“Nice location in Cleveland town!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed N Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Quebec
“Nice location in Cleveland town!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

If you're going to an Indians game, the hotel couldn't be more convenient as it is directly across the street. It's close to Key Tower and, thus, all of the city's rail lines. All of the major attractions such as the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame are walkable. The pool area was clean. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were fairly well-appointed. I booked on Hotwire for $59, so the value was good.

The only minor inconvenience was that the room wasn't ready upon our arrival and we weren't able to park our car without a keycard. Also parking was a bit of a rip off at $16 per day.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

My Dad and I traveled to Cleveland to see a game between the Indians and the Tigers. His friend works for the hotel and actually recommended this location. The staff was very welcoming. Dee Dee was so excited to be there and she really made us feel excited to be there as well. The overnight staff had two girls at the desk. One girl said she ran the night audit and the other girls name was Rose I believe. Anyways, both of them were very helpful and very kind. I work at a hotel in NYC and the service your hotel offered was amazing. Thanks for everything and we will see you next time!

• Stayed July 2010
Detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

We stayed for 1 night at the Hilton Garden Inn/Cleveland Downtown to catch a ballgame between the Indians and Detroit Tigers. We lost the series, but had a very nice stay at the hotel. I booked the hotel because of the location - parked and locked the vehicle and did not move it till we got ready to leave and because it had a pool - our 11 year old daughter gives it a thumbs up! Room was comfortable, could see the ballpark from our room... Pool was nice... Front desk was helpful... Had to laugh when we overheard someone ask the desk clerk if there was a shuttle to the ballpark! Take a left out the door and you are there!!! Had the breakfast buffet on Sunday morning and everything was hot and delicious. Nice stay - would recommend to family and friends - will stay again when we visit our Detroit Tigers on the road.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Parkersburg, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

We stayed at the Hilton in downtown Cleveland for one night, going to see a concert. The location was very convenient to the Theatre district, we were able to walk. We booked a 1 king size bed non-smoking room. We booked this room over the phone because the website said "free breakfast for all in the room" and we wanted to verify that deal. We were told that yes, we get free breakfast at the restaurant on site, and that our bed was a Sleep Number bed. The rate was $115/night for that.

Arrived about an hour before check-in and had to wait on our room to be ready. (Busy weekend, was the weekend Lebron James made his team choice.) Once we checked in, we were given our voucher for the free breakfast and a card to get in and out of the parking lot. It costs $16/night to park in an open lot with no added security. I felt a little ripped off in that, but parking was $2/hour otherwise so I guess we got a good deal for "downtown parking". Our card didn't work to get into the lot and we had to go back to the desk to have them activate it. Desk staff was very nice, and actually said PLEASE!

Our room, once ready, was pretty clean. Had a funky smell but not a bad or dirty smell. The bed, which we were told was a Sleep Number bed, was an ajustable foam type bed. Not a sleep number. I got a horrible night's sleep, though my husband loved it. Our stay was over a Friday night and it was almost silent in our room, other than hearing the elevator ding every now and then.

Bathroom was pretty clean. Needed just regular maintenance. The shower curtain is the cloth kind where they take off the lower half to wash them. Three of the buttons were missing and it looked stained on the inside. There was some discoloration on the edge of the bathtub where it met the walls and floors. Shower head was adjustable and had great water pressure. (Husband wanted to take it home) The shampoo, considitioner, soap and lotion were WONDERFUL. Neutrogena brand. (This is always my big complaint, is crappy toiletries but these were great!) One of our bath towels had holes in it and a couple of stains on it, but the rest seemed brand new and were pretty soft.

There is a mini-fridge in the room that guests can actually use for their own beverages.
There is a pantry by the front desk where you can purchase snacks, beverages, beer and toiletries that you may have forgotten. (I forgot a razor; $1.) Open 24 hours.
Pool is small, but nice. Over-chlorinated in my opinion. There is a small deck outside to catch some rays.
Small fitness center looked nice, but I didn't use it.
There is a business center located close to the front desk that is free to the hotel guests. It has 2 computers with internet access and printing capabilities. Open 24 hours a day.

The restaurant on site had DELICIOUS breakfast. It costs $10.95/person (ours was free thanks to the special the day we booked). It is a buffet style breakfast, but you have servers and can special order omlettes, waffles, pancakes and things that really need to be cooked fresh. We finished breakfast around 9:30am and were not hungry again until around 2:30pm. We ate plenty to get our fill (and I'm 6 months pregnant!) and really enjoyed all of the food. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive too!

Had this hotel been a little cheaper, I wouldn't have a complaint in the world. Being a Hilton, I expected a little more value for the price, but I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Decent hotel with nice rooms. Staff was friendly but seemed a bit disorganized (I think they were training a new person). Rooms was clean and bright. Breakfast buffet was the best feature of the hotel. Great food and service. Swimming with my kids was not good however. Pool ran out of towels and it was very crowded. Decent stay but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

If your going to and Indian's game, this is the place to stay. We were directly across from the stadium. However, if you are looking for something closer to the waterfront your still only about a 3 minute drive. Parking options all around the waterfront area ranging from $3-$8.

The pool and business center was nice. The rooms were spacious and clean. The breakfast buffet was average but a bit pricey at $11 per person. The staff was very friendly. The beds were a bit too soft for my taste. The parking at $16 a day is a bit much in my opinion. They do have a complimentary shuttle available, but be aware that shuttle does NOT run on weekends. The neighborhood appeared a bit sketchy.

A few tips:

***We had a great view of the fireworks from the stadium in our room. Request the street side if you want a view.

***Visit Sokolowski's University Inn for some great food. Its only a quick 3 minute drive over the bridge.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

I stayed here for one night and the hotel is nice. The one downside was they charge you $16 for parking. There are other places near the hotel to park for less but it did not appear these places had overnight security, and from the look of the neighborhood, $16 if better then filing a police and insurance report the next day and getting a rental car.

The "but" is the extra charge of $25 they placed on my CC. I called and they explained to me that a mistake was made and I was because I used a debit card and they were unable to refund that money to my account. I reminded them Walmart never had a problem refunding money to my debit card and they told me their system was different. When I first spoke with accounting at the hotel they were only aware of the $16 parking charge and when I told them I was looking at my online statement and they charged me another $25, then they were like "Oh the $25."

To have a multi-million dollar hotel and not have the ability to return money they you have the ability to take off a card is strange. I have learned in my 42 years of life that when the story is to strange to be believed then it is made-up. I was charged $25 by this hotel that could not be returned to my account because there system would not allow them to return it. That is a $25 hidden charge that I was very lucky to have caught and had returned.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!