“Lovely Suite for a Family” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Lovely Suite for a Family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This hotel is perfect for those who need to be close to the Cleveland Clinic. We were visiting a relative near the hotel, which is why we chose this location. There is not a lot of tourist attractions nearby, so if downtown is your focus, you may want to go closer, or you can enjoy the price of being slightly outside of the downtown atmosphere. We had a family of four and booked a 2 bed suite through Priceline.com. Upon our arrival we were told that rooms with 2 beds were no longer available. We were offered a suite with a king bed and a pull out sofa bed. This suited our needs as our two young children will sleep on a sofa bed without question. I would feel sorry if an adult had to sleep on the sofa bed, as the mattress seemed very thin. We had to call down to have linens delivered for the sofa bed. They arrived within 10 minutes. All staff we encountered were pleasant. The rooms were very clean. We enjoyed all the space we had with a family of four. Our room had a nice sized refrigerator, a microwave, a safe, and nice toiletries. We all enjoyed staying here and will definitely return when we visit our relative again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Sherice B, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Juliet G,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our hotel. I am happy that our suite suited the needs of your family and that all staff encountered provided you with a great experience. I will be sure to share your feedback with them. It is also good to know that our location was convenient for visiting your relative.

Though we are slightly outside of the Downtown atmosphere there are attractions such as the Cleveland Museum of Art and The Cleveland Museum of Natural History in close proximity that we would love for you to explore the next time you visit. Please do not hesitate to have our concierge set up an excursion for you and your family. We would love to show you more of our city.

Overall, I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are excited about welcoming you on your return.

Sherice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Eatonton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Great location as it is actually on the hospital property and there are shuttles running all day to take you to your appointments and you never have to get your vehicle out. They will even take you to the local drug store down the street and back, A little expensive if you eat all your meals there which is a tremendous convenience especially if you have a procedure and mobility becomes an issue. All in all I would stay here again because of the ease of meeting your daley appointments.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear GPSMike,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate and value your feedback. I am pleased that our location was convenient for your visits to the Clinic and that the amenities we have in place were helpful for your daily activities and appointments.

On your next venture to Cleveland, we hope to provide you with another convenient and seamless stay.

Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Very interesting Hotel...all is a bit cheaper than a usual Intercontinental , rooms and hallways are a bit used a ripped carpet here and there...Still liked it...only downside was the awful breakfast , Staff was super friendly everywhere

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Sherice B, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear uli1,

Thank you for taking some time to post a review of your recent visit to our hotel. I am happy that despite a few minor details you had a pleasant stay. On future stays with us, please do not hesitate to share your opinions about our breakfast items with our staff so that we may make attempts at providing you with an item that is more to your liking.

Again, thank you for your review. We look forward to hosting you in the future so that we may provide an even more pleasant stay for you.

michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Hotel was refreshing after a long day of testing at the Clinic. Services were top notch, rooms were clean and very bright! Food was good, the atmosphere was truly appreciated! I was stuck at the clinic until 4AM as testing was bit longer than expected and the hotel extended by stay till 4pm which was VERY nice of them!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Sherice B, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear edog152,

Thank you so much for your fantastic remarks. I am so happy that all aspects of your stay from staff to hotel quality were wonderful for you. I will be sure to share your comments with all our staff and we hope to provide you with the same quality experience on your next visit to Cleveland.

Garland, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

This hotel while very nice, is located in the Hospital district and isn't really close to any kind of activities. We used it while visiting Cleveland Institute of Music. Hotel is very clean and well managed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Sherice B, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Catman3404

Many thanks for your 4-star review of our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. I am happy that you found our hotel to be very nice, clean and well-managed.

I am disheartened though that you were not able to take advantage of some of the fun things to do in the area. We are located just down the street from University Circle, home of several cultural, educational, social and religious organizations. Along with the Cleveland Institute of Music, attractions include the Cleveland Museum of Art and Severance Hall, (home of the Cleveland Orchestra) among others. There are also various dining and shopping areas within close proximity including Little Italy and Legacy Village respectively. In addition, our hotel is just an 8-10 minute drive from the heart of Downtown, Cleveland which carries attractions such as the Horseshoe Casino, the Progressive Field and Playhouse Square. Our concierge is also very good about setting up excursions and tours of our great city and so in the future please do not hesitate to take advantage of this service.

We hope to see you again soon, where we will have the opportunity to show you a little more of the City and provide you with an even more memorable experience.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have stayed at the Intercontinental Suites Hotel multiple times over the last year. We wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. The staff is very friendly and remembers us. Everyone is very helpful. the restaurant is good and the accomodations great.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Sherice B, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear KFCincy26,

Many thanks for being a loyal IHG guest. We value and appreciate you. I am happy that we have consistently been able to provide you with a wonderful stay each time you visit and we look forward to creating more remarkable experiences for you.

I will be sure to share your positive comments with all our staff as a reminder of the great product that we provide. Again, thank you for your loyalty to our brand and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was recently a guest at this hotel and I must it was one of the most horrible experiences!! As an employee of IHG I expected to be treated better, and when I called to speak with the Front Office Manager, she was very unhelpful and rationalized the behavior of her staff. Front the onset of my stay things went awry, parking was not clearly defined and we were told they was only one parking option and that as to valet, but later we found out that there was additional parking available near the hotel. When I mentioned this to the Front Office Manger her only reply was that the parking charge was on her the hotel's website. I then tried to address the unfriendliness of the staff and was told that she would speak with them and again offered an apology. Not once did she accept accountability for the staff or herself. Instead she tried to scapegoat the issue by addressing an issue that was totally irrelevant to the nature of my call. When I informed her that I was prepared to list my complaints her exact comment to me was "it seems like you are trying to threaten me to get something, so you can just go on and do the survey." How professional is that...? I replied to this comment by stating that I see exactly why your stay is the way they are because they take leadership from you. I have been working in this industry for 17 years, and I HAVE NEVER COMPLAINED or felt the need to post any comments about my stay, but given the way I was treated and the fabricated reasons her agent(Sharika) gave for my being upset, I felt that I was imperative that I speak up now. I would not recommend this property to anyone to stay, and I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Sherice B, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Christopher T,

Thank you for your review.

I am disappointed that this was your experience. We strive in levels of communication and try to be as upfront and clear about all issues including those of costs and alternatives with our guests. As such, I apologize that this was your experience as this is not our standard of service.

Best Regards,
Sherice

Been to InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland? Share your experiences!