“Great!!!!!! Would stay here again and highly recommend this hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown

Special Offer
Check out the Theater!
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Cleveland
Toronto
“Great!!!!!! Would stay here again and highly recommend this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

I had decided to stay at this hotel after reading some of the reviews on T.A. I'm glad we did. This hotel is extremely well priced for the quality of service you receive.

The room was spacious (room 918), with a large King bed, an adequately appointed bathroom, and it was clean. I believe we paid $89/night plus parking ($16). I know some reviewers have complained about the fact that the hotel charges for parking, but after researching other hotels, found that this was normal. If you do find a hotel that has free parking, there is usually a catch (i.e. it is a few blocks away, or it is valet only).

All of the staff were very nice to us, and were extremely helpful.

At our room rate of $89/night, breakfast was not included. I believe we paid just under $11/person for the buffet breakfast. I've stayed at a lot of hotels, and I am going to declare that this hotel has the BEST breakfast I have ever had!!!! Everything was fresh, well made, and the service was excellent. I am very particular about hotel buffets, since most either offer a lousy continental breakfast or a very greasy and minimal buffet breakfast. Not the Hilton garden Inn, it was the best breakfast at a hotel I ever had, that I had to pay for.

The hotel also offers a free shuttle to local attractions. We went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Most hotels do offer such a service in other cities, but you usually have to wait forever for the third party service provider, to pick you up on a crowded bus, which is making the hotel to hotel runs. The Hilton garden has there own shuttle van, and will take you to the venue for free!!

As you can tell, I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel....almost. I do have one failing mark for this hotel, and it is the bed. My wife didn't get a wink of sleep. She said that the bed was either too lumpy or too hard.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Meadville, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

Helpful friendly staff that made life easier while my father underwent two + days of tests at the Cleveland Clinic.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

Only one thing bugged me about this place and that was a 16 dollar parking fee that was stuck on the bill. Bar that great hotel. Comfortable beds, clean room, good helpful friendly staff. We did not bother eating here as we were just passing through so can't comment on food.

• Stayed October 2010
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

I had a very positive experience with the front desk attendant, LaTonya.
This hotel seems like a great destination if you are in town for a sporting event.
Rooms are dated. The chair in my room was starting to fray.
Breakfast was very good and service was excellent - I always forget that they aren't free at HGIs though.
The parking situation at this hotel is annoying - every time I tried to move my car, I couldn't figure out if I was supposed to insert my room key, my ticket, or my credit card.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Brunswick, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

Met some friends at this hotel for a little get toghether. You would not believe how clean and bright this hotel is. You immediately get this warm, friendly feeling about you. The employees are incredible and friendly. We were planning on eating at a restaurant, but the General Manager made arrangements for lunch in his restaurant that was closed for lunch. Tell me that, is that service or what. Yep, I will be back to this hotel real soon, great location for baseball, basketball, and sight seeing. If you are stopping in Cleveland, you need to treat yourself to the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn downtown (on 9th street). The location was great if you are attending the sporting events. It is across the street from Progressive field (Indians) and close to the Cavs arena. The area isn't the greatest, you are near the highway, on the edge of 'downtown', but my wife and I were able to easily walk to the ballgame, restaurants, and bars. The price was much cheaper than the hotels closer to 'downtown'.
We used the shuttle service that the hotel offered for free to get to the Rock and Roll museum. The only downside to that was waiting for the shuttle on this particular day. We probably could have walked in the time we had to wait. On the way back it was a bit better. If using the shuttle (which I still would recommend), allow for extra time.
The hotel was nice, comfortable and clean. Despite being near the highway, and our room looked out over the back parking lot, it was quiet enough. Cleveland is pretty deserted after the games and concerts are finished, so you don't have a lot of street traffic.
The Erie cemetary is a block or two away and is very interesting. Worth a 30 minute walk thru. The Hall of Fame is a must see and for some folks who like to look at everything should be a 5-6 hour tour minimum.
During the warmer months, there are plenty of bars/restaurants with outdoor seating that were very enjoyable and the waterfront area is a nice place to walk around.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

My husband and 5 year old son choose this hotel based on location, we had tickets to an Indians game. It is convenient for that, otherwise, I pretty bad hotel. The bed was horrible (I have never complained about a bed before), pillows were bad, no mini bar and the walls were thin (could hear everything on both sides)- The worst was room service did not come- who does that?- we left early Saturday morning and saw room service approaching our room, upon a late return that night, we found they had not been there at all. And no breakfast room service available. Pretty weak stay, but cheap and close to Progressive Field.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!