“Perfect place to get away” 5 of 5 stars

Emerald Necklace Inn
18840 Lorain Rd., Cleveland, OH 44126   |
Ranked #8 of 13 Cleveland B&B and Inns
North Olmsted, Ohio
“Perfect place to get away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We wanted to get away to celebrate our 10th anniversary and I found this bed and breakfast on the internet. The inn is in a building that is 150 years old. We had the “Honeymoon” suite. The room was decorated for Christmas and had a lot of antiques. There is a large soaker tub in the room as well as a small heater/fireplace to add to the atmosphere. Gloria checked us in and was very nice. She showed us around the place when we checked in and told us about the history of the building. We had chocolate cake delivered to our room in the evening and had access to coffee, tea and popcorn if we wanted. The breakfast was very good. There was fresh fruit, blueberry scones, eggs bacon, sausage, potatoes and an English muffin. I was surprised at how quiet the room was being that the building is 150 years old. The inn is located very close to the Cleveland Metro Parks. In good weather you can walk down to the park. We definitely plan on going back again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

You couldn't as for a more perfect stop! Gloria is the most amazing inn keeper across the USA! We have stayed with her twice in the past 6 months and she tears is like family! Amazing amenities, close to anything you need, quaint and comfortable inn..AMAZING BREAKFAST!!!!! Would recommend to anyone who like comfortable, affordable and friendly!! Can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed October 2013
Ypsilanti, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here in mid-August for our anniversary, and let me just tell you... We had an amazing time. Patrick greeted us upon arrival, and he was very accomodating for the both of us, polite, sincere, and formal! The room was just too cute, with a double-soaking tub, complete with bath salt, bubble bath, and comfy robes. We opted for the "Sweetheart Special" which came with chocolate covered strawberries, sparkling cider (we're under 21!), and a dessert tray. We had a perfect little balcony, and access to several different kinds of tea we could use at our own disposal, whenever we wanted tea. We had the whole B&B to ourselves, because we stayed on a Sunday, and it was quiet and peaceful. Not only that, but the breakfast we had in the morning was amazing! We were each served whatever kind of tea we wanted, out of the dozens of delicious flavors they had, and the servings for breakfast were more than enough. The young woman we had serving us even got us take-away cups for our tea we couldn't finish! The whole atmosphere of the place was wonderful, and the staff and service was amazing. Definitely will stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is a nice, clean place to stay and the breakfasts are really good; although it's the same thing each morning if you stay more than one night. Make sure you verify the room rate based on how many you have with you BEFORE you get there to avoid any confusion. They did honor our original agreement, but it was a little distressing to deal with that just when we were getting on the road.

It's a LONG way to Cleveland - 45+ minute drive if you go through the little towns and almost that far taking the interstate. We went for graduation and it took forever to get back and forth to the college.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend booked here for my birthday. Didn't really know what to expect I was surprised. First impression was to run and then I realized it was already paid for and my girlfriend wouldn't
get her money back. We started out by looking at the 2 queen rooms they had, chose the one with the balcony. The rooms where nice sized the double soak tub was what sold it. Wish it was a Jacuzzi tub but none the less was really nice. The tv really threw me off it was small and outdated not that we watched tv but if your going to have one make sure its a nice one. Now to the good stuff. Everyone was friendly and polite. The price was good and the owner offered a discount for are next stay. The bed was extremely comfortable. The tub was really nice fit both of us and still had plenty of room. The balcony was nice was a little cold outside so didn't spend much time out there. The decor was old fashion and cozy made me fell comfortable. Before I knew it I had fallen asleep and when I had woke up went down stairs for breakfast it was set up with a glass of oj a crumpit and glass of fresh cut fruit then had choice of tea an omelet, bacon, and hash-browns the service was great the food was really good. I went from wanting to leave on first impression to I would go back. Hope this helps.

• Stayed April 2013
Forest City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We checked into the Emerald Necklace on a Friday afternoon. We were greeted by the owner and she actually gave my wife two warm hugs as a welcome. The property is very well kept and very clean. Now it is certainly not a new property so expect a few small items a bit worn. As some others have said the carpets do have a couple remnants of a stain here or there but they are clean. And if this were my property I would add a flat screen TV in each room at least 37" in size. Those are the only negatives in my opinion. The rooms we had were both clean and very comfortable. The soaking tubs are great. We had a nice evenings rest and the tea selection here is very good.

Breakfast was the high point of our trip. We were presented with a tea menu and our children had pancakes with sausage. I had quiche and it was awesome. Served in a very elegant manner. This was our first trip to The Emerald Necklace but will not be our last. Thanks for a wonderful evening away from home.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My sister and I stayed here for two nights, and we would definitely return. The rooms were spacious and filled with lovely antiques, the beds extremely comfortable, the owner gracious, and her assistant completely charming. The B & B is in a building built around 1900, I think, and so the rooms work around that: there are no closets but instead there are hooks and hangars on the door (and a large dresser); in two of the rooms, the bathrooms contain only the toilet and the sink and the bath or bath/shower are in the bedroom, in the corner or behind a curtain. It all works. Two of the rooms have large, private decks (though only one actually overlooks the "valley" (as the huge Cleveland metro park system is called); the other overlooks a private house with trees along the property; and the third has no deck at all. But, both decks are private and have plenty of space, a great place for enjoying a glass of wine and conversation with friends. The Inn is close to the road, but it was nonetheless quiet, even in the front room. I am sensitive to noise, I slept like a baby.
The rooms were clean (yes, there are a few stray spots on the carpet, in the well-loved way, not the "OMG, don't they ever clean" way). Tea, coffee, cocoa are all available 24/7; there is a small common fridge on the second floor where you can store your own wine, beer, small items. The breakfast was quite good: blueberry pancakes one AM, a veggie omelette the next. You can skip the breakfast if you want and get a lower rate.
The B & B is right next to one of the entrances to the valley which has an incredible dedicated bike path, plus other outdoor activities (golf and horse back riding among them). It is 10 minutes to the airport and 20 minutes to downtown.
I go to Cleveland regularly to visit family; the other hotels on the west side are generic and close to nothing of interest. This is a very good place to stay on that side of town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Emerald Necklace Inn? Share your experiences!