The InterContinental Suites is one of three properties on the Cleveland Clinic campus. We’ve stayed at the Guest House Hotel. It’s older, the least expensive, and in need of a major overhaul. The only reason to stay there is that it’s close to the hospital, the Chicago Deli is in the same building, and you don’t pay an inflated fee for parking.
On this trip we stayed at the Intercontinental Suites. It’s a little farther away from the main entrance. Unfortunately there is no skywalk to the hospital, but there is a shuttle bus. On good weather days, it’s a relatively short walk if your physical condition permits. The Suites Hotel has been renovated and is more expensive than the Guest House. Don't go by the room rate alone - ask for the total cost per night (there is 16% tax plus a $16 per day charge for parking.) This hotel is trying hard to mimic it’s more upscale sister property, the Intercontinental Resort, and justify it’s rates, but there are too many little things that make it fall short.
Our one bedroom suite was comfortable. It had a small, but serviceable living area with a desk. Bedroom is a decent size. Air conditioning is a puzzle. The numbers on the thermostat don’t reflect the temperature in the room.
Service is a relative term and an expensive add-on at this hotel – be prepared to pay/tip for everything. Hotel parking is a revenue source, not a service. The lot is next to the hotel and fenced. Guests are not given the option of self-parking. You are charged $16 a day in addition to the expected tip each time you use your car. A real hassle.
There aren’t many restaurants within walking distance. If you are going to spend most of your time at the hospital – eat there. The options are limited at the CC food court, but it’s affordable. There’s a Starbucks and an Au Bon Pain on the first floor of the hospital – good soups and sandwiches. You pay a premium for the convenience of eating at the hotel. The food is okay, but not worth the prices charged. We noticed that people who were staying for a week or more had smartly brought snacks/supplies with them.
Internet service is inconsistent. If you need to conduct business while you’re there it can be frustrating. We were told there was a “business center”. It’s an open-air area in the lobby - two computers and two printers - with people sitting and talking nearby. You have to contend with the conversation and the guys from Toledo enjoying Happy Hour.
The hotel desk staff was polite and helpful. If you are not coming specifically for the clinic, stay a little further out and get more for your money. Same advice if you are coming only for an appointment and not for an extended stay in the hospital.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, the region's only "wellness focused" all-suite hotel, is conveniently located right on the Cleveland Clinic campus. An oasis for guests to relax, rejuvenate and improve their overall mental and physical well-being, yet close to the city's most prominent attractions such as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Cleveland Museum of Art and Cleveland Botanical Garden. From the moment you arrive you'll feel the warmth and comfort of a hotel and staff that are focused on assisting you reach your goal of wellness and good health. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotel Cleveland
- Intercontinental Cleveland
- InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland Ohio