“Wow factor” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Wow factor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

This place has the wow factor on every course. Nothing is ordinary and everything is extraordinary. Example, we started with some pretty incredible cocktails. Mostly, custom creations...my manhattan had candy cap mushrooms, bitters, bourbon and vermouth...so arromtic...my wife had a cucumber Collins..so aromatic...from the house made celery bitters.

White having the drinks we ordered serveral amazing starters. Then a heirloom zebra tomato gespacho with tuna tartare on Top. Each item we had blew us away. Dinners and dessert exceptional right down to a corn meal pound cake with salted Carmel.... And crispy waffle...with....

Service outstanding, food, drinks, wine outstanding. Wine list was easy to read, included vintages. Everything they serviced by bottle was also available by glass. We had a Dr. Loosen Reisling off dry and a great Chinon Cab Franc.

Don't miss this place if in Cleveland area. Granted the neighborhood is going through changes....but this will be a hard place to get into in 2-3 years. Amazing foods

Visited August 2013

89% Recommend
Avon Lake, Ohio
“Charming Eatery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My friends and I dined at Spice over the past weekend. We were pleasantly surprised by the excellent service and creative food. The wine selection is extensive and there is a good wine for everyone's budget. The food, ah the food! It was innovative, fresh and delicious. We tried three appetizers and found them all wonderful. Our dinners were exceptional as well. I especially loved the broccoli risotto. Yum! The atmosphere is warm and cozy. Our bartender/ waiter, Dave, was the ideal, helpful, allowing us enough time between courses, and always there when we needed something. Super restaurant. I can't wait to go back. ( We were lucky to get in without reservations, however, I would advise that if you want to be sure to get in, give them a call.)

• Visited August 2013
Brecksville, Ohio
“Wonderful atmosphere and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We recently dined at Spice with another couple, and enjoyed the experience very much. The decor is neutral but very soothing, and there is much more space inside than I thought there would be. With that said, I took off half a point for the very tiny table for 4 people; we had to constantly juggle plates and drinkware to make room for appetizer and entreee dishes.

I can only comment on the food my husband and I ate, because, alas, I didn't want to eat off my companions plates! My husband started with the chili (which he said was delicious) and had the special - fish tacos, and they were outstanding. And I don't like fish! These were battered walleye, but so so so fresh that there was no unpleasant fishy-ness to them at all. A nice slaw and tangy, but not too spicy, sauce accompanied the tortillas, and the four tacos served with the entre were very filling.

I had chicken with chive spaetzle and farm vegetables, and although it was good, it really wasn't that special. I also thought the chicken breast was much too dry, hence, another half point deduction. However, dessert more than made up for that disappointment. I had the Panne cotta with Strawberry-Rhubarb preserves and Lemon Creme Whoopie pie. I normally go for something chocolate, but I'm glad I tried this. The preserves on top of the panne cotta were a perfect balance of flavor and married wonderfully with the custard. The lemon of the whoopie pie, which by itself was light and delicious, melded well with the flavors of the panne cotta.

Another nice bonus is that Spice has a small parking lot behind the restaurant, though one can usually find street parking in the area as well.

Though a bit on the pricey side, I would certainly come back for a special night out.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Spring peas soup ooh lala!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The spring pea soup was superlative. I didn't think I would like a chilled soul, however, nothing is further than the truth.
I liked it so much, I went back the next day for another round.
Everything at Spice is always fresh, organic and brilliantly prepared.
Spice is one of Cleveland's best kept secrets.

• Visited July 2013
Cleveland
“creative food, great service, cool atmosphere in Gordon Square area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Dinner for two couples this past weekend. Preprandial cocktails were great, followed by creative little plates and four great dinners. The smokey shrimp bisque special was excellent. My husband was delighted with his lamb two ways and my friend and I enjoyed the ramps and mushroom ravioli. First time but we will be back. Great value and fun venue along with very pleasant and friendly service. Sorta quite around 7 on a Saturday night but packed by the time we left after 8:30.

• Visited June 2013