“Close to Progressive field” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed N Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Close to Progressive field”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

You couldn't ask for a better hotel close to Progressive Field. It is only a few blocks away and our room had views of the Progressive Field. Not too many options for restuarants but the room service was great. This hotel is perfect for those attending a game otherwise there isn't much in the area.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
cin ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

We stayed here (myself and 2 kids) for a short trip before school resumed after spring break. It was easy to get to and check in was a breeze. I used priceline and got a really good rate. We arrived a little before 3 and we were immediatly given a room. We checked out the pool and hot tub. The hot tub was HOT!! Almost too hot. The kids enjoyed the pool. We were the only ones there for about 15 minutes then another family arrived. The pool and pool area were really small. When another family showed up we left. The beds were super comfortable. There were noisy people in the hallway or somewhere until very late. We only stayed the one night as we were just going to see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Great Lakes Science Center then heading home. Overall I would say the hotel was pretty nice. The sleep would have been great had there not been so much noise in the hallway.

• Stayed April 2010
south of Buffalo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

I bid my rooms with Priceline and was thrilled with the whole process and stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Fort Wayne Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

I love this Garden Inn. I stayed in this hotel due to some training taking place in the building so it worked out perfect for me but I would have been happy to stay here had my training been elsewhere. I never had to get out in the bad weather unless I wanted to go out.

The room was very clean, the bed was firm but comfortable, large flat screen TV, nice work area and desk and wired Internet connection at the desk in the room, coffee pot, microwave and small frig in the room. I was in room 1120 (11th floor facing downtown) and had a beautiful view....I could even see the lake.......however it is currently frozen. Either way, it was a really nice view.

I was unsure about breakfast at the hotel based on a previous persons poor review but I am glad I gave it a try. Breakfast was just under $12 but came with several hot items, eggs, potatos, bacon and sausage.......there were tons of breads, fresh fruit, yougarts, a large container of hot oatmeal, granola, and all the fixins and once you sit down you can request a omelet, fresh toast and or pancakes as well..........nice! Breakfast area opened up at 6:30AM.

During my stay I used the hotels FREE shuttle several times and the hours of operation are 7 to 7. I LOVE the shuttle but I wish it went from 9 to 9 or something a bit later than 7.........The second evening I didnt get out till about 6:15PM so I took a cab back to the hotel. (I called the hotel and they called the cab for me.) $6 from 4th st back to the hotel.......right from where the Cav's play! ~ So if going to a game, take a cab and dont bother with driving and paying to park, it's just not worth it. Catch a cab! It was game night, downtown was abuzz and but I never felt unsafe downtown by myself.........Cabbie was really nice. I was surprised NOT to find cabbies waiting of folks in the 4th St area. ~However~ The cab pulled up within 5 minutes of the hotel calling him though. PERFECT!

I ate at Siagon on 4th Street and found the food really good for a reasonabe price. (about $20 a person with a drink, nice little place, great waitress who was happy to suggest something for me, food was great) The previous night we ate at the Cleveland Chop House and Brewery........GREAT hand crafted beer and steak. Both places were ok to go dressed casual, but some people were dressed as if they had just came from the office.(about $30 a person with a drink) I LOVED the vibe of the 4th St area, Street is closed off to traffic and most all of the street is lit up outside almost like Christmas lighting, really nice vibe. Lots of people moving about. Would be wonderful in the summer and outside seating areas. Worth a visit..........couple of neat bars in this area as well.

There is a subway and a sushi place just out the front door of the hotel. (Subway for lunch one day for me during training, nice if eating on a budget.)

I did NOT use the fitness area but another guest told me that 3 of the machines are not working. If this IS the case, HILTON get it together! :) So many people now depend on those machines to stay fit while on the road. We also paid for parking, but I was not worried about my car where it was parked. I never moved the car while at the hotel....parked it and left it.

The hotel is 1 block from progressive field so would be perfect place to stay for a game. I have had no issues with water during my showers, loud guests or anything negative.

One thing I forgot to mention is if it is late and you dont wish to go out, the hotel has a little pantry that has everything from snacks to food you can microwave for an easy meal. (I opted to do this today for lunch) ~ and it worked out perfect for me. I noticed they even have a few select beers down there in case you want to take a drink to the room. :)

So the room was very clean, nice view, great location, great staff........I had a GREAT stay! I would stay here again in a heart beat!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
ironton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

Great location, clean hotel, friendly staff, and comfortable rooms. Nice place to stay!!! We will stay here again very soon.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

We were going to Cleveland for the first time, to Cleveland Clinic. Everyone at this hotel was kind and helpful. Very gracious. We were given a special clinic rate discount, the room was sparkling clean, even a van to take us to the clinic. Nice pool and whirpool. The restaurant food was delicious and reasonably priced. Staff were so pleasant. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2010

This place has hidden charges, is deceptive and tried to charge us 40 dollars for phone calls that were supposed to be free until we confronted them. It would have been nice to know that the confirmed price of 89.00 per night was for a single, despite the fact that I made, and confirmed, the reservation for 2 adults. That increased the price by 23 dollars, and then the parking fee of 16 dollars..... Don't do it. And it's in a bad neighborhood.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!