I love this Garden Inn. I stayed in this hotel due to some training taking place in the building so it worked out perfect for me but I would have been happy to stay here had my training been elsewhere. I never had to get out in the bad weather unless I wanted to go out.
The room was very clean, the bed was firm but comfortable, large flat screen TV, nice work area and desk and wired Internet connection at the desk in the room, coffee pot, microwave and small frig in the room. I was in room 1120 (11th floor facing downtown) and had a beautiful view....I could even see the lake.......however it is currently frozen. Either way, it was a really nice view.
I was unsure about breakfast at the hotel based on a previous persons poor review but I am glad I gave it a try. Breakfast was just under $12 but came with several hot items, eggs, potatos, bacon and sausage.......there were tons of breads, fresh fruit, yougarts, a large container of hot oatmeal, granola, and all the fixins and once you sit down you can request a omelet, fresh toast and or pancakes as well..........nice! Breakfast area opened up at 6:30AM.
During my stay I used the hotels FREE shuttle several times and the hours of operation are 7 to 7. I LOVE the shuttle but I wish it went from 9 to 9 or something a bit later than 7.........The second evening I didnt get out till about 6:15PM so I took a cab back to the hotel. (I called the hotel and they called the cab for me.) $6 from 4th st back to the hotel.......right from where the Cav's play! ~ So if going to a game, take a cab and dont bother with driving and paying to park, it's just not worth it. Catch a cab! It was game night, downtown was abuzz and but I never felt unsafe downtown by myself.........Cabbie was really nice. I was surprised NOT to find cabbies waiting of folks in the 4th St area. ~However~ The cab pulled up within 5 minutes of the hotel calling him though. PERFECT!
I ate at Siagon on 4th Street and found the food really good for a reasonabe price. (about $20 a person with a drink, nice little place, great waitress who was happy to suggest something for me, food was great) The previous night we ate at the Cleveland Chop House and Brewery........GREAT hand crafted beer and steak. Both places were ok to go dressed casual, but some people were dressed as if they had just came from the office.(about $30 a person with a drink) I LOVED the vibe of the 4th St area, Street is closed off to traffic and most all of the street is lit up outside almost like Christmas lighting, really nice vibe. Lots of people moving about. Would be wonderful in the summer and outside seating areas. Worth a visit..........couple of neat bars in this area as well.
There is a subway and a sushi place just out the front door of the hotel. (Subway for lunch one day for me during training, nice if eating on a budget.)
I did NOT use the fitness area but another guest told me that 3 of the machines are not working. If this IS the case, HILTON get it together! :) So many people now depend on those machines to stay fit while on the road. We also paid for parking, but I was not worried about my car where it was parked. I never moved the car while at the hotel....parked it and left it.
The hotel is 1 block from progressive field so would be perfect place to stay for a game. I have had no issues with water during my showers, loud guests or anything negative.
One thing I forgot to mention is if it is late and you dont wish to go out, the hotel has a little pantry that has everything from snacks to food you can microwave for an easy meal. (I opted to do this today for lunch) ~ and it worked out perfect for me. I noticed they even have a few select beers down there in case you want to take a drink to the room. :)
So the room was very clean, nice view, great location, great staff........I had a GREAT stay! I would stay here again in a heart beat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown is conveniently located in downtown Cleveland next to Progressive Field. Our hotel has 240 guestrooms, suites and accessible rooms as well as a fitness center, pool and whirlpool. Hold your next business meeting in the Gateway Conference Center, boasting 20,000 sq. ft. of space, full-service catering and AV equipment. After a busy day enjoy convenient parking, a martini at Harvey’s Bar and dinner at the Great American Grill or in your room ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland
- Cleveland Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Cleveland
- Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown Ohio