“Great Place to stay Downtown Cleveland” 5 of 5 stars

Bed N Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Wayne Indiana
“Great Place to stay Downtown Cleveland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

I love this Garden Inn. I stayed in this hotel due to some training taking place in the building so it worked out perfect for me but I would have been happy to stay here had my training been elsewhere. I never had to get out in the bad weather unless I wanted to go out.

The room was very clean, the bed was firm but comfortable, large flat screen TV, nice work area and desk and wired Internet connection at the desk in the room, coffee pot, microwave and small frig in the room. I was in room 1120 (11th floor facing downtown) and had a beautiful view....I could even see the lake.......however it is currently frozen. Either way, it was a really nice view.

I was unsure about breakfast at the hotel based on a previous persons poor review but I am glad I gave it a try. Breakfast was just under $12 but came with several hot items, eggs, potatos, bacon and sausage.......there were tons of breads, fresh fruit, yougarts, a large container of hot oatmeal, granola, and all the fixins and once you sit down you can request a omelet, fresh toast and or pancakes as well..........nice! Breakfast area opened up at 6:30AM.

During my stay I used the hotels FREE shuttle several times and the hours of operation are 7 to 7. I LOVE the shuttle but I wish it went from 9 to 9 or something a bit later than 7.........The second evening I didnt get out till about 6:15PM so I took a cab back to the hotel. (I called the hotel and they called the cab for me.) $6 from 4th st back to the hotel.......right from where the Cav's play! ~ So if going to a game, take a cab and dont bother with driving and paying to park, it's just not worth it. Catch a cab! It was game night, downtown was abuzz and but I never felt unsafe downtown by myself.........Cabbie was really nice. I was surprised NOT to find cabbies waiting of folks in the 4th St area. ~However~ The cab pulled up within 5 minutes of the hotel calling him though. PERFECT!

I ate at Siagon on 4th Street and found the food really good for a reasonabe price. (about $20 a person with a drink, nice little place, great waitress who was happy to suggest something for me, food was great) The previous night we ate at the Cleveland Chop House and Brewery........GREAT hand crafted beer and steak. Both places were ok to go dressed casual, but some people were dressed as if they had just came from the office.(about $30 a person with a drink) I LOVED the vibe of the 4th St area, Street is closed off to traffic and most all of the street is lit up outside almost like Christmas lighting, really nice vibe. Lots of people moving about. Would be wonderful in the summer and outside seating areas. Worth a visit..........couple of neat bars in this area as well.

There is a subway and a sushi place just out the front door of the hotel. (Subway for lunch one day for me during training, nice if eating on a budget.)

I did NOT use the fitness area but another guest told me that 3 of the machines are not working. If this IS the case, HILTON get it together! :) So many people now depend on those machines to stay fit while on the road. We also paid for parking, but I was not worried about my car where it was parked. I never moved the car while at the hotel....parked it and left it.

The hotel is 1 block from progressive field so would be perfect place to stay for a game. I have had no issues with water during my showers, loud guests or anything negative.

One thing I forgot to mention is if it is late and you dont wish to go out, the hotel has a little pantry that has everything from snacks to food you can microwave for an easy meal. (I opted to do this today for lunch) ~ and it worked out perfect for me. I noticed they even have a few select beers down there in case you want to take a drink to the room. :)

So the room was very clean, nice view, great location, great staff........I had a GREAT stay! I would stay here again in a heart beat!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
ironton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

Great location, clean hotel, friendly staff, and comfortable rooms. Nice place to stay!!! We will stay here again very soon.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

We were going to Cleveland for the first time, to Cleveland Clinic. Everyone at this hotel was kind and helpful. Very gracious. We were given a special clinic rate discount, the room was sparkling clean, even a van to take us to the clinic. Nice pool and whirpool. The restaurant food was delicious and reasonably priced. Staff were so pleasant. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2010

This place has hidden charges, is deceptive and tried to charge us 40 dollars for phone calls that were supposed to be free until we confronted them. It would have been nice to know that the confirmed price of 89.00 per night was for a single, despite the fact that I made, and confirmed, the reservation for 2 adults. That increased the price by 23 dollars, and then the parking fee of 16 dollars..... Don't do it. And it's in a bad neighborhood.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

My room was very clean and the staff was excellent. Normally, I'm a "free continental breakfast" kind of guy, but since I was here on business, I didn't mind that nothing was free. Great (but expensive) breakfast. Had dinner at the bar one night - food was fine, and the bartender/server was friendly. Great lobby area - very nice for sitting or having a casual meeting, or whatever.

Negatives:
One of the elevators would not take me to my floor. That is, button "3" did not work in the elevator. I actually had to take the elevator back to the lobby and take a different elevator to my floor.

The area is not the kind of area I'd let my wife just walk out of the hotel and take a stroll.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

I've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn downtown several times. The staff is friendly, rooms are clean and comfortable and highway access is convenient. The Indians stadium (Progressive Field) is directly across the street so if you're coming for a ballgame this is your best bet. Also close to Quicken Loans Arena where the Cavs and Lake Erie Monsters play. It's a 4-5 minute cab ride to nightlife and our cab driver was super friendly and offered to pick us up if we called. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
dayton, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

Being at Cleveland Clinic is hard. It means long days, frustration.expensive, and just down right tired. There are hotels next to the clinic which are extremely expensive. But right down the street a bit is the Hilton! You have big cushy comfortable beds,and a really nice room. Plus they give Cleveland Clinic patients and family a discount. $89. Being here a week adds up if you stay by the clinic at 139. to 289. a night! Plus you have a wonderful staff who bend over backwards to make your stay more comfortable!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown? Share your experiences!