“Room was beautiful, bed extremely comfy.” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 32 hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wooster, Ohio
“Room was beautiful, bed extremely comfy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

Really was surprised and happy with how nice my room was. It was clean, had windows that open, robe and slippers, nice amenities, overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
Dear karo47,

Thank you for staying at the InterContinental Suites Hotel during your recent trip to Cleveland. We are please that you were satisfied with our renovated guest room and amenities. We certainly hope that you will stay with us again.

260 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Flemington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

I was scheduled for surgery at the Cleveland Clinic Jan 2011. I went on line looking for a room and decided The Suites might fit our budget and needs. I would be in the hospital 7 -9 days and we planned to stay 3 days before and 4-5 after surgery. I went on line and met Pablo Criado, Guest Experience Manager. He answered all my questions, settled my concerns, and then made all arrangements for our stay. We arrived at the hotel Jan 13th and were very impressed by the cleanliness of the lobby and the personalized service provided by the front desk, bellmen, etc. Once in our room (1 bdrm with living rm, bath, and small kitchenette) we were taken by the cleanliness, and attention to detail everywhere - including 2 large flat screen tvs. Thankfully the bed was top-of-the-line. We even found a fruit basket welcoming us to the hotel. While I was in the hospital my wife was treated like royalty. People at the desk would ask how i was feeling and always asked if there was anything they could do to make her visit more comfortable. This attention to my wife and her needs and comfort were a great help as I was recovering in the hospital and she was able to have a place outside the hospital of to relax in comfort. We are returning to the Suites this weekend for a 3 days stay. We highly recommend The Suites to anyone visiting The Clinic, or anywhere in Cleveland for that matter.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Dear tfin,

Thank you for sharing your positive experiences at the hotel duirng your recent trip to Cleveland. We are certainly pleased that you found the hotel staff attentive as well as our newly renovated guestrooms comfortable and clean.

elmont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

Although this may be the smallest InterContinental I have ever had the pleasure of staying at, it definetely had the biggest impact on my entire family. My wife, 2 young daughters and myself left the hotel just two days ago. My wife was having surgery at the Cleveland Clinic and after doing some research, we selected the Intercontinental Suites. The prices were reasonable, but above all, the location within the Cleveland Clinic Campus was a huge bonus. It was great to get attended by a sincere, caring and attentive staff (from all levels and positions within the hotel) that made my family's stay a comfortable and relaxing stay. I love the way that the employees cared about my family.

When we arrived, we found out that the hotel is in a middle of some major renovation, which was a bit disappointing seeing as we would be spendng many late days in the hospital and would want to go to the hotel and relax. But, after expressing our concerns about the noise due to the renovation to the front desk person upon arrival, Khalid was nice enough to accomadate us in one of the renovated rooms. I'm not sure how the old rooms looked like, but all I can say is that this room was great! You can see and feel that they are so fresh and new.

I am a store manager for a company by the name of Gamestop in New York and have been in the customer service field for over 11 years with different companies, and all I can say is that you can feel that the employees in this hotel love what they do. The Front Desk staff was great and housekeeping was on point. We did order room service once since most of the times we ate while at the clinic, but food was ok.

Keep up the great job and you will see my family and I again, hopefully for some R&R! And rest assured that I will recommend the Intercontinental Suites to all my friends, family and collegues.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Dear am474772,

Thank you for sharing all the great experiences and customer service you received. We are certainly pleased our staff was attentive to your needs and you found our newly renovated guestrooms wonderful and great!

When you return to Cleveland for R&R, we would welcome you to stay with us again.

NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

This is a small, stripped down hotel on a corner in downtown Cleveland with nothing except a drug store. The rooms are clean. The employees are almost unconscious. It took a lot of work to get a someone to carry up my bag, and he knew nothing about the amenities in the room. There is no food at all except the hotel, so the prices are high.
But what is important is that they say they have a van to take someone to and from the local hospitals. It was a blizzard. It was dark and freezing. I was alone on a cul de sac. I called for the van three times.
It never came. I ended up taking a ride with a stranger who happened to drive by. I was lucky the person was nice. The hotel appeared to be totally uninterested in what happened. I called the General Manager who seem unimpressed and made no offer to compensate me in any way.
I would never stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, January 5, 2011
Dear CHS14,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay. In regards to your remarks regarding the hotel van, we understand it arrived ten minutes later than you would have liked, and you chose alternative transportation for your appointment. Please note we strive to accommodate as many guests as possible with our transportation options, especially during inclement weather. We regret you did not find them to your satisfaction; however we strongly feel we did our best in this situation to meet your needs.

Thank you again for your time and comments.
Neville Erasmus
Hotel Manager
Saratoga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

The Suites was just right for my purposes. My husband was to have heart surgery and the clean and comfortable suite (bedroom, living/dining room and bath with the mini kitchen) was all I really needed. The hospital was just two blocks away and I walked most days. If I chose to not eat at the hospital I could eat at the Citrus in the building. I cannot say enough good things about the staff from Robert who picked up my NY Times each morning, to Tracey, the concierge, and the front desk staff who arranged for a police car to take me to the hospital at 4:30 am when there was a post-operative emergency. Due to several complications my stay at the Suites lasted one month so I can speak with some authority about the accommodations and the staff. It is never a happy circumstance to face the serious operation of one' husband with the ups and downs that go along with the aftermath of the surgery and the recovery process. I consider myself fortunate to have been at the Suites during this difficult time.

e to face

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, February 16, 2011
Dear 29april,

Thank you for sharing your experiences of your hotel stay. We are happy to know that the hotel meet your expectations during your recent visit. We certainly wish you and your husband a healthy 2011.

Cleveland, Ohio.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

I have been staying at the Intercontinental since August, 22nd 2009 until now December, 17th 2010 and I will be staying here for a while too.
The hotel is great, specially the new remodeled rooms. I love it and it feels like home.
Everybody at the hotel from the Hotel Manager Neville, and the Front desk Manager Pablo, and everybody else are working so hard day by day to make each and every person happy at the hotel.
Things that I do like about the new turn around are: the color of the new furniture, the style, even the smell of the shampoo and not to forget the lovely color of the towels and the bed covers.
In addition to all that, the great 2 big flat screen TVs in every room, what a great work and design that I must say that helps me and I am sure every person at the hotel at the great and hard work that intercontinenla is doing to make this place as combfortable as possible.
The only things that I don't like are the following:
1. Lack of a laundry facility such as a washer/dryer to be available for the long term residents at the hotel.
2. The smell that is being used lately at the hotel. (it smells like a very cheap shaving cream at an old barber shop) don't ask me why but that is how I can explain it.
3. The lack of a bottle opener at the remodeled rooms.
4. The cleaning staff sometimes do forget to add a conditioner, or a facial towels. Sometimes and not all the time though.
5. The menu at Citrus is nice
I have tried some of items on their menu, and I noticed that the Burgers are your best choice, and that is my opinion only. I didn't like the other stuff that they had. Their Ceasar Salad is highly recommended. Taste great!
6. It would be a great idea to offer FREE internet for every room.
I have mentioned everything that I do see now and keep in mind that I have been staying at this hotel for a year and a half.
So I have provided everybody with a complete and honest review.
At the end, I would highly recommend this hotel for everyone specially when it comes to price wise, style and wonderful design of the new rooms and the lovely and friendly one on one service from the hotel manager and staff members.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, December 21, 2010
Dear AZIZ-809,

We are delighted to learn that you have been enjoying your stay with us. We are also happy to hear that you enjoy the new product.

Thank you for your feedback pertaining to your dislikes. As part of the multi million dollar renovation, we will be adding a guest laundry facility. We realize that our guests tend to stay longer than the typical hotel guest. We will also be adding complimentary internet in 2011 as an added amenity. The smell scent was recently changed to Eucalyptus and we agree that it is not as good as the previous scent and will be changing this back.

Regards,
Neville Erasmus
Hotel Manager
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

I stayed at the Intercontinental hotel in Cleveland while on business. The stayed at this hotel was great other than a heating problem in my room and I also noticed the problem in the hallways. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The front desk personnel was not only helpful but very courteous, specially when the heating problem was reported. The room was very spacious and comfortable. Also, I couldn't help to notice that this Intercontinental was much smaller than otherones I've stayed in. I will definitely go back to this hotel the next time I am in Cleveland.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, December 10, 2010
Dear NYdel01,

Thank you for selecting the InterContinental Suites Hotel during your recent stay. Your positive comments are very important to us and we are happy to hear that you will definately stay with us again.

Business Travel Sales Manager

Been to InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland? Share your experiences!