaurant's GM with an offer to dine again with a guest, on the house. I decided to give them one more try, again before going to a show at Playhouse Square. I did not let the restaurant or the server know about my review or the offer of two free meals until we had been there for some time. We received excellent service from our server. The food was delicious and when the manager came to see how we were doing, I brought up his email (which had been sent about 10 or 11 months before - I printed a copy to bring with me) and he agreed to honor his offer. Everyone in my group of 6 had a great time, enjoyed their meal and we made it to our show without feeling rushed. Kudos to Cowell and Hubbard - we will definitely return!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Experience, Would Definitely Go Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We stopped in after a show at the Palace Theatre on a Saturday afternoon to get out of the snow. We didn't have a reservation but they were very helpful and were able to seat us at a table for an hour. The service was awesome! I love the fact that they keep coming around and giving you fresh bread! We had cocktails and appetizers and everything was delicious! They have a very original menu. I would recommend everything we tried, the frog legs, bone marrow, chicken wings and seafood soup. It was on the pricey side but no more expensive than any other nice restaurant. Before we left the called us a cab and made sure it was out front. We had a great time and are very happy we stumbled in Cowell & Hubbard. I would definitely go back!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Akron, Ohio
“A bit expensive, but tasty and good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Visited after a show at the Palace Theater. Service was good initially, but slowed down after our original waitress disappeared. Her replacement said that our original waitress was working in another area of the restaurant. Sounded a bit strange to me.

Food was good, prepared well. Tasty and good. A bit on the expensive side. Seven dollars for a Strawberry Napoleon dessert. No free re-fills on my non-alcoholic drink.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Well done Zach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Great meal well presented in a nicely decorated atmosphere at a reasonable price. Very busy Friday evening. Trout was perfectly done and the Carmel desert was decadent. All in great value.