We spent two weeks at the Intercontinental Suites at the Cleveland Clinic while my husband was having open heart surgery. Overall, our experience was pleasant. The room was very quiet and comfortable, and it was very nice to have a separate living room and bedroom for our long stay. We could have used a more complete kitchen facility, as they only provide a small fridge and a microwave, and a small amount of storage space. We did have some minor irritations with the housekeeping, which tended to come either very early in the morning or around 5:00 p.m., neither or which was very convenient for us, and we ended up sending them away several times. We also thought that the overall housekeeping could have been better, as the hallway frequently needed a vacuuming, and room service trays sat in the hallway all day. We also found the free shuttle service to be less than accomodating several times, depending on who happened to be driving.
One thing to note--there are no good restaurants in the area, so staying for a long period of time presents dining challenges. The hotel's room service is ok (not great) but very expensive for what it is. The hospital has a cafeteria, a Starbucks, a McDonalds, a Mexican fast food place, and an Au Bon Pain, but all of that gets old quickly. There is also a small deli and a Lebanese places across the street from the hospital, but neither are particularly good. Little Italy is only a couple of miles down the road, and there are some good restaurants there. My advice is to eat there and bring back leftovers and extras, if you'll be staying in the area for a while. You can use the small fridge for the leftovers and heat them up in the microwave. Otherwise, you'll tire of the offerings in the area very quickly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, the region's only "wellness focused" all-suite hotel, is conveniently located right on the Cleveland Clinic campus. An oasis for guests to relax, rejuvenate and improve their overall mental and physical well-being, yet close to the city's most prominent attractions such as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Cleveland Museum of Art and Cleveland Botanical Garden. From the moment you arrive you'll feel the warmth and comfort of a hotel and staff that are focused on assisting you reach your goal of wellness and good health. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotel Cleveland
- Intercontinental Cleveland
- InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland Ohio