“Not a Resort but Best Place to Stay For Surgery” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Alaska
“Not a Resort but Best Place to Stay For Surgery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

My husband had surgery here in October at the Cleveland Clinic. We stayed in a suite so there was a seperate bedroom, plus a living room, dining area, fridge, and coffe maker, microwave.
So happy we stayed here. It was two blocks from clinic, a 5 min walk. I went back and forth all day long. Woukd go visit my husband in the morning, take a break and go home, go back and visit, then back to hotel. It was nice to be so close and then nice to get away a bit.
I have no idea why anyone would stay here if they weren't visiting the clinic/hospital. It's a medical area, sirens, ambulances, helicopters. Lots of activity but they are #1 for hearts in the nation for 18 years so you just got to ignore the noise.
I loved staying here. The food was so delicious from the resturaunt downstairs. The hospital had Au Bon Pain, Subway, McDonald's, a burrito place kind of like Qdoba and then hospital buffet food. That all got kind of tiring. Try the portabella, goat cheese sandwich and the veggie wrap at the hotel resturaunt it was A+.
Very clean. I was a little nervous walking back to hotel alone after dark. Never left later than 9pm but I didn't feel scared. Seemed to be people out. Lots of shuttles to and from hotel but I preferred to walk.
After my husband got out of the hospital we stayed a few more days and he slept alot. Day before we left I took this bus/ shuttle to the nicest mall it was free. The first time I asked about it I was told there was no free bus but there was. It picks you up and drops you. It may not be called a shuttle, it may be provided by Cleveland clinic but if u ask enough people they will direct you. We didn't have a car and didn't need one. The few hours at the mall was nice to shake the hospital feeling after so many days.
we were happy we stayed here.

• Stayed October 2012
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear AlaskansNeedtotravel,

Thank you for being our guest and sharing your experience with others. We appreciate and value your comments.

285 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

On campus of Cleveland Clinic and convenient to Case Western Reserve University. Breakfast was very good, with lots of choices and plenty of fresh fruit. Staff was vey good and helpful. Would definately recommend and will stay again next time I am in Cleveland.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear theutican,

Thank you for being our guest recently and we certainly look forward to your next visit.

Fort Collins, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

The service at this hotel is amazing, everyone is smiling and happy to help. The only downside was that's it's not really in walking distance to anything, you really have to take a can to get anywhere. The high tech conference rooms were great!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear kimmyk2314,

Thank you for staying with us in November and sharing your great experiences.

Happy New Year,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We recently stayed here while in town for a concert at the Quicken Loans Arena. I feel that I knew it wasn't exactly in the downtown area, but was ok with the location since I had planned on checking out the museums and the University Circle area. This hotel is hard to spot while driving by but is right on the Cleveland Clinic campus and is a short distance from the art museums and Little Italy. However, it is a good distance from downtown and many other neighborhoods of the city, so research your transportation plan if you're coming. Also, the valet parking is reasonable and allows in-and-out privileges if you are planning to drive.

That said, I really was happy to stay here for the rate and the comfort and amenities. While not as upscale as some of the other Intercontinental Properties, it is still a very comfortable, clean and well-appointed hotel. I would have been happy to stay here during my days of heavy business travel. This is a big step up from other suites I've stayed in.

If I were in town again, I would definitely consider the Intercontinental Suites.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear PittTrvlr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your stay at the hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed the hotel and certainly look forward to your next visit.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Absolutely awesome place to stay. We are SOOOOO glad we didn't end up at the Hilton. The taff was great and the restaurant was supurb. Check in and check out was perfect. What a great introduction to Cleveland.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Jim C,

We are glad you stayed at the InterContinental Hotel as well! Thank you for excellent reviews and comments and hope you will stay with us again.

Bethany, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Cleveland Clinic is walking distance close. Lunch had a portobello burger with side salad. Yummy. Lots of low calorie healthy food on the menu with calories. If you want other fried foods for example they are also available.

Stayed October 2012
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Okrernt3209,

Thank you for sharing your lunch experience at C2 and hopefully the next vist to Cleveland you will also stay with us.

Stay well,
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I recently traveled to Cleveland for surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. I had previously stayed at the Cleveland Clinic Guesthouse, which I believe is another InterContinental managed property (though not even in the same league as the suites). This time I brought my family and we decided to stay at the InterContinental Suites property. What a wonderful stay. The service was outstanding, the restaurant was surprisingly good, and the room was fantastic. I'll go into detail below:

Service: From the valet (I know...it's contracted out, but still, it's part of the hotel) to the front desk and the housekeeping staff, everyone was very friendly. The housekeeping staff actually took the time to ask how my recovery was going and to wish me luck. Little things like that make a huge difference. The front desk staff were cheery and helpful as well.

Restaurant: This one was kind of a shocker. The decor was not spectacular, but the food was fantastic. Healthy (yet very flavorful) choices, and the cappuccino was memorable. Our waiter was very attentive as well. Very pleasant experience.

Room: The suites are spacious and laid out very well. As I recovered from my procedure, I really appreciated the layout of the room and how easy it was to navigate.

Now here's the only downside. We visited right in the late summer/early fall time frame. It was a bit chilly at night and it warmed up nicely during the day. Unfortunately, the entire hotel is apparently on the same HVAC unit and it's either on heat or A/C (remember dorms in college? Yeah, it's like that). They had already made the switch over to heat, so our room was quite toasty. In fact, we had to open the windows at night. If you travel there in the "in-between" seasons like we did, I would recommend getting a room on a lower level so not as much heat gets to you.

Overall, I was very pleased. The hotel is only a block or two from the hospital, it's well lit and safe, and it definitely caters to patients and families. If you're going to Cleveland Clinic for anything, I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel over the Guesthouse.

Room Tip: If you're traveling in early October, book a room on a lower floor. Once they make the switch o...