I was here for 2 nights for business and I found most of the service to be extremely poor.
I tried asking the front desk for help regarding the Clinic campus and how best to get to a meeting I had at the cancer center. She couldn't help me and wasn't willing to try, and wouldn't touch the campus/shuttle map. Now, at all other hotels, the front desk staff assist with the local area map. She said I would have to take the shuttle and be in the lobby 45 minutes before I wanted to arrive...ok, I took the map up to my room, got out the reading glasses and realized that the cancer clinic is across the street...I could literally spit and hit it. Now, I am not a cancer patient but I work with them, and to tell them to come to the lobby 45 minutes in advance to sit around and wait can be completely exhausting for them and rather cruel and unusual punishment.
I ordered room service, using the menu on the TV since there was no hardcopy in the room. Tried to order the short ribs, but it was no longer on the menu - the electronic version of the menu is not current. Ok, took the hamburger and I was asked how I would like it cooked. I said well done, no pink. It arrived within the promised timeframe but the burger was essentially raw with maybe 2 mm of cooked (grey) meat around the edges. I didn't dare eat it. Now, I ordered late, was jetlagged and had to leave at 5 am, so I just left it and didn't take the battle, but it was disgusting.
I needed a copy of my invoice after I returned home. I called the front desk before 9 am and was told quite curtly that accounts receivable did not open until 9 am. She hung up as I said something about calling back later... I called back later, got a curt referral to account receivable, but at least the word "please" was used this time. No one answered so a I left a voicemail. Not feeling confident that that would be successful, I looked for another way to contact the hotel. I tried the on-line chat...they cannot help with this, but eventually they gave me the email address to the hotel. I sent a message and I got quick response to my email fulfilling my request. In contrast, I called a Hilton hotel with the same request and after a pleasant and polite exchange with their front desk staff, the invoice was in my inbox within 5 min.
The suite was fine and clean, but the walls are paper thin. It was easy to hear the neighbours.
The bartender (a mature gentleman) was very nice and took good care of us with excellent service. The concierge, Bernadette (?) was great, with good advice and she was very friendly.
As others have noted, the area around the hotel is not attractive and there is no where to walk. Even if you have to go to the Clinic, I would recommend staying elsewhere...especially since this hotel will tell you to sit and wait in the lobby for 45 minutes for the shuttle - you might as well take a taxi from another hotel according to your own schedule.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, the region's only "wellness focused" all-suite hotel, is conveniently located right on the Cleveland Clinic campus. An oasis for guests to relax, rejuvenate and improve their overall mental and physical well-being, yet close to the city's most prominent attractions such as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Cleveland Museum of Art and Cleveland Botanical Garden. From the moment you arrive you'll feel the warmth and comfort of a hotel and staff that are focused on assisting you reach your goal of wellness and good health. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotel Cleveland
- Intercontinental Cleveland
- InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland Ohio