“Excellent hotel with awesome people working there.” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
lima
“Excellent hotel with awesome people working there.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

The service me and my father had, was awesome, we were there, because my father had to go to university hospital, it was suppose to be a bored trip, but people there make it really good, they where always helping us, if we needed a van, the call it and the same with the taxis to go to the malls and restaurants. the company of taxis that the hotel works with, has good drivers, i hope you stay working with them for all the life, especially with Said, he is a very good man. Then, going back to people at the hotel, lets star first with the ones that helps with the luggage, they where always helping, there are two guys, one is Hassan and the other, i don t remember the name now, but they both where very kind. Then at front desk, People was great, Bridget always help me with the things i wanted to buy, like tickets for the cavaliers game, then, Pablo, he is an awesome person, he was always asking me how was all going and helping with all that he could. Then at the restaurant, Luigi was so nice to, he always talk to me of what places to visit near cleveland. The waitress Paz, she was nice to, and there where tow other ladies to that where very kind, one from germany and the other from Rumania. I hope i see all this people once again some day.

The rooms, are very comfortable, nice beds, you have like a little kitchen and a small refrigerator to put the stuff you buy to eat.
the location its fine, its close to the hospitals and the city, 25 minutes to the airport.
I liked everything there.

Room Tip: All the rooms at this hotel are well done
  • Stayed March 2011
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Dear gfdlr,

Thank you for sharing your positive expereinces during your recent trip to Cleveland and University Hospitals. We are thrilled to know that our staff meet all of your expectations and you enjoyed your stay.

Stay well for 2011,
Business Travel Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

My first time in Cleveland, I stayed at the Intercontinental Suites Hotel in Cleveland.
At first I was a little concern with the renovations (i was notified of them prior to arrival).
The rooms were spotless, and the front desk help extremely attentive. They gave me recommendations on things to do and visit after work. Very pleased about the free wi-fi.
the one thing i was a little bugged about its the parking (Valet only). The restaurant was being renovated, and the food showed it... a bit on the chilly side too.
Overall I was very impressed with this Hotel, and will not doubt of staying there again on my next visit. Hopefully when I'm back the renovations are done, because that will make it the place to stay in Cleveland.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
Dear clopicich,

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff to be warm and attentive. We look forward to your next trip to Cleveland and hope to have you as our guest again. We are in the process of providing many more great things for our guests to enjoy with our renovations.

Bsuiness Travel Sales Manager
colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

Convenient to the clinic with shuttle buses coming to the hotel every 15 minutes.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Dear docolo,

Thank for taking the time to share your positive experience at the hotel. We are pleased that you found the hotel accommodating for your needs.

Wooster, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

Really was surprised and happy with how nice my room was. It was clean, had windows that open, robe and slippers, nice amenities, overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
Dear karo47,

Thank you for staying at the InterContinental Suites Hotel during your recent trip to Cleveland. We are please that you were satisfied with our renovated guest room and amenities. We certainly hope that you will stay with us again.

Flemington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

I was scheduled for surgery at the Cleveland Clinic Jan 2011. I went on line looking for a room and decided The Suites might fit our budget and needs. I would be in the hospital 7 -9 days and we planned to stay 3 days before and 4-5 after surgery. I went on line and met Pablo Criado, Guest Experience Manager. He answered all my questions, settled my concerns, and then made all arrangements for our stay. We arrived at the hotel Jan 13th and were very impressed by the cleanliness of the lobby and the personalized service provided by the front desk, bellmen, etc. Once in our room (1 bdrm with living rm, bath, and small kitchenette) we were taken by the cleanliness, and attention to detail everywhere - including 2 large flat screen tvs. Thankfully the bed was top-of-the-line. We even found a fruit basket welcoming us to the hotel. While I was in the hospital my wife was treated like royalty. People at the desk would ask how i was feeling and always asked if there was anything they could do to make her visit more comfortable. This attention to my wife and her needs and comfort were a great help as I was recovering in the hospital and she was able to have a place outside the hospital of to relax in comfort. We are returning to the Suites this weekend for a 3 days stay. We highly recommend The Suites to anyone visiting The Clinic, or anywhere in Cleveland for that matter.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear tfin,

Thank you for sharing your positive experiences at the hotel duirng your recent trip to Cleveland. We are certainly pleased that you found the hotel staff attentive as well as our newly renovated guestrooms comfortable and clean.

elmont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

Although this may be the smallest InterContinental I have ever had the pleasure of staying at, it definetely had the biggest impact on my entire family. My wife, 2 young daughters and myself left the hotel just two days ago. My wife was having surgery at the Cleveland Clinic and after doing some research, we selected the Intercontinental Suites. The prices were reasonable, but above all, the location within the Cleveland Clinic Campus was a huge bonus. It was great to get attended by a sincere, caring and attentive staff (from all levels and positions within the hotel) that made my family's stay a comfortable and relaxing stay. I love the way that the employees cared about my family.

When we arrived, we found out that the hotel is in a middle of some major renovation, which was a bit disappointing seeing as we would be spendng many late days in the hospital and would want to go to the hotel and relax. But, after expressing our concerns about the noise due to the renovation to the front desk person upon arrival, Khalid was nice enough to accomadate us in one of the renovated rooms. I'm not sure how the old rooms looked like, but all I can say is that this room was great! You can see and feel that they are so fresh and new.

I am a store manager for a company by the name of Gamestop in New York and have been in the customer service field for over 11 years with different companies, and all I can say is that you can feel that the employees in this hotel love what they do. The Front Desk staff was great and housekeeping was on point. We did order room service once since most of the times we ate while at the clinic, but food was ok.

Keep up the great job and you will see my family and I again, hopefully for some R&R! And rest assured that I will recommend the Intercontinental Suites to all my friends, family and collegues.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Dear am474772,

Thank you for sharing all the great experiences and customer service you received. We are certainly pleased our staff was attentive to your needs and you found our newly renovated guestrooms wonderful and great!

When you return to Cleveland for R&R, we would welcome you to stay with us again.

NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

This is a small, stripped down hotel on a corner in downtown Cleveland with nothing except a drug store. The rooms are clean. The employees are almost unconscious. It took a lot of work to get a someone to carry up my bag, and he knew nothing about the amenities in the room. There is no food at all except the hotel, so the prices are high.
But what is important is that they say they have a van to take someone to and from the local hospitals. It was a blizzard. It was dark and freezing. I was alone on a cul de sac. I called for the van three times.
It never came. I ended up taking a ride with a stranger who happened to drive by. I was lucky the person was nice. The hotel appeared to be totally uninterested in what happened. I called the General Manager who seem unimpressed and made no offer to compensate me in any way.
I would never stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, January 5, 2011
Dear CHS14,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay. In regards to your remarks regarding the hotel van, we understand it arrived ten minutes later than you would have liked, and you chose alternative transportation for your appointment. Please note we strive to accommodate as many guests as possible with our transportation options, especially during inclement weather. We regret you did not find them to your satisfaction; however we strongly feel we did our best in this situation to meet your needs.

Thank you again for your time and comments.
Neville Erasmus
Hotel Manager

Been to InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland? Share your experiences!