“Great Hotel, Spacious Suites - Restaurant Lacking” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Great Hotel, Spacious Suites - Restaurant Lacking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel, about five miles from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame that we came to Cleveland to see. The front desk staff, valets and parking attendants were all cheerful and helpful. The rooms were very big, with small kitchenette, living room and separate bedroom. Large bathrooms too. All very clean and comfortable. Two TVs in each suite too. Coin operated "laundry lounge" on second floor, a bit expensive but very convenient. Close to both the Baseball and Football stadiums as well. The restaurant for breakfast was a bit out of whack. The staff seemed confused as to who took care of what tables and you had to ask for anything you needed like refills on coffee. I would stay at the hotel again, but I would skip the restaurant, however room service was good and reasonably quick.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ExecutiveOffice_AS, Administrative Assistant at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear ZumaDawg,

Thank you for sharing your positive experiences during your recent trip to Cleveland and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. We are thrilled to know that our staff meet all of your expectations and you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Executive Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

this staff at this SUITES LOCATION is wonderful.... linda B ., helped me with our room when making arrangements to arrive asap due to my husbands illness.... SHE COULD NOT HAVE BEEN NICER!!!!

on arrival , the front desk made it smooth and fast, so my husband could get to his room after a 12 hour day of traveling....

a couple things are :
the rooms away from the elev.are less noise!!! rooms on the odd side are louder due to traffic, and the odd are quiter from the parking lot as a view. altho, the cars did not bother us one bit!!!
THE ROOMS ON THE AMBASSADOR FL are a must in my opinion. it has a seperate bed room and that is helpful when someone is ill and needs to sleep, not to mention the small refrig. and with small freezer and the microwave... ask to get a driver to drive you to daves grocery up the road a bit and you can buy plastic silverware, and plastic plates bc the hotel does not provide them. it was something i found out later, so went back to the store and that helped me with making a small lunch etc in the room.
the main building of the clinic has a MOES, mcdonalds, and subway that you can walk to easily and the hotel offers free wheelchairs if needed for a loved one. the shuttles run every 15 min and that helps when going around the clinic to appts from building to building. the hotel offers a service to take you to the hall of fame downtown, groceries and even rite aid etc. just ask , they will help you when the van is avail!!!!
ROOMSERVICE WAS SPOT ON THE FIRST AM WE ORDERED IT, wonderful and classy,... THE NEXT TWO TIMES WAS NOT WORTH IT, maybe that was just rare...... but , i was shocked the hotel did not seem to make up for the dissapointment ... thought maybe something would be sent (even a simple couple drinks or choc's and a wine ... i dont know,,, something to show it mattered ....) the lady delivered room service the 2nd time spilled drinks on the tablecloth and didnt want me to keep the table with the settings all set up etc, it was very unclassy for the money we spent.... and the 3rd order to the room was so long, i just went downstairs and asked for it to be packed for me to carry to the room and they forgot silverware, bread, and the pasta was hard as a rock with barely any sauce,,,, .... my words of advice would be to ask for it to be cghecked before you carry it to the room :) the ladies at the food area were very nice and i am sure they will double check if you ask... I JUST DID NOT EXSPECT TO HAVE TO ASK....
other then that, we enjoyed the happy hour in the lounge nightly (mon threw fri) and the bartenders were very nice,,,, remembered us by name and what we liked to drink etc. munchies at happy hour is a nice touch... a little snack was nice, before ordering dinner...

roomservice will do what you ask, if you want something extra.. very nice

we were at the hotel 12 nights and it was great being close to the er, hospital and clinic buildings! we felt the staff can handle a ER easily, bc my husband had a er and they were spot on with gettting us help to the ER ASAP! very assuring!!!!

stay here! IT IS WORTH THE MONEY FOR BEING SO CLOSE TO THE CLINIC!!!! NEED ANYTHING JUST ASK, they will help.

PS the driver pete was wonderful, so kind !! even helped me my first day , getting around... and cared to ask about what i needed to make our stay more comfortable!
SIAM (spelling??? , we called him SAM ) IS SOOOOOOOOOOO NICE! WOW, very helpful and gets you where you need to be with his driving the hotel van....

BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL, Hope we do not need to be here for medical reasons again, but if we do i will be staying here again!
WE WILL PASS Y OUR HOTEL ONTO FRIENDS AND FAMILY COMING HERE IN THE FUTURE!

BIG HUGS to the check in girls!!!

Room Tip: ask for high up as possible for view ask for even numb for non road view odd number for view of th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ExecutiveOffice_AS, Administrative Assistant at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear travel201320132013,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience during your recent trip to the InterContinental Suites and Cleveland Clinic. We certainly take great pride in offering excellent customer service to all of our guests, especially during a stressful time. We are thrilled to know that our staff met all of your expectations and you enjoyed your stay. We also appreciate the accolades to Linda, Pete, Saimir and our front desk staff for helping to make your stay memorable. I do apologize that you felt the in-room dining experience lacked consistency but hope this doesn’t deter you from staying with us again! Thank you for sharing your travel tips with other potential visitors. We hope to have the pleasure to serve you again should you decide to vacation in Cleveland. Well wishes to your husband!

Pittsburgh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I had previously stayed at the sister Intercontinental Hotel on Carnegie Ave, which was wonderful, so we thought that the "Suites" would be even better...turns out we were very wrong. The room was dull and looked like it needed some functional and aesthetic updates. The toilet kept "running" and the air conditioner was blowing hot air (and this was the end of April when it was already warm and sunny out). In addition, there were some hairs on the bedsheets, which is always a big turnoff. Overnight, while we were trying to sleep, our neighbors thought it was a good idea to be having a party and slamming their door over and over again. I complained to the front desk and asked to be moved to a different room or to their affiliate hotel, and that was not accommodated; instead they had a security guard tell the room to "quiet down", which did not end up detering their behavior. We had planned to stay a second day, but after a sleepless night we asked to cancel our reservation. Explaining the situation to the front desk, they admitted that several other guests had canceled their 2nd nights reservation because of this party room. Huh? Why where the loud guests not asked to leave? Instead the hotel let multiple unhappy guests leave with no consolation. Overall, this choice in hotel ended up being a very unpleasant stay that ruined our trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ExecutiveOffice_AS, Administrative Assistant at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear MollyPgh,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We appreciate and value all feedback we receive and we are very disappointed to hear about your stay. Please accept our deepest apology for the experience you had with your room accommodations and the handling of your noise complaint. The InterContinental Hotel is accustomed to providing a high level of service and luxury for all of our guests and I am sorry to hear that on this occasion we fell below those expectations. We hope to restore your confidence in the InterContinental Brand and the InterContinental Suites Hotel and hope you stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Cleveland. Once again thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

“Cleveland Clinic and its Hotels Outstanding caregivers”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 NEW
Last thursday 15th., was Cleveland Clinic´s Guest-House closing date. I believe a student facility of some kind is going to be buit. I went by hoping to be able to say good bye to Mona Hana, Front Office Supervisor. She was, as always, warmly and efficiently managing a difficult situation in Arabic, language I realized she is also fluent in.
My husband and I come from México and stayed at the Guest-House last may. He had a procedure in preparation to open heart surgery las August 30th. Unfortunately, he had a small clog and stroke, but fortunately it was in ICU unit, so it was rapidly attended. We are now in rehab and hope he will regain all his speech abilities sometime in the near future.
I am staying at the Inter-continental Conference Center. They have honored our price and reservation dates. Transition was difficult, specially at the most difficult moments. Front Office´s have been caregivers for me, and they have really exceeded my expectations. Many have gone out of their way to help me at the hotel and I could not name them all at this moment, but for now, I do want to specially mention two people I now consider my friends: Colleen and Helene. The Director of the front office was very caring also.
I missed not being able to say good-bye to Mona Hana. Mona in Spanish means nice, but she was definitely much more than nice to me. She is very efficient and goes out of her way to help. Her true- caring concern regarding my husband´s condition, after 3 months really exceeds every expectacion. Families, we are very important caregivers for the patients of Cleveland Clinic, and every-day, just to see Mona´s caring smile and your soothing voice helped me be a better caregiver.
Thank you, Mona; I have been alone and you were there for me, and I SINCERELY HOPE THAT THE CLEVELAND CLINIC does not loose such an outstanding caregiver.
Hildegard M. Silva

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
ExecutiveOffice_AS, Administrative Assistant at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Hildegard M,

Thank you for sharing your experiences and writing such a thoughtful, heartfelt review in regards to the service that you have received over the years. We have a wonderful team who often work with guests during stressful times and take great pride in making their stay one last thing to worry about. Thank you for acknowledging a few that have made your experience amazing! I have passed on your comments to all of our colleagues and will send the three colleagues you mentioned a special thank you on behalf of the hotel. We are certainly thrilled to know that you continue to enjoy our services and that you took the time to post your positive comments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Well wishes,
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 15 nights while I had surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. The suite's living area with a small kitchen and built in table for two was well planned. The bedroom's beds were very comfortable, and the bath was excellent with good counter and shelf space. Maid service was a bit spotty, and several times we had to call in the late afternoon to get service. The restaurant's food was very good although the dining room was always excessively cold. The front desk was a mixed bag. Some of the workers were very helpful but others bordered on being rude. The bellmen and car valets were excellent. The proximity to the Cleveland Clinic is perfect.

Room Tip: Avoid a room near the elevators, which emit a loud ding passing every floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ExecutiveOffice_AS, Administrative Assistant at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Robert L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with our team following your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location, accommodations and food selection in C2. I do however apologize that you were unable to dine comfortably due to the temperature. We are most sorry to hear that some our team did not live up to your expectations and to our own standards.

Again, we regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel and hope to offer you a more pleasant stay in the future.

Regards,
Rawson, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Used this hotel during a family members treatment at Cleveland Clinic. Hotel within 1/2 block of hospital so having to park every day at hospital was non-essential. Hotel rooms were very clean, up-to-date, had the fridge/micro-wave/ kitchen-ette and dining table to store needs for the week. Went to the bar one evening, very quiet and modern. 2 evenings used room service and had quick response to my late evening request. Only issue was the delay in getting checked out, but not enough to deter me from using this location again.

Room Tip: Recommend the rooms to the side of the Clinic's employee parking garage, quiet due to no street...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding. The wedding was at the Cleveland auto museum at the Western Reserve Historical Society. Hotel is nice. Breakfast buffet was ok, but they could use a few more staff members, since they could not keep the buffet stocked. It's overpriced, but convenient. Rooms are clean and big.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland? Share your experiences!