“Week long trip - affordable” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Week long trip - affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I was in Cleveland for a Conference at the Cleveland Clinic. I only was in my room in the evening. The people at the front desk were very helpful and courteous. The parking attendants were also very prompt and pleasant. I ate dinner two nights in the C2 restaurant. The employees were again very welcoming. The food was average, nothing to write home about.
My only complaint would be that valet parking is mandatory at $16/day. It would be cheaper, if you will not be driving much, since I didnt, to park in another garage to save yourself the money. There is no reason to charge that much money for a service I did not request, yet was mandatory.

Otherwise, it is within walking distance - 1-2 minutes - to get the the Clev Clinic main building so if in town for a medical conference or for a loved one having surgery, this was a good experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Pgh1025,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with the hotel during your stay. We certainly take the comments seriously and we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with valet parking being mandatory. Since we are unable to provide self parking as an option, our guests have the ability to park in any of the nearby parking garages if they feel the valet parking charge is too expensive.

Also thank you for recognizing our front desk, valet parking attendants, and C2 restaurant employees for their great customer service.

Business Travel Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Poland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

Valet parking was extremely helpful and funny! They set the tone for the rest of our stay. There was a small wait to check in, (under three minutes), as we seemed to have hit the main check in time rush, but the ladies were very apologetic to each guest about it.

We had a question about the air filtration for our room and received an impressive and informative answer.

The room was spotless and was already cool, (we always ask our room be set at 65 before we check in so we are comfortable). The King Suite was very enjoyable overall. When we walked in the sound of ocean waves were coming from the bedroom. Our stress started to melt away!

There was a nice little selection of current magazines that both my boyfriend and I read while drinking some wine and debating on room service.

Both dinner and breakfast were fabulous! Their healthy selections were much appreciated!

The bed was so comfortable we tried to come up with a plan to bring it back home! When we realized it was a no go we decided to go out and purchase a similar one soon.

If you book early enough you can snag a room for a great deal!

Safe travels!

• Stayed April 2012
Dear ZombieDana,

As the only "wellness focused" hotel in Cleveland, we are thrilled to hear the stress started to melt away and you enjoyed the healthy meal selections in our restaurant. We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Flemington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

When we scheduled our first visit to the Cleveland Clinic I felt that it was important that my wife have a comfortable place to stay and relax during my procedure and recovery. I did some research online and decided that The Intercontinental Suites Hotel best met our budget and overall needs because it offered 1 bdrm suites with living rm/dining area with sink, microwave, and refrigerator. I called The Suites and asked to speak with someone to arrange my visit. I was transferred to Pablo Criado, Director of Guest Experience. I explained our situation and needs and Pablo listened carefully. He volunteered to make the reservation for me and vowed that the staff would assist my wife in every way possible while I was in the hospital. The entire staff performed perfectly against that promise. Now 9 stays and 45 days later Pablo and many of the staff have become friends. This clearly represents "over the top" customer focus. My wife and I could not be happier with this hotel in every way. So if you are planning a stay at the Clinic, call the Suites and ask for Pablo. You'll be very glad you did. P.S. The beds are great.

Room Tip: My wife is addicted to seveeral rooms on the 8th floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear tfin,

Thank you for all the wonderful comments of our staff and especially Pablo, our Director of Guest Experience! We are happy to hear we met every one of your needs during your visit. We wish you and your family well.

Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights while in Cleveland for a wedding. The front desk was helpful and gave us some complimentary chocolates while they looked up my priority club number (the reservation that was made by someone else).

The suite is two good sized rooms and is right on the Cleveland Clinic campus. Although it wasn't the purpose of our visit, I think it'd be a perfect place for a family to stay if you or a loved one is in town for the hospital. (Note, the kitchenette is really just for coffee, not any kind of meal prep.)

The restaurant and bar staff are friendly, and we couldn't say no to the fruit water (you'll see what I mean!) in the lobby.

My one gripe is the mandatory valet parking: the drivers are courteous and quick, but when you literally drive your car through a mostly empty valet lot in order to get to the hotel entrance, it seems utterly crazy to pay someone to drive your car back to the lot and park it for you.

I'd much rather put my valet parking fee into the tip jar of whoever makes that fruit water. Mmmm mmmm!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear viajeropajero,

We are glad you enjoyed the fruit infused water in the lobby! I would agree it is delicious.

Thank you for sharing your experiences at the hotel while in town for a wedding. We take all the comments serious and we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with valet parking as the only option.

new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed at the Intercontinental Suites by the Cleveland Clinic during my niece's wedding weekend. This was our second stay at this hotel. It was excellent last June and was actually even better during this stay.

I cannot properly describe the high level of service offered at this hotel. My husband is an international airline pilot so we have had the opportunity to experience many levels of service in hotels. The Intercontinental Suites is near the top of our list in terms of service. They seem to know that many of their guests are staying at the hotel because a loved one is being treated at the Cleveland Clinic. The really do treat guests like family....only better. In particular, I must recognize Kahlil, one of the bellman. We got a flat tire by running over a bolt late on Friday night. We drove into the hotel at around 11:00. Kahlil said he would assist my husband the next morning as he was coming on shift at 7:00. Well, my husband came downstairs at 8:00 and Kahlil had our car brought to us. The tire was holding pressure so Kahlil called the Firestone store and told them to expect us. My husband arrived at Firestone, they had a bay ready and the tire was replaced in minutes. When my husband returned to the Intercontinental to dress for the wedding, he found the he forgot his necktie. Kahlil to the rescue! He lent my husband a tie for the wedding and it looked great. Our housekeeper was also extremely professional and friendly and the room was spotless after each of her visits. That is pretty impressive as we were traveling with three teens! Every single person who worked at this hotel was kind, professional and warm. Bravo to the folks at the Intercontinental Suites!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear momstravel,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize all the employees, especially Khalid, for their high level of customer service. I have shared your wonderful comments with all of them and congratulated them on a wonderful job!

Once again thank you!
NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I was surprised when I read some of the reviews. Our son attends Case Western Reserve Univ. so we've stayed here several times and it has always been wonderful. The staff is courteous, friendly, and polite. The rooms/suites are spacious, modern, bright, and clean. The beds are very comfortable. There is only valet parking so you do need to factor that into the price, however, if you have a child at CWRU they have a reduced rate if you ask. In fact, they have asked me why I would be staying there so I'd get the better rate. My last stay, they had a weekend rate that was less than the CWRU and switched me to that rate! We'll be back!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Teacheragain,

Thank you for being a loyal guest of the hotel and sharing your great experiences during your visits. We look forward to having you as our guest again.

toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We were there for one night in April 2012. The lady behind it were curteous but not very friendly. The room was very nice, clean and spacious. Except that our toilet continued on 'running' after a flush. I don't know if the chain was the culprit but it did stop when I tugged at it in the toilet bowl. The parking made things worse once I realized that there's only valet parking for $16, and the closest parking garage was some walk away--challenging when you have little ones, and need to go in and out of hotel a few times during the day. I drove around the hotel area (which is a medical facility campus) I found street parking, between Carnegie and US Rt.20. This hotel is very nice, but I really don't like the location and lack of parking, unless you are there for the clinics.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear anna b,

Thank you very much indeed for the comments. We are truly sorry that you did not have an excellent experience. I would love to have an opportunity to speak with you directly. Please contact me.

Business Travel Sales Manager

Been to InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland? Share your experiences!