“Comfortable and good location for health care” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cleveland, Ohio
“Comfortable and good location for health care”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in this hotel, which is across the street from the Cleveland Clinic. It is thus very convenient if you are going there. Most rooms are suites and reasonably large and comfortable. There is some street noise from time to time, but otherwise it seemed to be quiet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear GeneDoc57,

We value all of our guest comments and we are happy you found the hotel to be comfortable and convenient during your trip to Cleveland.

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel.

Business Travel Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Munster, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed at this property for almost three weeks due to a family member's hospitalization. It was convenient and has an updated decor and nice restaurant. The suites provided a place to rest with comfortable beds and a small refrigerator. We appreciated the valet service on cold Cleveland mornings. The exercise room was adequate. The only complaints we had is that they didn't make up the room on more than one occasion, and they charged $8 for three scrambled eggs at the restaurant! The location is great if you have to be at the Cleveland Clinic. It is not as nice as the Intercontinental down the street, but more affordable

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear MamaG3,

Thank you for staying with us while caring for a family member at the Cleveland Clinic. We are glad to know you enjoyed the amenities of the suites during your long stay. Also thank you for taking the time to share your complaints and bringing it to our attention. We strive to make every guests stay enjoyable.

New Philadelphia, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I made a mistake when making the reservation with Expedia by typing the date for the reservation instead of using the calendar and made the reservation for 1/18/2013 instead of 1/28/2013 but didn't notice my mistake until after I received my confirmation and it mentioned the day of the week and I knew right away that I had made the mistake. I called withing two minutes and tried to change the date to the correct date and was told too bad they had already charged my credit card and there was nothing they could do. Yes I made the mistake but if I called withing a few minutes why could I not even change the reservation? I had even stayed the previous night and would have stayed many more nights since my husband is ill and must go to The Cleveland Clinic but I don't feel this is good customer service. I would have given this hotel 5 stars for their service until this happened.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear happyohiotraveler718,

Thank you for your feedback of our property. It is pleasing to know that you found our location to be convenient for your needs. I am very sorry about the inconvenience you may have experienced with your reservation. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve and your feedback is one resource of improving what we can offer.

Again, my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We booked a one-night stay through Hotels.com and got the non-refundable price. My husband was being seen at the Mellen Center, which was directly across the street so this was a huge plus. You must valet park here, which I knew in advance. The hotel is very nice. We were in room 503, which was all the way down the hall so I could not hear the elevators, which was a big plus. The room was very nice. Could have used some fresh paint in a couple of spots and the edge of the carpeting was coming up where the title in the little 'kitchen' area was, but it was clean. The beds were very comfortable although my bed made quite a bit of squeaking noise (first bed when you walk into the bedroom) when rolling over, etc. The windows open, which I loved. Yes, you hear lots of traffic, but my husband likes the room warm so while it was hot in the bedroom, I was able to open the living room windows and cool off. The free internet was very good and very fast. The neighbor around the hotel is not the greatest, but we felt very safe. We arrived at 6 p.m. and went to the hotel restaurant. Rather expensive for small portions. Beware the pasta as it is very spicy. I had to send it back and the waitress said this happens quite often. If you do not have to go to the main hospital clinic this is a very nice hotel for less money than the Intercontinental that is attached to the main clinic. If we ever have to come back to the Clinic or just to Cleveland we would stay again. Very satisfied.

Room Tip: Like others have said the elevators are super noisy so don't stay across from them.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear linfull,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive expereince. We are thrilled to know you enjoyed the stay and look forward to your next visit should you need to travel to Cleveland again.

Hattiesburg, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

A couple of things that I would like to point out. Hotel has perfect location for visit to the Clinic. You can walk 5 min. to the Clinic and a food court with many choices. Most are only open for lunch but there are some open at night and one specialty sandwich shop open 24 hrs. Had coffee at the hotel but don't eat breakfast.
I ate at G2 in the hotel first night there. It was $60 for 1 person and the portions were very small. I ate lunch the next day at the food court for less than $6. Good service, food and presentation at G2, however. Don't get stuck in a room by the elevator. The bell identifying the floors could be toned down considerably. It is so loud you can hear amost every floor til it gets to yours and if you're a light sleeper it will wake you up when it passes your floor. I was awakened at 12:50 a.m. once.
I must emphasize rooms are nice, roomy, comfortable and clean as are most Intercontinentals.
I had an early flight and went downstairs to ask for a taxi since I was told the night before taxis are readily available within min. but let me have you talk to the bellman, The number rang several times and no one picked up so I hung up. Next morning I was told a taxi would take an hour but a private company would take about 15 min. I didn't believe it would take a taxi an hr., never has, but shrugged it off. 35 min. later the private company arrived to pick me up. It was a completely unmarked passenger van like a Honda or Dodge or the sort. I felt uncomfortable in an unmarked vehicle not knowing if it was insured or not. If not so late I would have asked for a bonded taxi company. It was more expensive than the Yellow Cab I took from the airport by the way. Overall I was satisfied and will stay next time I'm in Cleveland, but will eat at the Food Court, not stay in a room by the overly noisy elevator and arrange for a taxi myself.

Room Tip: Again, don't stay close to elevator if you're a light sleeper, which many are. Wish I was on...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear gigi9341,

Thank you for being our guest and we are pleased your stay was satisfying. We value your comments and can understand not being comfortable in an unknown car. Please know the employees of the hotel would not offer a service that would harm any of our guests. The hotel has a contract with a respected, licensed, and insured local limousine company to provide transportation services for our guests. One of our requirements is that a sedan be on-site to assist with transportation needs.

Again thank you and we look forward to having you as our guest again.
Otis, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Booked a room for 2 nights at this hotel on the Holiday Inn website. I travel for business and I am a platium member for Priority Clubs so I do this all the time, I did not notice though that the first rates that comes up on their website are non - refundalble rates. Two days before my stay was to begin I went back on the website and cancelled my reservations and received a cancellation number. I thought all was well. I was surprised then to see the total 2 night stay charged to my credit card, When I called the hotel they were adamant that I must pay for the entire 2 night stay even though I had a cancellation number, Since I travel for business and stayed in a different city that night I had to pay this out of my pocket. Travelers should be wary when booking a room at this hotel becuse if you make a mistake you will pay for the entire mistake.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear wallyT,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum Member with our loyalty program. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences the cancellation charges have caused you. To ensure that our policy is listed and clearly visible, I went through the entire booking process/cancellation on the website to verify your experience. The website lists our lowest available rates first; which happens to be the advance purchase non-refundable rates. The booking and cancellation process also have several notifications of our Terms and Conditions for booking the Advance Purchase and requires you to accept them. I sympathize with your situation and understand mistakes can occur.

Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

My husband had surgery here in October at the Cleveland Clinic. We stayed in a suite so there was a seperate bedroom, plus a living room, dining area, fridge, and coffe maker, microwave.
So happy we stayed here. It was two blocks from clinic, a 5 min walk. I went back and forth all day long. Woukd go visit my husband in the morning, take a break and go home, go back and visit, then back to hotel. It was nice to be so close and then nice to get away a bit.
I have no idea why anyone would stay here if they weren't visiting the clinic/hospital. It's a medical area, sirens, ambulances, helicopters. Lots of activity but they are #1 for hearts in the nation for 18 years so you just got to ignore the noise.
I loved staying here. The food was so delicious from the resturaunt downstairs. The hospital had Au Bon Pain, Subway, McDonald's, a burrito place kind of like Qdoba and then hospital buffet food. That all got kind of tiring. Try the portabella, goat cheese sandwich and the veggie wrap at the hotel resturaunt it was A+.
Very clean. I was a little nervous walking back to hotel alone after dark. Never left later than 9pm but I didn't feel scared. Seemed to be people out. Lots of shuttles to and from hotel but I preferred to walk.
After my husband got out of the hospital we stayed a few more days and he slept alot. Day before we left I took this bus/ shuttle to the nicest mall it was free. The first time I asked about it I was told there was no free bus but there was. It picks you up and drops you. It may not be called a shuttle, it may be provided by Cleveland clinic but if u ask enough people they will direct you. We didn't have a car and didn't need one. The few hours at the mall was nice to shake the hospital feeling after so many days.
we were happy we stayed here.

• Stayed October 2012
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear AlaskansNeedtotravel,

Thank you for being our guest and sharing your experience with others. We appreciate and value your comments.

Happy New Year!