“Great Location for University and Hospital Areas” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Location for University and Hospital Areas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We recently stayed here while in town for a concert at the Quicken Loans Arena. I feel that I knew it wasn't exactly in the downtown area, but was ok with the location since I had planned on checking out the museums and the University Circle area. This hotel is hard to spot while driving by but is right on the Cleveland Clinic campus and is a short distance from the art museums and Little Italy. However, it is a good distance from downtown and many other neighborhoods of the city, so research your transportation plan if you're coming. Also, the valet parking is reasonable and allows in-and-out privileges if you are planning to drive.

That said, I really was happy to stay here for the rate and the comfort and amenities. While not as upscale as some of the other Intercontinental Properties, it is still a very comfortable, clean and well-appointed hotel. I would have been happy to stay here during my days of heavy business travel. This is a big step up from other suites I've stayed in.

If I were in town again, I would definitely consider the Intercontinental Suites.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear PittTrvlr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your stay at the hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed the hotel and certainly look forward to your next visit.

Happy New Year!

Business Travel Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Absolutely awesome place to stay. We are SOOOOO glad we didn't end up at the Hilton. The taff was great and the restaurant was supurb. Check in and check out was perfect. What a great introduction to Cleveland.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Jim C,

We are glad you stayed at the InterContinental Hotel as well! Thank you for excellent reviews and comments and hope you will stay with us again.

Happy New Year!
Bethany, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Cleveland Clinic is walking distance close. Lunch had a portobello burger with side salad. Yummy. Lots of low calorie healthy food on the menu with calories. If you want other fried foods for example they are also available.

Stayed October 2012
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Okrernt3209,

Thank you for sharing your lunch experience at C2 and hopefully the next vist to Cleveland you will also stay with us.

Stay well,
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I recently traveled to Cleveland for surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. I had previously stayed at the Cleveland Clinic Guesthouse, which I believe is another InterContinental managed property (though not even in the same league as the suites). This time I brought my family and we decided to stay at the InterContinental Suites property. What a wonderful stay. The service was outstanding, the restaurant was surprisingly good, and the room was fantastic. I'll go into detail below:

Service: From the valet (I know...it's contracted out, but still, it's part of the hotel) to the front desk and the housekeeping staff, everyone was very friendly. The housekeeping staff actually took the time to ask how my recovery was going and to wish me luck. Little things like that make a huge difference. The front desk staff were cheery and helpful as well.

Restaurant: This one was kind of a shocker. The decor was not spectacular, but the food was fantastic. Healthy (yet very flavorful) choices, and the cappuccino was memorable. Our waiter was very attentive as well. Very pleasant experience.

Room: The suites are spacious and laid out very well. As I recovered from my procedure, I really appreciated the layout of the room and how easy it was to navigate.

Now here's the only downside. We visited right in the late summer/early fall time frame. It was a bit chilly at night and it warmed up nicely during the day. Unfortunately, the entire hotel is apparently on the same HVAC unit and it's either on heat or A/C (remember dorms in college? Yeah, it's like that). They had already made the switch over to heat, so our room was quite toasty. In fact, we had to open the windows at night. If you travel there in the "in-between" seasons like we did, I would recommend getting a room on a lower level so not as much heat gets to you.

Overall, I was very pleased. The hotel is only a block or two from the hospital, it's well lit and safe, and it definitely caters to patients and families. If you're going to Cleveland Clinic for anything, I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel over the Guesthouse.

Room Tip: If you're traveling in early October, book a room on a lower floor. Once they make the switch o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jeremiah D,

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and shared those experiences with everyone. We appreciate all the positive comments and look forward to your next stay with us should you return to Cleveland.

fleurr
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I can't imagine I would stay here for anything other than visiting the clinic but for medical treatment this hotel is perfect. It's lovely to come back to a serene, comfortable and well appointed hotel after a long day that is so well located and only 2 small blocks from the main entrance.

The bed was extremely comfortable, the windows opened which is important to me and the room itself was very nice and spotless. There wasn't much food around the area but the restaurant downstairs which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner was actually very good and I never had a bad meal there. The fruit water in the lobby is a nice touch and delicious.

I will be back to stay again and again whenever I need to visit the clinic and found it a very convenient and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear fleurr,

We look forward to having you as our guest should you need to visit the Cleveland Clinic. Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments with everyone.

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

First off, this is a nice hotel. The suite I got was huge, and had awesome ac/heat and the bed was fluffy and fantastic. In fact, the bed with sheets and all is probably worth a couple grand, and you will sleep like you're sleeping in a bed that costs a couple grand. There were two flat screen tv's (one in the bedroom and one in the living room), and the bathroom has a scale too. The decor is modern, fun, and lively. This is a pricey place to stay in with 1 or 2 people. The couch is a pull out, so the room would be perfect for a family of 4 or 5. Honestly, you could even sleep 4-5 adults there comfortably.

It is a 5 minute walk from all of the cleveland clinic buildings, however parking at the hotel is $16 per day.

Bad aspects included that the entryway light burnt out right when I walked in and turned it on (I miss the reliable incandescent lights of my youth). The toilet ran constantly although I couldn't hear it outside the bathroom due to the thick walls. The worse offense was that the fancy keurig coffee make was broken or too complicated to use. I've used keurig coffee makers successfully before, so this one was likely broken (although to be fair, I didn't have any coffee that morning, so I might have been unable to concentrate or in withdrawal).

Lastly, the in room food service was expensive. $14 for a breakfast (which was nice) plus $3.50 for OJ and I though I'd bee adding a tip to maybe round it out to an even $20. Well lucky for the hotel they included a $2.00 service charge (which I assume they only charge when you request your room service to be delivered to your room?), plus 18% gratuity, and tax too I think, which brought it to just over $25. Since the food was delivered on time, I left a nice "additional tip" of $0.00.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Michael A,

Thank you for choosing the InterContinental Suites Hotel during your visit to the Cleveland Clinic and sharing your experiences during your visit. We are pleased you enjoyed the bedding and our suite. I am sorry for the bad aspects of your stay. I thank you for bringing these to our attention so we can improve our amenities and services.

Winchester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

When we checked in, they were going to give us a room with 2 double beds. When I showed her the reservation was made for a King, she found a room with an air purifier and hypoallergenic appointments. It was lovely. We were very comfortable for the 2 night stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear roadwarrior205,

Thank you for sharing your experiences of the hotel during your recent visit. We are pleased you were comfortable and enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to having you as our guest again.
Business Travel Sales Manager

Been to InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland? Share your experiences!