“Tea Party with our dolls!” 5 of 5 stars

Emerald Necklace Inn
18840 Lorain Rd., Cleveland, OH 44126   |
Ranked #8 of 13 Cleveland B&B and Inns
Westlake
“Tea Party with our dolls!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

My grandgirls bought me a doll for Christmas and were coming from Nashville for spring break. We took our dolls to a Tea Party at the Emerald Necklace Inn to celebrate my 70th Birthday. It was AWESOME! The girls ages 7 & 10 had a great time, they enjoyed their "Bubblegum" Tea, the butterfly PBJ sandwiches & the Mickey Mouse grilled cheesse sandwiches as well as all the other goodies. My daughter & I had a great time stepping into our chilhood with them.It was full of "priceless" memories thanks to Gloria & Anna.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Amherst, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Our inn host, Gloria, was terrific. There are three rooms available, we chose the Queen Room, $119 per night. We walked up stairs and there was a small area with a mini-fridge, microwave, and a coffee maker so you could make coffee or tea. This was not meant to be a lobby or a sitting area. Our room had a Victorian Queen (in reality a full-size bed). Our fireplace was an electric heater made to look like a Franklin stove (a poor imitation). A great deal of the room was taken up by a soaking tub about 5' from the bed.
The bathroom was small. My husband had to wet his razor in the sink and turn 90 degrees to the left for the mirror.
The furnishings didn't match at all and the leather loveseat with the Victorian furnishings didn't go. There were magazines in the from 2010!
Breakfast was an oatmeal scone (very good), fruit plate (slices of melon and a sliced strawberry). The main course was a choice of eggs or broccoli quiche, we chose the quiche which was rather tasteless. There were also 3 small sausages which were too greasy for me.
This also houses a tea room, and a mini-salon (one chair and a pedicure chair).
Our innkeeper was delightful, but our room was a disappointment and so was the breakfast. So both parts of B&B (Bed/Breakfast) failed.

North Olmsted, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We wanted to get away to celebrate our 10th anniversary and I found this bed and breakfast on the internet. The inn is in a building that is 150 years old. We had the “Honeymoon” suite. The room was decorated for Christmas and had a lot of antiques. There is a large soaker tub in the room as well as a small heater/fireplace to add to the atmosphere. Gloria checked us in and was very nice. She showed us around the place when we checked in and told us about the history of the building. We had chocolate cake delivered to our room in the evening and had access to coffee, tea and popcorn if we wanted. The breakfast was very good. There was fresh fruit, blueberry scones, eggs bacon, sausage, potatoes and an English muffin. I was surprised at how quiet the room was being that the building is 150 years old. The inn is located very close to the Cleveland Metro Parks. In good weather you can walk down to the park. We definitely plan on going back again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

You couldn't as for a more perfect stop! Gloria is the most amazing inn keeper across the USA! We have stayed with her twice in the past 6 months and she tears is like family! Amazing amenities, close to anything you need, quaint and comfortable inn..AMAZING BREAKFAST!!!!! Would recommend to anyone who like comfortable, affordable and friendly!! Can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed October 2013
Ypsilanti, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here in mid-August for our anniversary, and let me just tell you... We had an amazing time. Patrick greeted us upon arrival, and he was very accomodating for the both of us, polite, sincere, and formal! The room was just too cute, with a double-soaking tub, complete with bath salt, bubble bath, and comfy robes. We opted for the "Sweetheart Special" which came with chocolate covered strawberries, sparkling cider (we're under 21!), and a dessert tray. We had a perfect little balcony, and access to several different kinds of tea we could use at our own disposal, whenever we wanted tea. We had the whole B&B to ourselves, because we stayed on a Sunday, and it was quiet and peaceful. Not only that, but the breakfast we had in the morning was amazing! We were each served whatever kind of tea we wanted, out of the dozens of delicious flavors they had, and the servings for breakfast were more than enough. The young woman we had serving us even got us take-away cups for our tea we couldn't finish! The whole atmosphere of the place was wonderful, and the staff and service was amazing. Definitely will stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is a nice, clean place to stay and the breakfasts are really good; although it's the same thing each morning if you stay more than one night. Make sure you verify the room rate based on how many you have with you BEFORE you get there to avoid any confusion. They did honor our original agreement, but it was a little distressing to deal with that just when we were getting on the road.

It's a LONG way to Cleveland - 45+ minute drive if you go through the little towns and almost that far taking the interstate. We went for graduation and it took forever to get back and forth to the college.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend booked here for my birthday. Didn't really know what to expect I was surprised. First impression was to run and then I realized it was already paid for and my girlfriend wouldn't
get her money back. We started out by looking at the 2 queen rooms they had, chose the one with the balcony. The rooms where nice sized the double soak tub was what sold it. Wish it was a Jacuzzi tub but none the less was really nice. The tv really threw me off it was small and outdated not that we watched tv but if your going to have one make sure its a nice one. Now to the good stuff. Everyone was friendly and polite. The price was good and the owner offered a discount for are next stay. The bed was extremely comfortable. The tub was really nice fit both of us and still had plenty of room. The balcony was nice was a little cold outside so didn't spend much time out there. The decor was old fashion and cozy made me fell comfortable. Before I knew it I had fallen asleep and when I had woke up went down stairs for breakfast it was set up with a glass of oj a crumpit and glass of fresh cut fruit then had choice of tea an omelet, bacon, and hash-browns the service was great the food was really good. I went from wanting to leave on first impression to I would go back. Hope this helps.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Emerald Necklace Inn? Share your experiences!