“Pleasant stay. Would return. ” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, CA
“Pleasant stay. Would return. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

I was a little concerned based on other reviews but enjoyed my stay. Booked on points, upgraded on arrival. A little stark/white for my taste but that's a matter of opinion; room was very nice.
Was concerned about proximity to Clinic both for noise and fellow guests (I didn't want to feel like I was in a hospital) but neither were a problem for me.
Other than the hospital, not much in the area. It's sketchy getting to downtown (lots of ads for heroin recovery between the two) but I didn't feel unsafe around the hotel.
Valet is a bit of a rip-off. Park in the garage across the street for $10/day instead.
I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sherice B, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear nmno,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel. I am pleased that you found your room to be very nice and that your worries about proximity to the Clinic were eliminated.
I am disheartened that you were not able to take advantage of some of the fun things to do in the area. We are located just down the street from University Circle, which is considered a cultural and historical district, located just 4 miles from Downtown Cleveland. Attractions include the Cleveland Institute of Music, the Cleveland Museum of Art and Severance Hall, (home of the Cleveland Orchestra) among others. There are also various dining and shopping areas within close proximity including Little Italy and Beachwood Place respectively.

It is good to know that at no point you felt unsafe around the hotel as we consider our Campus very safe. I am however disheartened that you found valet parking overpriced. We do research of similar entities in our area to ensure we provide competitive pricing.

All in all I am very happy that you would stay with us again. We hope to have that opportunity to provide you with the word-class service we are known for. Again, thank you so much for your review.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed here for 3 days/2 nights while I was in cleveland. Let me start with the good points. The second room I ended up getting was very nice. The room was very clean and the hotel appears to be newly renovated. Now on the negative side. This hotel is in a bad area. I would often here sirens at night and was told it was not safe to go out after dark. I was also taken. aback by the really really poor customer service. I called the front after we first checked in about the room. We had booked a King Suite and this room did not appear to be a suite at all. There was not even a sitting area. I called the front desk using the hotel phone and was quickly put on hold and told to wait, so I waited and waited and waited. After being on hold for over 20 mins I decided to call the hotel
on my cell phone. I called the front desk and no answer. I then called back and asked to speak to the hotel manager. At this point I'm still on hold and it has been 25 mins. The manager was not in but I gave him my name and room number and asked him to follow up with me in a voice mail. At the 35 min mark of being on hold someone finally came on the line. I asked for the lady's name who had me on hold for 35 mins and she said it was Martinee. I would have told the manager this but during the 3 days I was at the hotel not one person followed up on my concern. When I checked out I was reassured that someone would follow up with me as being on hold for 35 mins is a safety concern What if someone had fallen. They even verified my phone number but no one has yet to call. That fact that I was left on hold that long is a huge concern, the fact that management does not follow up with guest when something goes wrong is a bigger concern. This is a hotel that prides itself on customer service and is failing in a major way!

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank rands23
Sherice B, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Rands23,

Thank you for your valued feedback and for commenting on the quality of our rooms. I am disheartened you were told that the area in which our hotel is situated is not safe. We are located on the Cleveland Clinic Campus which is secured by the Cleveland Clinic Police who are based on the grounds and so we take pride in providing a very safe environment for our guests. I sincerely apologize if at any point you experienced something that made you feel unsafe.

I do apologize that you had a long hold time to speak with someone at the front desk. Our staff may have been busy with check-ins but a follow up is absolutely important. I would love to have the opportunity to do so with you. This is not our usual level of service and I sincerely apologize that you experienced this. We hope to have the opportunity to make this up to you.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

For an Intercontinental, we were disappointed in this hotel.

The location was attached to a hospital. And was a few blocks away from an "Inmate Rehabilitation Center." Both facts that our travel agent should have perhaps advised.

When we arrived, we struggled getting our luggage out of the car trunk, while several valets/front door men looked on. None helped, or even made an effort to help until we were well into the lobby and at the front desk - at that point, why bother?

We waited to check in. The front desk staff kindly "upgraded" our rooms without comment or request, which was lovely.

Overall, the room itself was bright, clean, roomy and had recently been rennovated.

I had to call the concierge about something. They sent someone right up, but the man (while able to help me) seemed bothered and annoyed from the moment He arrived at the door (like he hated his job, and hated the fact that someone called upon him to do anything). Not exactly the level of service that I would expect from the Intercontinental.

My room faced a courtyard, but my colleague's faced the street and she was woken up several times during the night.

I would think twice about staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank tempscreenname
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear tempscreenname,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. I am sorry you were disappointed with the location of our hotel. We are a property operated by the Cleveland Clinic and so this is the reason for our location on the Cleveland Clinic Campus. The Campus is secured by the Cleveland Clinic Police who are stationed within the grounds. We pride our facilities as being very safe and incident free in big part for this very reason and as such I do apologize if you felt unsafe or unsecure while staying with us.

I am disheartened that you were not immediately assisted with your luggage, that you had to wait to check-in and that your expectations were not met by our concierge. I sincerely apologize as this is not our standard of service. I assure you that your comments are duly noted and that we will work our hardest to ensure this is not repeated.

We do hope to have the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you come to Cleveland.

Rochester, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Was moved from the other InterContinental because of renovations. Walk to conference in the other Intercontinental was difficult with foot injury. Was informed of move to other hotel by email with no explanation of reason for move or that it was a different hotel. If my admin assistant hadn't noticed the switch in address I would have missed it. Replacement hotel was nice though and fairly close. Left a nice gift of fresh fruit and chocolates. Room is actually a suite with small sitting area, frig, Keurig and microwave. Oversize bathrobe and slippers were appreciated. Great valet parking was helpful in bad weather. C2 restaurant was excellent. Hostess and waitress very accommodating. Chocolate lava cake dessert was scrumptious. Not much else in the area for dining or nightlife as the Clinic seems to own most of the property.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Bob N
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Bob N.,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your stay with us.

Firstly, I apologize for the lack of explanation for your move. I will follow up to ascertain why you were not properly informed. However I am pleased that you found our Suites Hotel to your liking. I will be sure to share your feedback with our C2 Restaurant staff. I am also pleased that you found our location to be ideal for service at the Cleveland Clinic.

We hope to see you the next time you venture to Cleveland and hope to make it a more memorable stay for you.

Again, thank you for your feedback!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I was supposed to stay I the regular intercontinental but was moved because they re renovating rooms over there. Very nice people, decent room, neighborhood ok, but don't walk at night, need taxis for restaurants. Was treated well there

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank FunTravelerXOXO
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear FunTraveler XOXO,

Thank you for your feedback which I will share with our staff. We are thrilled to know that you felt well-treated and we are grateful that you were understanding about being moved to our Suites Hotel. We hope to see you on your next trip to Cleveland!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

This hotel functions primarily for visitors /families to and of The Cleveland Clinic. It is an overall attractive facility-not particularly fancy -but attractive nonetheless. The service is excellent. There was one night that I woke up dying of thirst and called room service at 2 AM for a cranberry juice and a ginger ale-the concierge brought both up to me in 5 minutes at no charge. Rooms are clean, and there is turn down service nightly . The heat can get very hot however, as there doesn't seem to be true control of the thermostat. I usually kept the heat off and was perfectly fine temperature wise even with the 20 degree , snowy Cleveland weather. Good experience.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Maria S,

It is always nice to see that our guests enjoy their stay with us. We are happy that you were pleased with the overall attractiveness of the hotel as well as our service levels.

I do apologize for the limited control you had over the temperature in your room however. Our rooms work on a two-pipe system which limits our ability to adjust room temperature. If you have any concerns with your room on future stays please do not hesitate to contact the Front Desk.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

My only complaint about my recent stay is that my room (on 8th floor) was uncomfortably hot, even with the heat off, window open and weather outside 20 degrees. Otherwise, the room was spacious and nicely appointed. The staff was very nice and helpful, and the public areas off the lobby inviting. The longest wait I ever had for the shuttle was 5 minutes. All in all, I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Although my room on the 8th floor was hot, it was nice to be on an upper floor because of the noise...