I recently traveled to Cleveland for surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. I had previously stayed at the Cleveland Clinic Guesthouse, which I believe is another InterContinental managed property (though not even in the same league as the suites). This time I brought my family and we decided to stay at the InterContinental Suites property. What a wonderful stay. The service was outstanding, the restaurant was surprisingly good, and the room was fantastic. I'll go into detail below:
Service: From the valet (I know...it's contracted out, but still, it's part of the hotel) to the front desk and the housekeeping staff, everyone was very friendly. The housekeeping staff actually took the time to ask how my recovery was going and to wish me luck. Little things like that make a huge difference. The front desk staff were cheery and helpful as well.
Restaurant: This one was kind of a shocker. The decor was not spectacular, but the food was fantastic. Healthy (yet very flavorful) choices, and the cappuccino was memorable. Our waiter was very attentive as well. Very pleasant experience.
Room: The suites are spacious and laid out very well. As I recovered from my procedure, I really appreciated the layout of the room and how easy it was to navigate.
Now here's the only downside. We visited right in the late summer/early fall time frame. It was a bit chilly at night and it warmed up nicely during the day. Unfortunately, the entire hotel is apparently on the same HVAC unit and it's either on heat or A/C (remember dorms in college? Yeah, it's like that). They had already made the switch over to heat, so our room was quite toasty. In fact, we had to open the windows at night. If you travel there in the "in-between" seasons like we did, I would recommend getting a room on a lower level so not as much heat gets to you.
Overall, I was very pleased. The hotel is only a block or two from the hospital, it's well lit and safe, and it definitely caters to patients and families. If you're going to Cleveland Clinic for anything, I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel over the Guesthouse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, the region's only "wellness focused" all-suite hotel, is conveniently located right on the Cleveland Clinic campus. An oasis for guests to relax, rejuvenate and improve their overall mental and physical well-being, yet close to the city's most prominent attractions such as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Cleveland Museum of Art and Cleveland Botanical Garden. From the moment you arrive you'll feel the warmth and comfort of a hotel and staff that are focused on assisting you reach your goal of wellness and good health. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotel Cleveland
- Intercontinental Cleveland
- InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland Ohio