“3 1/2 Star Hotel with a 4 Star Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
pittsburgh
“3 1/2 Star Hotel with a 4 Star Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The rooms in this hotel are spacious as I had a king sized bedroom, large bath and separate living room area. The clean room contains everything you need (including HD TV and a Keurig coffee maker - although I could have used some black magic blend). Nothing fancy and no frills or real aesthetics to speak of - just solid.

In my opinion this is a 3 1/2 star property. However, what made my experience memorable was the quality of the staff - from check-in to check-out I encountered people who actually cared about making my visit special. Top on my list was Yossef, my server in the onsite restaurant, C2 (the food was above average). After a long, hard day, his diligence to detail was just what I needed.

If you need a comfortable place to stay where staff will work to meet your needs, this is an excellent choice in Cleveland.

Room Tip: I was in room 819 - right near the elevator. But because of the white noise machine in the room (lov...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear bigdog6668,

We value and appreciate every guest review we receive. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on our 4 Star Staff. I have shared your comments with my colleagues and recognized them for their remarkable service.

We look forward to having you as our guest again.
Stay Well,
Business Travel Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
saginaw mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

3rd time at this hotel for us and we will be going back. The only problem we found are the very uncomfortable couches in the suites. However, the friendliness of the entire staff makes up for it.
Nina especially... Our breakfast server... and who wouldn't want to wake up to her friendliness and efficiency?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at the InterCon Suites Hotel in Cleveland for two nights this past weekend. Very nice--almost luxurious--room for $115.00/night plus $37 and change taxes and fees. Valet parking was $16.00/night but in and out was no problem. Front desk and concierge services were excellent and when I had a problem logging into the WiFi they came immediately and fixed it--probably in less than two minutes. I didn't use the food services as I had booked at L'Albatros for both nights. (Which I also highly recommend!). Checkout was fast and valet service good.

I'd happily stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Dennis D,

Thank you for sharing your experiences of your recent stay. We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I recently stayed at the Suites with my mother and sister while my father was at Cleveland Clinic for major surgery. The facility itself met our needs perfectly, but what really made a difference to me was the excellent staff. Every person I came into contact with had genuine concern for our comfort as well as my fathers condition.

The front desk staff, doormen and valets were all very professional and ready to assist with anything we may need. On the rare occasion that we needed to get to the clinic when a shuttle wasn't readily available they were quick to provide us with a ride.

Unlike most hotel restaurants that I have experienced the food at C2 was excellent both in the dining room and in our room. The staff in the restaurant was fantastic, their concern for dad was genuine and obvious.

Our room was kept very clean by our housekeeper Tamia who provided us with extra towels and coffee along with a big smile whenever we saw her.

As of today, Dad is still recovering at the Clinic, and Mom is still staying at the Suites. My siblings and I were able to return to our jobs in large part because we knew they would both be well cared for. From the bottom of my heart Thank You to the excellent staff at the Suites!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear 610markc610,

I am pleased you and your family were our guests. Thank you for recognizing the genuine care and professionalism the associates showed to you and your family.

Wishing everyone a healthy 2013!
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I'm bitter over one thing. This one thing would make me not stay here again. It's basically a Holiday Inn with nice furniture. My major beef is there guest laundry facility. This is suppose to be a service to there guest. It's price gouging. $5.00 to wash and $4.00 to dry. Fluff and fold is almost the same price as this. I travel quite often and do my own laundry in many hotels. This is more then double of most places. TIP: there's a coin opp down the street that is reasonable go there and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Bkcarico,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments of your recent stay. With our renovations in 2011, we added a Laundry Lounge as an amenity for our guests and provide them with an option to launder their own laundry. This additional amenity is not a standard for InterContinental Hotels; however, we felt our guests would benefit from having one on property.

I hope you will reconsider staying with us the next time you visit Cleveland.

Ashburn, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

A hotel that caters to hospital patients refuses to turn on the AC. We called the front desk on our first night to tell them we had our thermostat set on 65 and couldn't get anything but warm air. They sent up an engineer who told us the chillers had not been turned on yet and to open the windows. Worked okay the first night which was cooler. The next day was short sleeve weather and still no AC on. Returned from the hospital after heart surgery and our room was 78 degrees. We left the room with the blackout curtains shut to help keep the room cooler. We called the front desk and the Asst. Manager and could not get the air turned on. Do Not Stay here without confirming if they have decided to switch from heat to AC or you will be miserable! After surgery, we had to pack up and move to another hotel!

We stayed at this hotel in February as well and did not have this problem, but it was bitter cold at that time, not warm. This hotel decides which system to turn on, heat or AC. Their choice may not be your choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SandKVA,

I sincerely apologize your stay with us was not pleasant. It is true the hotel has a two pipe HVAC system and the chillers were not yet turned on. When the weather becomes warmer than usual, we have to consider many things including how warm are the nights and how many days is the warm weather expected to last.

Again, I apologize your recent stay was unsatisfactory and I have shared your comments with the management team to look for ways to improve our current procedures.

Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Intercontinental Suites Hotel and while the hotel facilities are nice, the hotel staff is unhelpful and dishonest in my experience. I arrived at the hotel around 11 am after a red-eye flight and upon check in, asked the front desk staff if there were any rooms available for check in. In almost every other hotel I've been to, there are a few rooms available for early check-in, if other guests have departed early and the cleaning staff have prepared the room. Without even bothering to take a single minute to check on the status of their rooms, the front desk attendant just said "NO" and then refused to even look. I had an important event later that day around 2 pm that I was hoping to take a shower and get dressed for, but I was forced to wait in the lobby and then go straight there after having spent the night on an airplane. I am personally perplexed at how the hotel staff managed to know there were no rooms available WITHOUT EVER BOTHERING TO LOOK when people are constantly checking out of their rooms around that time in the morning.

Another instance is when I called the hotel to ask for information on any public transportation options to go from the airport to the hotel. Now, I'm not that familiar with Cleveland but I have heard about their RTA system. The hotel staff that answered my phone call repeatedly insisted that "There is no way to get from the airport to the hotel except by taking our cab service" and provided no further explanation. It would be understandable if they did not advise this option because of safety issues or another reason, but it seems just proposterous that they would straight out deny that there is public transportation that gets you here from the airport.

All in all, the hotel rooms are nice and the beds are comfortable, but the staff they have are either only helpful to people who are extremely wealthy and flash their wealth or they are just completetly misinformed, stupid, and lazy. I personally expect "the best hotel in Cleveland" to treat their customers with more class.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear NoneofyourbusinessA,

I apologize that you did not receive the InterContinental experience and what makes our hotel the Best in Cleveland. We strive to ensure our guests receive the best attention, which includes being knowledgeable of our local transportation. I have discussed this with our management team so we can ensure all of our associates are providing correct information to everyone.

Thank you for sharing your comments with us.
Business Travel Sales Manager

Been to InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland? Share your experiences!