“creative food, great service, cool atmosphere in Gordon Square area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Spice Kitchen & Bar

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Cleveland
“creative food, great service, cool atmosphere in Gordon Square area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Dinner for two couples this past weekend. Preprandial cocktails were great, followed by creative little plates and four great dinners. The smokey shrimp bisque special was excellent. My husband was delighted with his lamb two ways and my friend and I enjoyed the ramps and mushroom ravioli. First time but we will be back. Great value and fun venue along with very pleasant and friendly service. Sorta quite around 7 on a Saturday night but packed by the time we left after 8:30.

• Visited June 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
“Nice outdoor seating and attentive service in a Detroit-Shoreway bar with good but pricey food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Met several colleagues for a Thursday night business dinner. Bar and dinner service were quick and pleasant without disrupting our conversation. I had tomato bisque, beautifully presented, $9, and lamb two ways with mashed potatoes and green beans, $30. Both were delicious. Patio seating behind the building was quiet and not too crowded. This restaurant is one long block east of Gordon Square on Detroit Avenue, definitely urban but safe enough.

• Visited May 2013
cleveland
“Really fresh food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Met some friends for dinner and we enjoyed EVERYTHING! We started with their chickpea fries and sauce- very tasty. The mushroom beignets melted in your mouth. We each had a salad - FRESH. We split the ravioli's (they were out of the one listed on the menu but the substitutes were delish anyway) and than we split the pork loin- it was a large piece and also had great flavors to it. Nice and relaxing atmosphere, not rushed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cleveland, Ohio
“Local food and lots of it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I went here after finding an apartment in Cleveland this week. The food was really good. We got the cornbread and chickpea fries for apps and they were delicious. The cornbread is served with some sort of rosemary bacon butter which I didn't eat because I'm not a bacon person. I got the Bibb salad and the potato stuffed ravioli and spinach puree, both cooked well and in season. A friend of mine and my mom ordered off the restaurant week menu and weren't disappointed. The apple cobbler is amazing and the ice cream with it is home made! Definitely a restaurant to go back to, but it is a little bit pricey.

• Visited March 2013
Westlake, Ohio
“Local ingredients, gourmet cuisine, neighborhood gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed every aspect of our experience at Spice Kitchen + Bar. The seasonal menu was loaded with fresh, local ingredients in creative preparations. Our meals were sensational and our service was excellent. I went in with high expectations based on what I had heard and read and Spice exceeded them. We can't wait to go back.