“Pricier than it appears, and added fees, and added fees” 3 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Pricier than it appears, and added fees, and added fees”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

First off, this is a nice hotel. The suite I got was huge, and had awesome ac/heat and the bed was fluffy and fantastic. In fact, the bed with sheets and all is probably worth a couple grand, and you will sleep like you're sleeping in a bed that costs a couple grand. There were two flat screen tv's (one in the bedroom and one in the living room), and the bathroom has a scale too. The decor is modern, fun, and lively. This is a pricey place to stay in with 1 or 2 people. The couch is a pull out, so the room would be perfect for a family of 4 or 5. Honestly, you could even sleep 4-5 adults there comfortably.

It is a 5 minute walk from all of the cleveland clinic buildings, however parking at the hotel is $16 per day.

Bad aspects included that the entryway light burnt out right when I walked in and turned it on (I miss the reliable incandescent lights of my youth). The toilet ran constantly although I couldn't hear it outside the bathroom due to the thick walls. The worse offense was that the fancy keurig coffee make was broken or too complicated to use. I've used keurig coffee makers successfully before, so this one was likely broken (although to be fair, I didn't have any coffee that morning, so I might have been unable to concentrate or in withdrawal).

Lastly, the in room food service was expensive. $14 for a breakfast (which was nice) plus $3.50 for OJ and I though I'd bee adding a tip to maybe round it out to an even $20. Well lucky for the hotel they included a $2.00 service charge (which I assume they only charge when you request your room service to be delivered to your room?), plus 18% gratuity, and tax too I think, which brought it to just over $25. Since the food was delivered on time, I left a nice "additional tip" of $0.00.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Michael A,

Thank you for choosing the InterContinental Suites Hotel during your visit to the Cleveland Clinic and sharing your experiences during your visit. We are pleased you enjoyed the bedding and our suite. I am sorry for the bad aspects of your stay. I thank you for bringing these to our attention so we can improve our amenities and services.

Business Travel Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Winchester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

When we checked in, they were going to give us a room with 2 double beds. When I showed her the reservation was made for a King, she found a room with an air purifier and hypoallergenic appointments. It was lovely. We were very comfortable for the 2 night stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear roadwarrior205,

Thank you for sharing your experiences of the hotel during your recent visit. We are pleased you were comfortable and enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to having you as our guest again.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times now while we are treating at the Cleveland Clinic. My husband and I are very impressed with the level of professionalism found in the employees. The front desk was very happy to change our room when I thought that I had booked a suite on line but ended up with a room instead. Since we were going to be there a few days working with the Clinic, we really needed the suite. Within minutes they had fixed the problem and we were in the right setting.

The gentlemen at the front were very good about recommending local things to do and arranging for the hotel shuttle to help us out and making certain we were comfortable.

The only drawback was the fact that although we got a suite, (and it was very clean) there was no silverware or wine glasses. At one point, my husband called and asked for wine glasses to be sent to the room and was told there would be a $6 glass charge added to our bill. The two of us have stayed at some very nice hotels all over the world and have never heard of a glass charge. Nevertheless, we had the wine glasses delivered to the room. I hasten to point out that the $6 glass charge DID NOT appear on the bill so all's well that end's well.

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel and it's employees. I gave it four points because there really should be some dishes and cutlery provided for the suites. It is easy to assume that guests will be patients and siverware would be nice. And maybe someone would want to look into that glass charge thing!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear MEK71,

Thank you for being a loyal guest of the InterContinental Suites Hotel. I have shared with my colleagues your comments regarding their professionalism and providing good local attractions. I apologize for the inconvenience of not having silverward and glasses available in your suite and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We certainly look forward to having you as our guest again.
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel Three times. The first two were uneventful. The third visit was a disaster. The hotel is not all suites. We stayed in a room that was small and close to the elevator, with it bonging all night from floor to floor. We were staying there because I had a procedure late in the day. When we got to our room and ordered room service. I had not eaten in twenty hours so I was really looking forward to a good meal. We ordered a club sandwitch and I oredered a turkey burger,and a bottle of wine for $33.00. My turkey burger was burned and the cheese and mushrooms were dry. I also ordered avacado that I did not receive. My burger was without bread since I am on a gluten free diet was $17.00. The room charge of $2.00 to deliver and the 18.34% gratuity, plus tax brought the bill up to $81.00 dollars. We brought this up with the staff at the front desk. They could not address this and referred us to the manager of the restaurant. We waited for a call back and then waited ten minutes in the lobby for the manager to talk to us. Her approach was to bring a caculater to add the charges up. When we were still not pleased she threw in several 15% off any further orders. She would not address our dissatisfaction. We are members of Priority Club Rewards. This did not help. Given the vulnerability of the sugury I had gone through and the lack of sleep due to the endless bonging of the elevator and the room less than clean, we expected a better response to our complaints. The conveinant location will not influence our choice next time we have to stay in or around Cleveland.

Room Tip: Stay in a suite and away from the elevator and not on eighth floor with air conditioner noises.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear julie18,

We welcome all feedback especially from our loyal guests. Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your third visit with us. We certainly how disappointing you felt after a long day with the late procedure and you were looking forward to a relaxing stay and a good meal.

We take the comments seriously and thank you for bringing them to our attention. We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay and hope that we can restore your confidence in our giving us another opportunity to provide you with excellent InterContinental service.

In the meantime, please contact me directly to discuss in further.

216-707-4182
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for one night. I wanted a hotel with a great place to meet friends visiting Cleveland for a short weekend. The hotel was comfortable. The room well appointed. We had a great breakfast in the restaurant. Lovely lobby to meet other friends not staying in the hotel. A wonderful place to stay in Cleveland near Case Western Reserve University or University Hospitals of Cleveland.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear SharonMCleveland,

We are pleased to hear the your short weekend stay at the hotel was just what you wanted. Thank you for sharing your experience.

We certainly look forward to having you as our guest again.

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

It is a very nice hotel, there is no a lot to dispute about this hotel.
I arrived checking was great /fast.
The sheets had not been change and I say because the same blonde hair in the bathroom I saw in bed. Next morning I stripped the beds.
My last day 5/6 children were playing near the elevator nor did they have manners; their key card did work so they runs through the lobby and cuts the line (where are the parents!) saying fix my key fix my key ..... They were no more than 6 and under.
Overal experience was nice, I don't rate it as a four star and location is not in safe walking distance to downtown. Next street over is horrible . Hotel sits in Cleveland Clinic Area.

• Stayed September 2012
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear A D,

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We are always looking for ways to improve our service and I will share your comments with our colleagues.

Stay well,
Albany, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I loved my one-night stay at this beautiful, spiffy hotel. The decor is sophisticated, modern and sleak. The suite was super clean and roomy. The bed was so comfortable. I wish I could've stayed longer. I can't say too much more about this establishment, as I spent very little time here, but I have a great first impression and would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear familytraveler07,

We are thrilled you enjoyed our hotel and look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you for your comments and taking the time to share them.